Figure Collector

Never really saw the appeal in figures.

Then my friend was all, "Hey look.  I'm getting this for Christmas."

Totally wanna buy tons of them now.

I settled on this one for my Christmas gift.

Oh gosh probably should've reduced the resolution but oh well.

i127Gza.jpg

The first of (hopefully) many.

I really like it, though the hair feels a little too light.

And unfortunately, it doesn't fit the pegs on the stand.  Stood it up haphazardly to take the picture.  Wobbled if I so much as touched any of the shelves.  In the box until I get around to having someone else fix it for me.

I'm really tempted to get the swimsuit Mao coming out soon.

Oh my god. So many amazing figures and nendoroids >O<! I have a few, but they're really... Well, not nice, because there aren't many stores with japanese/otaku goods over here. I haven't been able to buy online, mostly because of money and because I don't know from where to buy (there's J-List, HobbyJapan, etc), and I don't know how many days would take, or the shipping costs (as I live in south america). 
I must say, I'm really impressed and motivated from those figures and collections you guys have shown!

Oh my god. So many amazing figures and nendoroids >O<! I have a few, but they're really... Well, not nice, because there aren't many stores with japanese/otaku goods over here. I haven't been able to buy online, mostly because of money and because I don't know from where to buy (there's J-List, HobbyJapan, etc), and I don't know how many days would take, or the shipping costs (as I live in south america). 

I must say, I'm really impressed and motivated from those figures and collections you guys have shown!

I got my most recent figure from http://www.amiami.com/. I would highly recommend them for their fair pricing (for both shipping and figures) and good packaging. 

I actually am in the process of moving to a new condo, and that included the transportation of my figure collection. Only 28-strong, but I like keeping things in good condition so it's quite nerve-wracking :-P.

If it's something I'm a fan of, I usually try to get a figure from it - usually only one. SAO and Muv-Luv are the notable exceptions.

• 2 weeks later...

So freaking jelly of the Senjougahara figure T.T

Both of them for 2500 Yen is such a good deal.

Yeah, Mandarake has some amazing prices sometimes.  I mostly wanted the Senjougahara since I saw a super sexy picture of it on MFC, but Hachikuji is very cute as well.  Can't wait for June to get Ryuuko.  Next one I want right now though is a Misaka Mikoto, but I can't find one that I like at a decent price, so for now I just keep checking Manda daily in case a good one pops up for cheap.  Seems I kinda caught the figure bug since I got that Rikka. >_>;;

Yeah, Mandarake has some amazing prices sometimes.  I mostly wanted the Senjougahara since I saw a super sexy picture of it on MFC, but Hachikuji is very cute as well.  Can't wait for June to get Ryuuko.  Next one I want right now though is a Misaka Mikoto, but I can't find one that I like at a decent price, so for now I just keep checking Manda daily in case a good one pops up for cheap.  Seems I kinda caught the figure bug since I got that Rikka. >_>;;

I took a look at your collection, and it is so cool ;A; I wish I could get my hands on figures like that T3T

I took a look at your collection, and it is so cool ;A; I wish I could get my hands on figures like that T3T

Thank you! ^_^  I only got into figure collecting more recently.  Part of the reason I guess is that I was kind of ashamed of my hobby(anime/manga) in the past, but as I grew older I just stopped caring about the haters.  For many years I only had the Asuka and the Valkyrie Profile figures.  Then, when I started getting into online shopping and saw the Estelle Bright Nendoroid, I thought I could get "just this one", and here I am now lol.  I'm trying to pace myself though so I don't end up broke, I'll probably stop for a while after I find a Misaka that I want.

• 2 weeks later...

After struggling for a while to find a Misaka Mikoto figure that I really wanted, I finaly settled on pre-ordering this cutie from AmiAmi :

FIGURE-003996.jpg

The various faces, poses and accessories look very cute, and the articulations themselves look fun.  I like it a lot more than the Nendo version.  Comes out the same month as Matoi Ryuko I think, so that's gonna be it for a while after that.

After struggling for a while to find a Misaka Mikoto figure that I really wanted, I finaly settled on pre-ordering this cutie from AmiAmi :

The various faces, poses and accessories look very cute, and the articulations themselves look fun.  I like it a lot more than the Nendo version.  Comes out the same month as Matoi Ryuko I think, so that's gonna be it for a while after that.

How cute ;A; I see that AmiAmi seems to be the most praised web to buy figures, I guess I'll make it my first choice when I get a new job and begin to buy my figures TuT

This Kirigiri figure just had its color pictures released. It looks really cool from the front but her face looks really odd from any other angel, so i'm not sure whether I should get it or not.

Do you know how to tweak it or know someone who does? It looks pretty amazing, I would even venture into trying to tweak it myself if I wanted to buy it >_< (but I have the feeling that I would ruin it anyway T-T)

Do you know how to tweak it or know someone who does? It looks pretty amazing, I would even venture into trying to tweak it myself if I wanted to buy it >_< (but I have the feeling that I would ruin it anyway T-T)

I have no idea about tweaking. I'd be way too worried about messing it up >.<

I've got a decent amount of figures, mostly Robot Damashiis and Figmas.

1t44.jpg

this Eva Unit 01 Damashii was the first anime figure I every bought.  Also, the Tamashii stands fucking suck.

ah41.jpg

ifsn.jpg

5br8.jpg

o7kk.jpg

pdp0.jpg

The Chogokin Saber, her armor is made of metal!

njh1.jpg

Homura and Inori, Homura being the first figma I ever bought, and is still the most I've paid for a figure.

wdmo.jpg

And my most recent acquisition, Fate Testarossa Harlaown in her Blaze form.

I have no idea about tweaking. I'd be way too worried about messing it up >.<

Yeah, I would worry about that too ;u; I know that there are people that fix their figures by themselves, and there are tutorials and the like, but it's still scary xD

I've got a decent amount of figures, mostly Robot Damashiis and Figmas.

this Eva Unit 01 Damashii was the first anime figure I every bought.  Also, the Tamashii stands fucking suck.

The Chogokin Saber, her armor is made of metal!

Homura and Inori, Homura being the first figma I ever bought, and is still the most I've paid for a figure.

And my most recent acquisition, Fate Testarossa Harlaown in her Blaze form.

Such an awesome collection >o<!