How to liven up the chatter?

Guest Aaeru

Was wondering if anyone interested in livening up the chatter on these forums? it seems to be a bit more quiet than last month i think

i have no idea how to implement a reward system like otome hearts does it. (and i wasn't sure if that was the correct direction to go )

maybe... make it a challenge to think of one new topic every week and post it in any of the sections.

if anything, if a coder could find a way to scrape the last few replies in the most popular topics and print them on the main site ( say here), that would be interesting i think

Well, some good topics die off due to no one replying at the topic and it getting slowly buried to the other page. Since barely anyone will bother, to go to the other page to check topics with no replies for months. Unless it's pinned though. ^_^

Hm, I doesn't seem that quiet to me, there is always some discussion and I can barely read it all in a day xD Didn't even find time to read any of the fuwan fan fiction so far.

I guess last months were more alive as there were lot of controversies that turn into big idea dumps (the kickstarter, the moenovel fail, some other before).

There actually needs to be some news for us to discuss them, the ones that has been in the last weeks were mostly about the same people, moenovel still failing, aroduc still making weird decisions etc.

When better news come, I am sure there will be plenty of discussion xD Something positive like new key game (even though I still haven't finished the last one xD) that starts as 18+ would be awesome and it would bring lot of discussion. Or new favorite game :)

Or when some of the TLs is done, grisaia should come soon so that will probably bring some discussion, I will definitely play at least 1 of the routes (imouto :P).

If all that is new are japanese releases of companies that have no translated VN before, there is nothing for us english readers to discuss as we can't read it.

I think the last thing this forum needs is more useless snowpoke style threads so making challenge to make a topic just for the sake of there being a new topic would bring nothing good imo.

The community has been so far growing naturally and I've been observing it from the beginning. So again if it was up to me I would leave it grow naturally, not worrying about SEO and stuff like that as it is not worth it that much for non-commercial websites.

I was told to stop posting random stuff, so I did.

Post what you want to post. If it's spam, it will be handled on a case by case bases.

No one should feel that they can't post what they want to post. That is not how a forum should be run.

Again, everyone should feel free to post what ever they want, as long as it's within the few common sense guidelines. If members have felt that they can't post things they want to post, then we really need to look at what is going on with us as a moderating team.

There's also the fact that the IRC seems to have become much more alive than before, and part of the random chatting was taken there.

Can't really force people to post stuff. I don't know, making threads for the popular VNs that don't yet have one to start discussion about them?

Post what you want to post. If it's spam, it will be handled on a case by case bases.

No one should feel that they can't post what they want to post. That is not how a forum should be run.

Again, everyone should feel free to post what ever they want, as long as it's within the few common sense guidelines. If members have felt that they can't post things they want to post, then we really need to look at what is going on with us as a moderating team.

well depends on what he means by random. If he wants to say what he had for dinner for no particular reason (or good reason like for example that he for the first time tried to make some Japanese dish and wants to ask for advices for other ones), it might be better to just say it on irc or TS chat so it disappears after a while (scrolls up).

Topic on forum should be something other users might want to read and contribute to even day or 2 after so even having topic like "hey snowpoke how are you doing right now" would not be very good and would probably get deleted.

If by random he means like "Hey I just found this good VN/anime/game/whatever, what do you others think about it?" then sure, that is something that will require a static discussion where you can read the opinions of others and respond to them even of you read it a day later.

edit for topi: I can as well start posting more lolis xD But well I rather post them on TS anyway (even though they are not bad for forum topic too as they are something people want to see even years back xD, I might add some new pieces to the loli topic xD)

42831.jpg

I like you too, Upload King. And I'm not trying to discourage posting. I just don't want this to become a picture posting thread when we already have a few of those specifically for picture posting.

But reviving those image threads will lead to more activity, as well as reviving a few of the older games (perhaps I'll start a new sentence game since the old one got murdered in murder.)