All things Type-Moon

Shikitohno

Favorite Characters from Type-Moon universe  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Favoirte Character from Type-Moon Universe?

• Shiki
    • Arcueid
    • Ciel
    • Akiha
    • Hisui
    • Kohaku
    • Yumizuka
    • Len
    • Sion
    • Saber
    • Rin
    • Archer
    • Caster
    • Rider
    • Sakura
    • Assassin
    • Ilya
    • Bazett
    • Caren
    • Avenger
  2. 2. More Characters

• Irisveil
    • Fuji-Nee
    • Berserker
    • Kiritugu Emiya
    • White Len
    • Aoko
    • Shiki Ryougi
    • Touko Aozaki
    • Saber Lily
    • Saber Alter
    • Gilgamesh(Archer Gold)
    • Caster(Fate/Zero)
    • Rider(Fate/Zero)
    • Berserker(Fate/Zero)
    • Assassin(Fate/Zero)
    • Lancer(Fate/Zero)
    • Saber Red
    • Caster(Fate/Extra)
    • Others

This poll is closed to new votes

I thought I would just start discussion on my favorite VNs which are all by Type-Moon. I guess I will start of with a question does anyone know what the name of the opening song from the Tsukihime anime? I swear I have heard it in other media before but I am not sure, oh and I guess I will do a pole on who is your favorite Type-Moon characters as well.

The opening song is "The Selected Moon" or "The Sacred Moon", I've seen both and don't know which one is correct and if it is a translation issue. It's by Toshiyuki Omori.

This poll cruelly lacks a Ryougi Shiki option.

Also, the whole Tsukihime cast > the whole Fate cast. (Tsukihime fanboy inside)

The opening song is "The Selected Moon" or "The Sacred Moon", I've seen both and don't know which one is correct and if it is a translation issue. It's by Toshiyuki Omori.

This poll cruelly lacks a Ryougi Shiki option.

Also, the whole Tsukihime cast > the whole Fate cast. (Tsukihime fanboy inside)

Ok thank you for the information for the song and I will be adding more options I just did not have the time earlier, and it gave me a limit of sixteen per question so I will see if I can change it by making a continuation of it.

Hm, you're right, there's a 20-answer limit. Well, you could add the same question twice or thrice, that would make more possible answers.

Yeah I will be doing this in segments. It is going to take a while though since I cannot remember ever character from the entire universe of the top of my head. Plus, there are something that I have not got to reading yet so give me time mostly like by the end of the day the list will be complete, Hopefully. Oh, and I have another question I had heard that they were remake Tsukihime and including a route for Yumizuka who is my most favorite character from Tsukihime, but when ever I try to find information on it I come up empty so does anyone know anything about this?

No official information, but when you look at the trailer for the remake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoUrgYWOxh0

There's a presentation of several characters: the five heroines PLUS Sacchin. Which strongly hints to the fact that this time, she's a heroine too.

I saw that I and the magazine pictures. Ugh, have they even given a release date for it yet or said if they were still working on it I have not looked up much lately.

Ok, just finished the anime for Tsukihime, and damn it why do they always pick the true ending that ends bitter sweet. The manga corrects the problems with the true ending but the anime decided not to, Grrr.

Oh, what was funny about it is that Arcueid leaves him there and he had just rejected Yumizuka confession. XD and X(

The ending of this anime is almost as annoying as the one from the Fate/Stay night ending, why the could not give Saber route two ending is beyond me, and the bonus thing unlocked after beating the game is not good enough.

They both Die and go Avalon, which has a population of zero beside them.

Which game do you guys think is better: Tsukihime or Fate/stay night? I want to play one of them, but I don't have time for both at the moment.

Depends on your tastes. I'd say Tsukihime but I know it's probably not the most popular opinion (although more people played FSN than Tsukihime).

A few comparison elements:

*Both MCs are rather bland regular MCs. Shiki (Tsukihime) does have a number of particularities you'll discover though. Shirou (FSN) can be unbearable because of his sexism and stupidity, but he also has his share of secrets. And he gets better.

*Tsukihime has less fluff text (cooking scenes, repetitive scenes...) than F/SN.

*F/SN is more epic than Tsukihime, though the latter doesn't lack it.

*Tsukihime has more drama than F/SN, though the latter doesn't lack it.

*Tsukihime being a doujin game, it has filtered pictures as CGs and not a lot of sprites. F/SN is a pro game but isn't really outstanding in terms of graphics though.

The rest comes down to opinion. IMO all the characters in Tsukihime are better than those is F/SN, but yeah, that's quite subjective.

Which game do you guys think is better: Tsukihime or Fate/stay night? I want to play one of them, but I don't have time for both at the moment.

It is a mixed I love both games but Tsukihime was the first visual novel I ever read so it, it is my all time favorite. I guess the difference is Tsukihime is that it a lot dark at time the Fate, but I think that Tsukihime does a better job on ending while Fate lacks in that department. eh, the both I have there pros and cons but there both good, just pick which everyone suit you I guess then read the latter the one left over later.

Depends on your tastes. I'd say Tsukihime but I know it's probably not the most popular opinion (although more people played FSN than Tsukihime).

A few comparison elements:

*Both MCs are rather bland regular MCs. Shiki (Tsukihime) does have a number of particularities you'll discover though. Shirou (FSN) can be unbearable because of his sexism and stupidity, but he also has his share of secrets. And he gets better.

*Tsukihime has less fluff text (cooking scenes, repetitive scenes...) than F/SN.

*F/SN is more epic than Tsukihime, though the latter doesn't lack it.

*Tsukihime has more drama than F/SN, though the latter doesn't lack it.

*Tsukihime being a doujin game, it has filtered pictures as CGs and not a lot of sprites. F/SN is a pro game but isn't really outstanding in terms of graphics though.

The rest comes down to opinion. IMO all the characters in Tsukihime are better than those is F/SN, but yeah, that's quite subjective.

Given that you liked Saya no Uta, I think Tsukihime, which is quite a bit darker imo, would be better.

It is a mixed I love both games but Tsukihime was the first visual novel I ever read so it, it is my all time favorite. I guess the difference is Tsukihime is that it a lot dark at time the Fate, but I think that Tsukihime does a better job on ending while Fate lacks in that department. eh, the both I have there pros and cons but there both good, just pick which everyone suit you I guess then read the latter the one left over later.

Thanks for the help! I'll definitely be playing Tsukihime.