Need Script Extraction to Bring an Amazing Yuri Game to English readers

Hey folks, ClaymoreSmiley here.

Recently I went through a big change of life philosophy which ended up freeing up a lot more time in my day-to-day, which will allow me to get back to something I am really passionate about which is translating Japanese stuff. While I intend to probably stick with Light Novels for the most part, since they are (relative to other things) easy to do solo, I do have one VN that I have been dying to work on ever since it came out.

Hakuisei Renai Shoukougun (White Robe Love Syndrome) RE:Therapy is a PC VN released by Kogado about yuri nurses. It was one of the best-rated and best-selling PSP VNs and enjoys very high reviews from Japanese fans as a PC port as well. It has been praised for the realism of the medical aspects of the plot, which were mainly provided by an actual nurse who knew what she was talking about. Slathered on top of the gritty, realistic medical drama is a very fluffy and enjoyable yuri romance with Kogado's signature art style and decent music to boot.

And I want to translate it.

Unlike many other VNs that are difficult to translate due to obscure puns or insanely complicated prose, this VN is accessible to anyone who would spend the time to look up all the medical terms, which I am since this subject deeply interests me and I love medical dramas. I am prepared to put in the extra time to make sure my translation retains the medical accuracy of the original. Alone or with help I will translate this game.

But, while I can work on the translation by myself, what I can't do is extract the script. Without the script extracted I really can't do much of anything at all. I realize there are alternative means to script translation available these days, but I want to release this game in a format that people can play for themselves. The yuri community -needs- more love from the VN translators, and this game would be a real beacon they could gather around.

So please contact me if you're interested. Due to its popularity this game is not hard to find. Together let's get this script extracted and start bringing a new classic yuri masterpiece out for the community to enjoy. They deserve a little love.

Never mind. Should have done some research first. There is already a translation project for it opened with all the script available through Yuri Project. Looks like it hasn't been touched in a year or so so I should have it mostly to myself if I pick it up there.

Thanks for the offer anyway.

http://wiki.yuriproject.net/white_robe_love_syndrome

There's the site of the project. I'm just going to translate it following the order that the scripts are listed there. So far today I've completed the next script in order which was 537 lines. However, the lines in this game are significantly shorter than lots of other VNs, so even though Shirokoi has a sizeable line count I think it should go pretty fast. For comparison, when I was translating Haruka's route in Little Busters 500 lines would have taken me 5-6 hours probably across 2 days since I would burn out if I tried to do them all at once. Shirokoi's translation is much more smooth and rapid, though I'm sure it'll start slowing down a little once I get into the meat of the medical terminology.

Spread the word and support the project!

http://wiki.yuriproj...e_love_syndrome

There's the site of the project. I'm just going to translate it following the order that the scripts are listed there. So far today I've completed the next script in order which was 537 lines. However, the lines in this game are significantly shorter than lots of other VNs, so even though Shirokoi has a sizeable line count I think it should go pretty fast. For comparison, when I was translating Haruka's route in Little Busters 500 lines would have taken me 5-6 hours probably across 2 days since I would burn out if I tried to do them all at once. Shirokoi's translation is much more smooth and rapid, though I'm sure it'll start slowing down a little once I get into the meat of the medical terminology.

Spread the word and support the project!

Just wanted to drop by to say... awesome username :D

Hey i think i've seen you somewhere on VNTL you say you will busy with the real world i think that its 2 or 3 month ago am i wrong?

Well that's great you back and working on this project :lol:/>

Yeah basically I looked at my life and said 'I'm wasting a lot of time doing worthless things, I should stop doing those and do important things instead.' So I swore off video games forever, sold my PS3 & PSP and have now dedicated all the time I would have been playing video games to either reading Japanese VNs/LNs or translating them.

Huzzah!

a big change of life philosophy

kind of like me

, sold my PS3 & PSP and have now dedicated all the time I would have been playing video games to either reading Japanese VNs/LNs or translating them.

ok. you are still my master

Hakuisei Renai Shoukougun (White Robe Love Syndrome) RE:Therapy

i havent finished reading the psp game yet, but it's really good.

i wonder if, since this is the sequel, does it require good understanding of what happened in the first game to understand the 2nd?

i havent finished reading the psp game yet, but it's really good.

i wonder if, since this is the sequel, does it require good understanding of what happened in the first game to understand the 2nd?

Actually Re:Therapy wasn't a sequel, just an expansion that added more scenes, an 'after story' scenario and a new character. It was also the only one ported to PC so that's the one I'm translating.