Jump to content
Nosebleed

Fall 2016 Anime Discussion

Recommended Posts

Well I watched it for completion since I made it this far and the end was pretty much what I expected. In the unlikely event someone's still watching and doesn't want spoilers...

Spoiler

The title itself was mistranslated I thought, since I would have translated it to "Izetta, the one who ends it all", but I guess that's too much of a spoiler in itself rather than the last witch which is vaguer. However, Japanese viewers would have all been cued in on that title but I guess they thought that was too much for subtitle viewers or used artistic license or perhaps try and salvage the plot by hiding the ending from the title or something...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

Pity that Drifters is ending super soon.

And Haikyuu has already finished, dooming us all to depression.

Wait what? Drifters is a one cour?..... Bloody hell you are right.......wtf

How are they planning to end all that in one episode?
There is no way that is even possible there is way to many unresolved plot points for it to possible end in a good way in one episode, some characters have not even been properly introduced yet like zero guy and aircraft carrier guy despite been seen quite prominently in the opening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, havoc said:

Wait what? Drifters is a one cour?..... Bloody hell you are right.......wtf

How are they planning to end all that in one episode?
There is no way that is even possible there is way to many unresolved plot points for it to possible end in a good way in one episode, some characters have not even been properly introduced yet like zero guy and aircraft carrier guy despite been seen quite prominently in the opening.

I'm guessing with the fight against Hijikata and going all "and we'll rise with Orte's power and conquer the world, the end."

Which, I must say, kinda sucks. Drifters has more than enough kick to be two cour and not lose its spark. Having it as one cour... gotta say it's actually pretty negative. Kills the show right at its climax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, that's a ridiculous disappointment. Really thought there's going to be something more than just 3 good first episodes and then fuck all in Izetta....

Seems like only a few non-sequel anime are even worth watching this season..... let's see here.

MGRP. Weak start but it's very good starting from episode 4. Keeps it's quality until the last episode although the ending feels extremely rushed and non-climatic. Hopefully we got a sequel for this one.

Drifters. Enjoyable action and gore but honestly I don't see much story to this.... then again it is from the author of Hellsing so I should've seen this a miles away. Making the antagonist "that guy" is worth the watch though. Didn't think any series could pull that plot twist.

As for everything else, an exciting and much better second season of Bungou Stray Dogs, epic and sensational third season of Haikyuu, intense heartfelt drama in Euphonium second season, and the usual great mecha action and crazy politics in the second season of Iron Blooded Orphans.

Wew, thank God I didn't drop any of the series in previous seasons otherwise I would have nearly nothing to watch this season....

....Hm maybe I should start that uber popular yaoi on ice anime... or not...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jibril said:

Welp, that's a ridiculous disappointment. Really thought there's going to be something more than just 3 good first episodes and then fuck all in Izetta....

Seems like only a few non-sequel anime are even worth watching this season..... let's see here.

MGRP. Weak start but it's very good starting from episode 4. Keeps it's quality until the last episode although the ending feels extremely rushed and non-climatic. Hopefully we got a sequel for this one.

Drifters. Enjoyable action and gore but honestly I don't see much story to this.... then again it is from the author of Hellsing so I should've seen this a miles away. Making the antagonist "that guy" is worth the watch though. Didn't think any series could pull that plot twist.

As for everything else, an exciting and much better second season of Bungou Stray Dogs, epic and sensational third season of Haikyuu, intense heartfelt drama in Euphonium second season, and the usual great mecha action and crazy politics in the second season of Iron Blooded Orphans.

Wew, thank God I didn't drop any of the series in previous seasons otherwise I would have nearly nothing to watch this season....

....Hm maybe I should start that uber popular yaoi on ice anime... or not...

Yuri on Ice is easily one of the best of the season. I'd personally say the best if it wasn't for Haikyuu S3 being simply excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jibril said:

Welp, that's a ridiculous disappointment. Really thought there's going to be something more than just 3 good first episodes and then fuck all in Izetta....

Seems like only a few non-sequel anime are even worth watching this season..... let's see here.

MGRP. Weak start but it's very good starting from episode 4. Keeps it's quality until the last episode although the ending feels extremely rushed and non-climatic. Hopefully we got a sequel for this one.

Drifters. Enjoyable action and gore but honestly I don't see much story to this.... then again it is from the author of Hellsing so I should've seen this a miles away. Making the antagonist "that guy" is worth the watch though. Didn't think any series could pull that plot twist.

As for everything else, an exciting and much better second season of Bungou Stray Dogs, epic and sensational third season of Haikyuu, intense heartfelt drama in Euphonium second season, and the usual great mecha action and crazy politics in the second season of Iron Blooded Orphans.

Wew, thank God I didn't drop any of the series in previous seasons otherwise I would have nearly nothing to watch this season....

....Hm maybe I should start that uber popular yaoi on ice anime... or not...

I don't really know your taste, but Flip Flappers is pretty enjoyable for me. It's basically a cross between FLCL, Utena and Alice in Wonderland. 

Also, it's vewwy vewwy pwetty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to take up Flip Flappers. That is ridiculously one vewwy pwetty anime of cute girls doing cool action. Plenty of symbolism there too and with a good story and twists later on. Probably one of the better anime of Fall 2016.

Also picked up Gi(a)rlish Number which IMO is very underrated and underwatched. The first 3 episodes are just so savage towards the current anime industry, and the second half feels like Oregairu but in the world of working, granted the story is by Oregairu's author hence the similarities.... but eh, still very enjoyable. The MC is also just adowable despite being one of the bitchiest MC I've seen in years...

I'll put Yuri on my watch list, though not now since that part of the spoilers kind of makes me on the fence whether it is worth it or not....

Anyway it's onto Winter 2017 now! Time to watch even more anime~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jibril said:

Decided to take up Flip Flappers. That is ridiculously one vewwy pwetty anime of cute girls doing cool action. Plenty of symbolism there too and with a good story and twists later on. Probably one of the better anime of Fall 2016.

Also picked up Gi(a)rlish Number which IMO is very underrated and underwatched. The first 3 episodes are just so savage towards the current anime industry, and the second half feels like Oregairu but in the world of working, granted the story is by Oregairu's author hence the similarities.... but eh, still very enjoyable. The MC is also just adowable despite being one of the bitchiest MC I've seen in years...

I'll put Yuri on my watch list, though not now since that part of the spoilers kind of makes me on the fence whether it is worth it or not....

Anyway it's onto Winter 2017 now! Time to watch even more anime~

I have all of Gi(a)rlish Number downloaded... gotta watch it too, since the whole "this business is so fucked up" was quite amusing to watch.

About Yuri on Ice... I guess it depends on your love for a very special kind of sports and its character development centeredness. For me, it's definitely top 5 anime of 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Yuri on Ice sold 50k copies total so far. 

I think this is proof anime needs more gay ice skating anime. 

If only they were all as fabulous :nico:

Also, how Shoujo Senki wants to make sure we know the MC is fucked up and evil made me laugh quite a bit lel. Pretty solid first episode, though.

Spoiler

81ca7683d41bfbae23f39eaf4749b211.png

At first I thought it said "Saga of Tanya the Loli". Which isn't necessarily false :leecher:

Edited by Jun Inoue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×