Just finished Clannad and wanted to talk about it

akaritan

Wow, After Story was quite the ride. I'm really glad that I sat through the first part and didn't drop it. A lot of the routes felt tacked on, and felt very dull to me for the most part. I kind of think that it would do a bit better without so many, but I digress. After Story didn't affect me as much as it did other people, but there was a lot that I loved about it anyway, particularly how it showed the passage of time. It felt like I was watching the town change with Nagisa and Tomoya, and it was easy for me to empathize with them.

Thank you for reading my ramble. :sachi: On a side note, should I read Rose Guns Days, or the Cartagra/KnS series next?

RGD is already finished, so you should read it first. It is a great novel, with incredible and unforgetable characters [most of them]. I even cried sometimes.

Cartagra ~ KNS is also great, but the third episode wasn't even made yet in japan, so you'll have an unfinished novel until they do.

i just finished it 2 days ago, and i mostly agree, except after story hit me a lot harder.

i lost count at how many times i burst into tears in the last 6 hours or so, and the ending gave me the most emotional moment i have ever had. ever.

i was already familiar enough with key magic that it didn't bother me.

i actually decided that i would read a basic explanation of what happens in the true ending before actually reading it, and i'm glad that i did.

it prevented me from getting confused (like with kanon and air), which would otherwise spoil an emotional, meaningful ending.

the only route in the school part i truly appreciated was kotomi 

i wonder though, should i still watch the anime?

Yes, more tears for the Clannad Tear Bucket Fund.

Seriously though, glad you enjoyed it. xD It's kind of my favorite thing ever, so when people say they like it I always get a little feeling of happiness. ^_^

For sure. I mean like, it does cut out some of the fat, but that is entirely fine in my opinion (heresy, some might say, but I digress). If you want to get emotionally wrecked all over again, I can only recommend it more and more. It is a very well done adaptation and takes the best of Clannad and does well with it. Nothing like having certain scenes animated to bring a whole new level of crying to the floor. :wahaha: 

Edit: Oh yeah, and Fuuko best grill. :D 

Edited by LinovaA

Yukine best girl!!!!

Uhh...  I mean... Nice to hear you liked it as a whole.

No

Fuko best girl

Yukine's pretty dang cute too, though. If Fuko and Yukine joined forces they would take over the world with their cuteness!

i actually decided that i would read a basic explanation of what happens in the true ending before actually reading it, and i'm glad that i did.

it prevented me from getting confused (like with kanon and air), which would otherwise spoil an emotional, meaningful ending.

the only route in the school part i truly appreciated was kotomi 

I didn't do that and was a bit confused, but I got it after mulling over it a bit. I agree with you on Kotomi, most of the school routes downright bored me most of the time, but I liked hers a lot. It was actually pretty emotional, and I ended up liking Kotomi way more than I had expected to by the time I was done with her route.

Yes, more tears for the Clannad Tear Bucket Fund.

Seriously though, glad you enjoyed it. xD It's kind of my favorite thing ever, so when people say they like it I always get a little feeling of happiness. ^_^

For sure. I mean like, it does cut out some of the fat, but that is entirely fine in my opinion (heresy, some might say, but I digress). If you want to get emotionally wrecked all over again, I can only recommend it more and more. It is a very well done adaptation and takes the best of Clannad and does well with it. Nothing like having certain scenes animated to bring a whole new level of crying to the floor. :wahaha: 

Edit: Oh yeah, and Fuuko best grill. :D 

I might end up watching after story sometime, in that case. And yes, Fuko is best grill.