Best Version of Clannad

So, it's been a while since Clannad (and other VNs by Key and Other Companies) have been on my radar, but there are many versions of this visual novel, so I don't know which one should I pick. Also should I play Kanon and Air before Clannad?

3 minutes ago, Okarin said:

Clannad has been heavily discounted in the last Steam sale, so look forward to Christmas sale.

Yep! Just waiting one of Steam's sweet and swifty promotions.

Well, it is currently R$90, so you'll probably want to wait for a sale. In my opinion, Air is way better than Kanon, and if I were to choose now (after reading both), I'd leave the best for the end. However, Kanon is not bad at all.

Like Decay said, there is literally no connection between games, besides some few references (I only remember Air's toy dinosaur appearing in Kotori's shirt in Rewrite), so any order is fine (or no order at all).

Actually, I've seen people say that Key works tend to reuse similar ideas (enough so that someone said they could tell what was going to happen to so-and-so just based on how it went in previous Key games they'd played).  In which case I might recommend starting with the one that seems most interesting to you.