[CLOSED] The Final Editon of Official Fuwa Anime Club: Revamp Cycle and Fall Seasonal Cycle

Zebhra

Ded.  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Rest in ....

• ..pantsu.
    • ..pasta.
    • ..peperoni.
    • ..peropero.

This poll is closed to new votes

My anime scheduling has failed miserably, I don't think I've properly watched anything in a month. (Except Owarimonogatari)

I'm still at Ep. 4 in Perfect Insider, so I think I'll just marathon it when the final episode airs. I really liked the beginning, I wonder how the rest the show goes.

I also watched the first few episodes of Karin, but I haven't really formed an opinion yet as they were pretty weird. 

Finished Karin.

Story: 9/10

The story in the beginning was... okay. It was your typical rom-com kind of story, girl meets boy, girl gets nosebleed, boy ends up keeping the nosebleed a secret... OK so maybe it wasn't normal, but it was nice. Then near the end, it was action-packed and drama filled. I thought this was gonna be a funny romantic comedy with no substantial drama, yet it turned out it was beautifully crafted. And the ending... was a joke... and that's why I loved it. It didn't want to become that serious, killing it's characters. The ending suited it perfectly. A happy ending for all.

Characters: 9/10

The characters were well developed, and made me like every one of them. Especially Maki, I was personally rooting for her to confess to Winner.

Soundtrack: 9/10

The soundtrack is actually quite diverse for a rom-com, which worked well in it's favor.

Art: 9/10

The art was very nice and colorful for a 2006 anime.

Enjoyment: 9/10

Overall: 9/10

This was as good of an anime as I was expecting. A great romantic comedy to add to my completed list.

Especially Maki, I was personally rooting for her to confess to Winner.

Oh, but she did..... and got rejected(last or second to last episode) thats why he stopped calling her "miss Karin's friend", still i ship her with Winner too

:sachi:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I know she did, I'm just saying I was rooting for her to hook up with Winner. Unfortunately it didn't go as I wanted, but to me, that means it's a good story. Where not everything ends up being a happy ending.

Speaking of secondary couples, I tend to like them and ship them a lot more than the main couple. Secondary couples are more interesting to me most of the time.

Okay, i just watched the final episode of Perfect insider and

they fucked it up :makina:

first 6 episodes was really good and the idea of a birth inside the room was quite good too, but the finaly, the outcome, and the mistery is all bs and i didnt liked it, such a wasted opportunity :sachi:

Oh...and i accidently watched 9 episodes of Yosakura Quartet :makina: and can officially say...

They all so stupid

:sachi:
Edited by Zebhra

Marathoned Perfect Insider last night. It was just my kind of show, I enjoyed it a whole lot.

Strongest part of Perfect Insider was definitely the characters. The mystery was just a setting for the character interactions, not ultimately very important. I can imagine that people who were expecting a good murder mystery would be pretty upset, but I personally didn't mind. 

I just can't help but find philosophical conversations super fascinating and Perfect Insider really delivered on that front. Two misunderstood geniuses in form of Saikawa and Magata makes already very intriguing combination, and when you add Nishinosono, the "straight man" of the show, who's also very prone to get carried away with discussions on top of that, you'll have some amazing conversations.

The mystery itself was... I'm not sure how I felt about that. The ideas behind it were pretty interesting, but the execution wasn't the best. They left too many things open, like what really happened between Magata and her daughter, and I would have liked more insight on Magata's motives and thoughts.   

Despite all the shortcomings, I really liked Perfect Insider. Mostly for the excellent characters and conversation, but also for visuals and direction. 

Then some misc. thoughts

F being hexadecimal was pretty clear from very early on, thanks to 999 & VLR, but that still didn't help me to grasp the truth earlier.

The conversation in English at episode 7 was really impressive. I really appreciated the scene as I'm not a native English speaker. No matter how good you are at a foreign language, pronunciation and especially portraying your feelings is pretty hard, and the scene captured that perfectly. 

To tell the truth, the "phlisophy" part in thisone is also kinda weak, the questions "who are you? where did you come from? where are you going?" and the answers Magata found for herself (i am a victim, i didn't asked to be born, i want someone to kill me) is an utter bs, i am pretty sure she was suicidal all that time, the incident with her father most likely was her plan to get killed, she even tried to make her daughter to kill her and when she refused, Magato applied her suicidla logic on her too. This thing is not even conviencing enough to justify her deeds, she is just a psycho who refused to live like a human and thinks death is a solution.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2016 at 8:21 AM, Turnip Sensei said:

Does anyone have any ideas about what's good this season, because I haven't the slightest? There's not even anything that looks super interesting on the first glace.

Also as I can't use the poll without voting in all categories, so I'll just say that my vote goes to Seinen.

I still need to think about a little what we could do for Anime club, but I think that doing some sort of recruitment post/topic wouldn't be a bad idea. To get some attention and to explain it to those how might not realize what the Anime Club is.  

Thankfully this post had been saved and I'm quoting a post that never existed in this timeline.

I usually just bookmark anything that looks even a small bit interesting, then after a few weeks I'll drop a few and keep the ones that turn out to be good.

Regarding the recruitment idea, I think that would probably be a good first step.

It seems like Seinen has been picked so my recommendation for the Normal Cycle will be Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin

And for the Seasonal Cycle: Boku dake ga Inai Machi

Seinen is pretty non-descriptive genre, but it's nice that some pretty interesting and unusual anime are tagged with it. 

My recommendation is Kuuchuu Buranko. It sounds really weird and interesting and I've been mean meaning to watch this for a while now. Once again Anime Club presents a good chance. 

I'll come back to my seasonal recommendation after I've watched bunch of the on-going anime.