Tales of Symphonia Steam question

Novel21

Don't play it for now, wait for further Durante improvements or wait for Namco to fix this shit. In the meantime you can read pretty good article mentioning the port.

I think they hired one guy to port this shit, he wasn't that competent, or they probably did pay him shit, considering 100% of Zestiria pre-orders get the game for free. Maybe both.

I heard Namco USA taken care of porting Symphonia, while Zestiria was done by Namco EU, they supposedly hired QLOC to do the work.

Sorry for multiple usage of the word "shit" I believe people should call things by their names.

4 hours ago, DarkZedge said:

Is Symphonia a sequel or prequel to Zestiria? i think so but i just wanted to be sure

It does have the same universe, but the storyline is entirely diffferent. And what Maxel said.

Novel, if the game supports D-Input then I think it does work with a PS3 controller (the button mappings are correct, etc etc), if it doesn't, you can use X360CE if you want the game to detect your controller as an XBOX controller.

From what I've heard, Symphonia on the PC isn't that great due to bugs.

If you want to use the PS3 controller on the PC, there are two options.

1) Use DS3/Motioninjoy tool.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/45610/how-to-use-your-ps-3-controllers-as-a-joystick-for-your-windows-pc/

2) Install the controller to the PC without using DS3 Tool.

I prefer the second option since I usually have problems using DS3 Tool. You also don't have to open the program every time you want to use the PS3 controller as well.

If I was gay I would definitely... Anyway, here's the second day, I mean another hour of Durante fixing Symphonia:

Original:

ss_4945ab3fea1debf5fd9a7c9f3149e5fae1698

Durante (first 30~~ minutes of fixing) Screen is 1080p, 4k is available:

screenshot_2016-02-02x3ucz.png

Durante (second day, another 10-20 minutes of fixing):

comp1edkkt.png

Can't wait for the third day xD

Day 3 xD (Fixed black character outlines)

screenshot_2016-02-04thocf.jpg

His post from couple hours ago:

People are also asking about framerate unlocks, and that would be – if at all possible – a lot more work even in the best circumstances. With the game’s silly DRM, it’s even more annoying, and not a task I want to undertake.

I always liked DRMs.

I think the game is playable, but I don't think people should buy it, so they can play with mods, and I don't like idea of Namco taking the money for it. The game should be put off-sales fo coupel weeks, till they fix whole shit with resolution/fps/drm/languages/videos/stuttering etc.

I got the game for free for pre-ordering zesteria...if they think most of their game sales came from that we might not see a fix for along while...it could also be why it was released before optimized properly. So help me if Tales of Berseria is as bad as this...