Fall 2016 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Just now, Jun Inoue said:

But then people will want to go in, not stay out.

That's exactly my ambition. :holo:

But yeh, i hate that excuse "anime X is generic thus it's bad" nope, sorry, clichés, tropes, generic things are a part of storyline, doesn't mean you can't create a great show out of it.

Nah, Taboo Tattoo is just poorly animated and quite boring. 

I said especifically that the problem is a lack of innovation. Blockbusters were never affected by this, since they had large budgets, employed tried and tested professionals, and had attractive premises (and, above all, what they proposed was unique or never done).

This means the inferior, filler anime is almost always generic sample #1923124141 or even meme-fueled rides for the lulz like Nyaruko-chan. Maybe this is changing but I don't know. Judging by the anime sneak peek charts each season it's not. But hey, I was the man who dismissed Steins;Gate's plot as "ridiculous" in the corresponding chart. :D

:holo:

Well, that's a debate, it would be interesting to talk about it all day.

But i don't care, as a citizen of the occupied Thermidor, i won't stay low, we'll rise, and kick Germania out of our lands! All rally to Britannia! ALL HAIL BRITA...oh wait, wrong anime.

Winston Churchill, save us all! 

1 minute ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

That's exactly my ambition. :holo:

But yeh, i hate that excuse "anime X is generic thus it's bad" nope, sorry, clichés, tropes, generic things are a part of storyline, doesn't mean you can't create a great show out of it.

Nah, Taboo Tattoo is just poorly animated and quite boring. 

Well, didn't mean bad. Or try to imply bad. It was pretty much what I said. If you like mindless shonen, then go have your fun.

I remember Taboo Tattoo from its manga, and remember it being just regular. Standard idea, ok execution. I mean, I love Mahouka, but for the hell of me I very well know it's not too good, and a cheap power fantasy :wahaha:
But it's all damn entertaining.

2 minutes ago, Okarin said:

I said especifically that the problem is a lack of innovation. Blockbusters were never affected by this, since they had large budgets, employed tried and tested professionals, and had attractive premises (and, above all, what they proposed was unique or never done).

This means the inferior, filler anime is almost always generic sample #1923124141 or even meme-fueled rides for the lulz like Nyaruko-chan. Maybe this is changing but I don't know. Judging by the anime sneak peek charts each season it's not. But hey, I was the man who dismissed Steins;Gate's plot as "ridiculous" in the corresponding chart. :D

Ugh, Nyaruko-san. As a fan of Lovecraft, that monstrosity hurt me deeply.

We have quite a bunch of experimental stuff (have I said this before?), so I don't think you can really call "newer" anime flawed due to a lack of innovation. You might be missing them in the middle of the generic riffraff, though.

1 minute ago, Okarin said:

And yes, I would like to go inside Holo. :holo:

You can go inside my holo...deck.

It is actually a war anime, it'll prolly have a "romance" if by that you mean 3 minutes of fluff and a kiss at the end...like 99% of anime?

But yeh, it is a war anime, it's produced by Wargaming.Net. 

Also, the writter worked on many war anime, we have staff from Magi, adventure/war anime.

Also, you didn't looked at how historically accurate it was, actually? they even got the French map right, by cutting it in two : the German administration land and the Vichy Regime administration land, i can tell that even in historical documentaries they don't do that. 

Just now, Kurisu-Chan said:

It is actually a war anime, it'll prolly have a "romance" if by that you mean 3 minutes of fluff and a kiss at the end...like 99% of anime?

But yeh, it is a war anime, it's produced by Wargaming.Net. 

Will it have a kiss, though? Most anime chicken out at the very last moment.

But I would like a war, war anime. Like, not just as context. I have my fingers crossed for Izetta. I hope their yuri crap works as character development along the invasion by Germania, not instead of it. There's still hooooooooooooope.

Will it have a kiss, though? Most anime chicken out at the very last moment.

But I would like a war, war anime. Like, not just as context. I have my fingers crossed for Izetta. I hope their yuri crap works as character development along the invasion by Germania, not instead of it. There's still hooooooooooooope.

The guy wrote on war anime, it's clearely not just a context, i truly believe they are gonna beat the crap out of Germanya. :holo: 

For example.

Spoiler

You see, the nazi guy had a golden luger with the sentence "who dares wins" the british sas motto, people are speculating that the nazi is like a superspy or maybe he has a british friend and all. 

It's clearely aimed toward war, and not romance. 

4 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

For example.

Reveal hidden contents

You see, the nazi guy had a golden luger with the sentence "who dares wins" the british sas motto, people are speculating that the nazi is like a superspy or maybe he has a british friend and all. 

It's clearely aimed toward war, and not romance. 

Don't get my hopes up, or the betrayal will hurt more, if it ever comes!

I wonder if they'll use the Witch thingie kind of like in Valkyria Chronicles... although I doubt it, considering Izetta seems to be more about "we want love and peace" due to being the last witch and such.

Don't get my hopes up, or the betrayal will hurt more, if it ever comes!

I wonder if they'll use the Witch thingie kind of like in Valkyria Chronicles... although I doubt it, considering Izetta seems to be more about "we want love and peace" due to being the last witch and such.

Actually, they might go more for Darcsens thing.

Spoiler

The witch is clearely a Gypsy, and actually, the Gypsies shared the same fate as the slavic, the mentally ill and the jewish

I hope for.

But i don't get it, you really think Yuri = no plot possible? 

3 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Actually, they might go more for Darcsens thing.

Reveal hidden contents

The witch is clearely a Gypsy, and actually, the Gypsies shared the same fate as the slavic, the mentally ill and the jewish

I hope for.

But i don't get it, you really think Yuri = no plot possible? 

No, I think that some anime do it properly, while so, so many others don't. Yuri is hugely popular in its worst form: cheap fan-service pandering to horny males. So seeing a war setting, then realising it had a yuri thing going for it, almost gave me a heart attack.
Hence why I do all the "fingers crossed the yuri in Izetta will be tasteful and actual character development."

@OkarinIt kind of looks more serious than Sora no Woto, doesn't it? I mean, less slice of life, more "we are in the middle of WWII."