Umineko When They Cry - Question Arcs

4x the pixels, yes. 4x the resolution, no. Way to be an ass, though, for no reason. 

Not being an ass. Pixels is resolution.

The reason you see an x in the resolution is because it's supposed to be multiplied. But showing the dimensions instead of area is more useful information to most people.

If you run the game at 480p and someone else runs it at 960p, how is that not 4X the resolution? The person running it at 960p will see an image 4X bigger than the 480p image assuming they both have the same size monitor running the same desktop resolution (i.e. the same ppi). And 1080p (FHD) is 4X the resolution of the PS Vita's 540p. And also, 4K (3840x2160) is 4X the resolution of 1080p (1920x1080). Find me someone who says otherwise.

Just do a google image search for images of both resolutions and you'll see for yourself.

No one considers resolution as a single dimension. That is why both dimensions are labeled in the resolution. If you were doubling only one dimension, then you'd get double the resolution. If you are doubling both, you are getting 4X the resolution.

Just answer this question, is a square that is 2 inches x 2 inches four times bigger than a square that is 1 inch x 1 inch, or is that square only twice as big?

Resolution refers to the size of an image measured in pixels. In other words, it's the area of a rectangle.

You brought this on when you questioned my math and said it was definitely not 4X. Correcting your correction of me is not being an ass. Being an ass would be making a personal attack on you, which I did not do. You calling me an ass on the other hand...