null

Shimo

Hello there. I'm Shimo, also known as "Hatsushimo" or "Makudomi" on other sites. I've been a fan of VNs for a long time and in September began a project of my own, a decision which has led me to a richer appreciation for the writing medium on whole.

Wow, that's really cool. It's pretty cool when steps you take turn out to be rewarding ones.

I can also attest to having gotten interested in 'story writing/structure' from VN's, to try and answer the question: "What are VN's? What the heck is this medium I like so much?". It doesn't exactly work to write a text story modeled after VN's, since they also got graphics (creates/demands a scene in of itself), audio (creates the atmosphere instantly), and voice acting working for them. But at the core, if not presentation, the storytelling and characters are shared between VN's and novels, which makes writing the latter perfectly good enough for me. But there are some areas where it might be hard to match the experience of a VN's.

I'm wondering, what do you like about VN's? Did you have the idea of wanting to make a VN from the get go, or did you feel the story you come up with was made to be presented as VN?

Good luck on your project. Hope it keeps going well for your project, looking forward to the demo. Welcome to Fuwa, btw!

Edited by Chronopolis

Hii, welcome!

If you don't mind me asking in this thread...would it be advisable/appropriate to make a post in the Creative Corner with the hopes of having it moved to Original VN Projects, or should we wait until the team has gotten a playable product together instead?

Go ahead, you don't need to wait until you have a playable product just to have your thread ^_^

@Monmon Haha, thank you for the hardy welcome(, ya' whippersnapper). Don't be afraid to let other admirals around here know that I'm happy to help with any and all KC-related questions.

I just checked ur Project and Somehow the name Maria Ana Gonzales really crack me up :wahaha:. Cant wait for that Tsuntsun blonde though and good luck with the project senpai.

Uhm, so i just googled what Whippersnapper is..do i really presumptuous in your eyes? at first i thought it was some kind of snapper, u know the fish.And i think Kancolle is not that famous here and as u know the thread is dead and most of them just spamming kanmusu pics.

• Shimo changed the title to null