Anyone know about this VN: for elise~エリーゼのために

Zalor

Does anyone know anything about this VN: for elise~エリーゼのために

Surprisingly even VNDB doesn't seem to have it listed. I found out about the game when I learned that the same company that made Sayonara wo Oshiete made this one. I'm mostly surprised by the lack of information available about it  

I read it.
It's pretty much the prototype to Sayonara wo Oshiete.

It's hard to recommend the game because it feels very unfinished. Literally 30 minutes after stuff begins to get interesting the game ends. The ending itself is a huge letdown. But to be honest, that doesn't matter much.
Everything before the last few minutes is simply perfect even though it seems like only a big prologue building up to something (which in the end will disappoint).
The depiction of the life of the protagonist, his rise to madness, his interaction with other people and the other people themselves are all written brilliantly. There are so many scenes which I can now, 3 years after I played the game, still remember clearly because they had such a big impact on me and are still haunting my subconscious. (I think it's even better than Sayonara wo Oshiete in that regard, but Sayonara is clearly the better, more refined game overall and features much more themes than just being socially retarded.)

A special mention deserves the fantastic soundtrack which nearly only consists of creepy arrangements of Beethoven's "für elise".

To sum it up; I recommend it to every fan of Sayonara wo Oshiete. You won't find a better, more realistic depiction of madness and social anxiety in any other eroge (the closest would probably be Sayonara). Just don't expect a "full game" or a satisfying conclusion.

23 hours ago, Tyrosyn said:

I read it.
It's pretty much the prototype to Sayonara wo Oshiete.

It's hard to recommend the game because it feels very unfinished. Literally 30 minutes after stuff begins to get interesting the game ends. The ending itself is a huge letdown. But to be honest, that doesn't matter much.
Everything before the last few minutes is simply perfect even though it seems like only a big prologue building up to something (which in the end will disappoint).
The depiction of the life of the protagonist, his rise to madness, his interaction with other people and the other people themselves are all written brilliantly. There are so many scenes which I can now, 3 years after I played the game, still remember clearly because they had such a big impact on me and are still haunting my subconscious. (I think it's even better than Sayonara wo Oshiete in that regard, but Sayonara is clearly the better, more refined game overall and features much more themes than just being socially retarded.)

A special mention deserves the fantastic soundtrack which nearly only consists of creepy arrangements of Beethoven's "für elise".

To sum it up; I recommend it to every fan of Sayonara wo Oshiete. You won't find a better, more realistic depiction of madness and social anxiety in any other eroge (the closest would probably be Sayonara). Just don't expect a "full game" or a satisfying conclusion.

If it's about madness and actually does a good job of presenting that theme, then I can forgive it for a less than satisfying ending. Thanks for all the info. This VN is definitely now on my list of "VNs I'm interested enough to actually play", as opposed to my other much larger list of "VNs that sound somewhat interesting but not worth my time". ;p Anyway, thanks again :wafuu: