Symphonic Rain no Text

I had the same problem, and the files didn't work as well. However, that was abnormal, and the files should work out for you. Try them first if you didn't. Well, here's what worked for me: enter your start menu, search for "Run". now, click "run" and a small window should appear. input the command regedit to enter the registry windows. Well, click the "file" option when the registry windows appear, and click "find". write "locales" and it'll put you into a place with three files. If there are only 2 of them, click "new string value". You should also set all of the "Data" options to MOO.

Apart from running regadd.bat, you also have to install the included Essai font. If you're on windows 7 you just have to double click it, otherwise you might havet o drag it into your fonts folder or something similarly complex.

It's a pity SR is so hard to get running properly, lol.

Zaka's instructions are what you need to do. The regadd.bat points everything to the game folder ;(if you move the folder you need regadd.bat again)

Also need the font on the pc. So we added it in.

ps: Can someone update the troubleshooting section on this VN to add that Essai.ttf might also need to be run for font issues.

edit: nevermind, updated it myself

• 7 months later...

I'm sorry for the necro, but there wasn't an SR_qc.exe file in the folder. I've already added the Essai font and run the regadd.bat

I had the same problem, and the files didn't work as well. However, that was abnormal, and the files should work out for you. Try them first if you didn't. Well, here's what worked for me: enter your start menu, search for "Run". now, click "run" and a small window should appear. input the command regedit to enter the registry windows. Well, click the "file" option when the registry windows appear, and click "find". write "locales" and it'll put you into a place with three files. If there are only 2 of them, click "new string value". You should also set all of the "Data" options to MOO.

Is it a bad thing that there was only one file when I checked?

If you don't have SR_qc.exe in your folder, something went wrong with your download. you'll probably want to force a re-check on the torrent.

The correct look is something like this, actually

7llFt.png

Basically, the key needed has the path HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Borland/Locales. It has a name equal to the path to your SR_qc.exe (in my case, D:\Shinfonikku\SymphonicRain\SR_qc.exe because I like complicated, nonstandard filepaths apparently), and a value of MOO.

Also, make sure to not use "run as administrator" when running regadd.bat.

Well. That explains everything. Consider my problems largely dealt with then. It'll likely work when the download finishes. Thanks.

One last question. When you access the menu and exit it, the application will suddenly close. Is that a common problem or is it just me?

probably just you, though I'm not sure which menu you're talking about here.

The options menu.

It keeps giving me an error:

---------------------------

シンフォニック=レイン

C:\Users\Username\Desktop\[Fuwanovel] Symphonic Rain v3\SR.ini に書き込めません.

OK   

Google translate tells me that it cannot write to SR.ini

Edit: Nevermind. I fixed it. SR.ini was apparently set to read only.

Anyway. Thanks for the help.