Help Wanted

solidbatman

Hey everyone. Let me start with an obligatory notice that Christmas is just around the corner, so be thinking about what you're giving me.

Now then, on to the topic at hand. I really enjoy writing. And recently, I've been devoting a lot of free time to writing on video games and anime. Recent experiences writing for dedicated gaming forums have sort of sucked some motivation from me since no one on the forums were very interested in the things I wrote about unless it was a western shooter.

I've decided then, that I should just set up my own blog, with blackjack and hookers! Forget the blackjack and hookers! With anime, video games, visual novels, manga, whatever I want to write about. I've already set the blog up and everything, and I hope to post at least once a week, hopefully more.

My question to you, is this. Would anyone like to assist me as an author on the blog? I would love one or two people to join me in my quest for a well rounded gaming/anime/manga blog. I am a complete noob at running a blog as well, so if you have experience running one, that would be awesome too, but if you don't, it doesn't matter. I'm not going to require you to post a certain number of times a week or anything, but I would appreciate at least a post a week. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just your thoughts on an episode of anime, or a route in VN. There won't be a post length requirement either.

What matters to me is quality writing. So, if you are at all interested, reply here, PM me, send me a telegram. Just get in touch with me in whatever way is most convenient for you. Let me know what you enjoy writing about, and if you want, a small sample of writing you've done before. The primary language will be English.

For now, I'm only going to take two people max. If you are selected, you won't be below me in status or anything like that. All authors, including myself will be equals, so don't worry about that.

Again, thanks to anyone who is interested in joining me. If you want to check out the blog, here you go. It's not much yet, but I hope it will be down the road. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Sounds fun. I really love writing. In general I write small mystery or horror tales.

I'd like to help. ^^

Here's a sample. I don't know if I'm good at it, and I just made this, so take a look and tell what you think.

A hollow life. Nothing happens and nothing changes.

Just as another countless people in the world, the desire to do something burns inside me. There’s no need for this something to be productive, good or whatever. Actually, I’d say “good” and “evil” are a few of the most meaningless concepts ever. Who has the ability to determine such things, anyway?

I feel like starting something. However, my life’s terribly common. Well, I’m more athletic than usual. Doesn’t it remember a protagonist?

Being athletic, I mean. Wouldn’t it be awesome to get a legendary sword and go on a quest, or meet a cool transfer student with superpowers or something like that? Anyway, such things don’t happen in reality so you can’t exactly count on them. Furthermore, being athletic is nothing uncommon.

I’ve tasted happiness and despair before. More than once, actually. I have determination to do something, but I have nothing to do. Is it because I want it though? I could have started something before if I really felt like it. And I did feel like doing something more than once. However, nothing happened.

Is it the world fault? Nah, probably nothing that big. If the world were trying to screw with me something actually would’ve began, which means I wouldn’t be here thinking that I want something to happen.

I’m an incredibly rational person. People often say I’m smart, I have the top grades in my class, acute senses and my personal relationships always go smoothly. Too smoothly actually. I can usually predict what sort of effect people around me will have in my life and what they feel about me.

It feels like I shouldn’t be complaining, but I still want to do something big. Something to leave a mark in history.

I look at the night sky. It’s completely black. I can’t see the moon or stars. Rationality quickly gives space to emotion.

If I want to do something… Then it’s simple. I’ll just do it. The opportunity won’t knock on my door just because I want it to.

Without any better choice as a weapon, I pick a knife from my kitchen. A big one, the kind you use to cut fish.

A smile creeps to my face… Well, let’s make this night remarkable, shall we?

^ Wow that escalated quickly xD. Just kidding, the pace was really immersive, and you actually used some writing techniques that aren't much common. I liked your style to be blunt, mostly I'd say that apart from a good vocabulary, what standed out the most to me was the flow your writing has (in this sample anyways).

Now, if possible I'd like to help too but honestly, I don't know if what I have to say can be any good. Therefore, I'd have to "study" or research before spouting bullshit on your blog so I'm not much confident. Generally speaking I think I could review an anime episode, a manga or a VN, but I'd have to improve my "arguments" to make more than just my opinion.

Sounds fun. I really love writing. In general I write small mystery or horror tales.

I'd like to help. ^^

It would be a more review/analysis style blog rather than a story writing blog.

And don't worry Sieg, I spout bullshit all the time. Just be able to back up your ramblings.

very interesting and the website looks simple and very polished, but i have a question tho, if given the position, does the author need to write reviews on recently released anime/manga/games/VNs? or can it be from past released? (lets say for example, 2006-2013?)

No limit to age. And I'm not limiting it to reviews. News, rumors, info relating to anything related to the focus of the blog is fine.

I might be interested in this. How are you with spoilers? I'm not sure how far I could go, and imo quite a lot of discussion and review needs at least a spoilered part to truly be justified. Ofc I can also elaborate on general themes, which is the kind of thing only Steve would consider a big spoiler tongue.gif.

Lemme try to find something decent from my admittedly shitty, but quite well-stocked, blog...
Oh, and if you want to read other entries be prepared for the occasional self-hate bomb.

<CENSORED>

I could probably make things more detailed, these are just medium-effort posts.