Tenshin Ranman Lucky or Unlucky question

Novel21

With SP it's never easy to say what they will end up doing. They speak in code whenever people ask about it. (Something that irritates me so much, I want to throw rocks at them.) 

Anyways, if you want to go voice your opinion, the thread on this particular game can be found here on SP's own forum: https://forums.sekaiproject.com/forum/general-discussions/407-18-tenshin-ranman

Basically, if you want an 18+ release, tell them.

7 minutes ago, Codesterz said:

I'm fairly certain even if those topics reached 1000+ supporters Sukai would still ignore them. But them getting 1000 members is just as unlikely :makina:

This is the problem with Sekai Project's state of mind when it comes to 18+ releases. The fans have to scream in their faces in order to get the full release of games, and even if they do, it wont necessarily be enough.

Just look at how they are handling the Grisaia triology. They will be releasing 18+ versions, but it's being done months after the censored game comes out. Not that many people will bother buying both versions, and people also hate waiting, which means many fans will just give in and buy the all ages version.

This then creates a warped image of what their fans wants.

People obviously want the original game, and even if there are people who doesn't want to play the 18+ content, they can just skip it. There really is no justification for an all ages release of eroge beyond SP wanting to earn more money. (It sucks, but censored steam games sells.)

Their silly threads asking "do you want an 18+ release?" is more of a taunt than anything else.

Luckily Mangagamer is a thing.

happens fairly often that vita-versions or those from other consoles receive some additional content to make up for the lost ero and since steam is their primary selling-ground the practis of doing allages (first) is nothing to wonder about

2 minutes ago, XReaper said:

happens fairly often that vita-versions or those from other consoles receive some additional content to make up for the lost ero and since steam is their primary selling-ground the practis of doing allages (first) is nothing to wonder about

Someone should translated the 18+ parts of the VN so they can release the patch the same day as the all ages version. The catch will be that the patch is incompatible with the steam version :wahaha:

1 minute ago, Novel21 said:

hehehe Yes I'm Tsundere Codesterz

I approve :sacchan:

2 minutes ago, Codesterz said:

Someone should translated the 18+ parts of the VN so they can release the patch the same day as the all ages version. The catch will be that the patch is incompatible with the steam version :wahaha:

This game already had an 18+ patch, which was removed once SP announced that they are working on it. The patch is now gone. 

1 minute ago, Novel21 said:

Do you like Tsundere Codesterz?

In general I dislike them, but sometimes you just end up loving them. Taiga from Toradora is one of my favorites.

2 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

This game already had an 18+ patch, which was removed once SP announced that they are working on it. The patch is now gone. 

I'm guessing the patch was never actually released else it would be lying around on the internet somewhere.

35 minutes ago, Codesterz said:

I'm guessing the patch was never actually released else it would be lying around on the internet somewhere.

It had been out for a while. 

I'm sure you can find it if you dig a bit, but it's gone from the actual translation page, as well as VNDB. 

EDIT: Apperantly that's not quite right. I noticed now that the VNDB link also said "partial", not complete.

17 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

It had been out for a while. 

I'm sure you can find it if you dig a bit, but it's gone from the actual translation page, as well as VNDB. 

there never was a complete 18+ patch & the group + their progress went straight into oblivion the same day craneanime´s forum dissappeared for various reasons. must be noted though that they didnt mention anything regarding a possible c&d or cooperating with sekai on bringing the adult stuff over, actually they denied that possibility. no idea what actually happened there, might be still ongoing but who knows

2 minutes ago, XReaper said:

there never been a complete 18+ patch & the group + their progress went straight into oblivion the same day craneanime´s forum dissappeared for various reasons. must be noted though that they didnt mention anything regarding a possible c&d or cooperating with sekai on bringing the adult stuff over. no idea what actually happened there, might be still ongoing but who knows

I used to stop by the site semi commonly to check on the status of Tenshin Ranman and 1 other VN don't remember what it was. They had said they would continue to work on Tenshin Ranman as they were translating Tenshin Ranman Lucky or Unlucky and Sukai was doing Tenshin Ranman Happy Go Lucky. Then one day the site had disappeared out of nowhere and I never found out why. I hope it is still being worked on out of sight, but that is most likely wishful thinking on my part.

there are plans for rebooting the forums, but it´s taking their sweet time. guess the main issue were all those spambots turning the whole thing into one cancerous pile of mess. as for the project itself, yeah they´d got themselves some new staff-members and things were apparently going well, but then poof.

10 minutes ago, XReaper said:

there are plans for rebooting the forums, but it´s taking their sweet time. guess the main issue were all those spambots turning the whole thing into one cancerous pile of mess. as for the project itself, yeah they´d got themselves some new staff-members and things were apparently going well, but then poof.

It'd be nice to see them up again. I finally figured out the other VN that was being worked on their. It was Your Diary. They had mentioned Your Diary + H getting released and potentially porting their current translations to that.

Whether or not a VN gets an 18+ release is up to the Japanese publisher. The only VN they've published with an 18+ version that didn't get an 18+ release was G-Senjou and that was due to the Japanese publisher not wanting it. Dovac has since mused about asking again now that they okayed an 18+ version of Sharin no Kuni. They actually do want to release 18+ versions of all their stuff so they can cash in on everyone who prefers them.

SP has pretty much stopped talking "in code" about 18+ releases like Dergonu said they do, and are pretty direct about things. It sounds like they are going to announce multiple 18+ versions of their upcoming games at AX. If they say something wishy-washy about a release, then you should actually take that at face value. For Tenshin Ranman specifically, it sounds like they just might not know, yet.

Ultimately, they can't talk much about deals still in progress. The big difference about SP from the other companies is that they don't always immediately negotiate for 18+ versions. It seems like they just try to cement whatever deal they can first and then negotiate for 18+ after, if it was left out. Whereas for MG and JAST, 18+ seems to remain a deal breaker for all games that have that. This flexibility has been pretty successful for SP so far, and Steam is way bigger than the 18+ market, so I can't blame them for that.

I find that type of methodology to be a bit disappointing. Considering the sheer number of VNs out there available to translate I'd prefer them to be more strict about 18+ releases. Pretty much a "well if you don't want the extra money because of the 18+ content we'll go to these guys instead and translate their VNs. Your loss". They recently picked up Maitetsu and I fear I'll never get to read it, because they picked it up. I'd much rather hope for a fan translator or one of the other localization companies to pick it.