Yandere not working need help!

Guest Aaeru

It says

"error has occured"

"File: first.ks line:43"

"Tag: unknown <-- tags before & after the error tags showed"

"cannot open /c/documents......./game20"

:o/> What a long path! It's over 128 characters which might be an internal limit in the engine.

Move it up a few directories to a shorter one.

That is most likely the correct answer, KRKR2 engine it looks like since .ks file... So I do agree it is probably the path name being too long.

(the guy got it working by downloading another copy)

Likely with a shorter name, and thus forming a shorter path that was below the engine's limit.

FYI Windows has an internal path length limit of 260 - there are tricks programs can use to get up to 32K but in general you should be keeping things below 260 (and even 128 might prove to be problematic for some VN engines...)

• 1 month later...

I literally just created an account to help anyone in here, my fix: went in and changed EVERYTHING from read only to well, not read, just untick the boxes worked great, tho incase my download had a problem i had already downloaded the data.xp3 listed at the bottom of this page https://fuwanovel.net/novels/97 and i deleted the saves, and open and worked!

I literally just created an account to help anyone in here, my fix: went in and changed EVERYTHING from read only to well, not read, just untick the boxes worked great, tho incase my download had a problem i had already downloaded the data.xp3 listed at the bottom of this page https://fuwanovel.net/novels/97 and i deleted the saves, and open and worked!

Thank you for taking the time to reply ;)

The read only thing was mentioned above. But I'll see about adding it to the novel page. Since you made an effort

Thank you again :D

• 1 month later...

Hmm, you say you changed your location to japan... but did you set your locale? The reason I say this is because the error message is all question marks and garbled text is appearing in the blue textbox. If you haven't already, follow the instructions here (I believe you also have to reboot the computer afterwards, though I'm pretty sure windows tells you that anyway).

• 2 years later...
  • 7 years later...