Shiritori Game (しりとり)

zhurai

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I know it's not very exciting, but I think it's a good and fun way to get some japanese vocabulary. For someone who doesn't know, Shiritori is a word association game where the next word's first sound (usually hiragana) must be the same as the previous word's last sound. Only thing is, you can't use a word that ends with ん (n), because there are no japanese words that start with that. I suggest that whoever plays it also to tell what the word means, for learning purposes. Of course many here (including me) are begginers to japanese, so dictionary look ups are allowed. So for starters:

とり = tori = bird

Well, I know it's not very exciting, but I think it's a good and fun way to get some japanese vocabulary. For someone who doesn't know, Shiritori is a word association game where the next word's first sound (usually hiragana) must be the same as the previous word's last sound. Only thing is, you can't use a word that ends with ん (n), because there are no japanese words that start with that. I suggest that whoever plays it also to tell what the word means, for learning purposes. Of course many here (including me) are begginers to japanese, so dictionary look ups are allowed. So for starters:

とり = tori = bird

The thread actually already exists, so I merged the two.

It seems like Steve's custom "can't lose" rules are being used around here though.

• 4 months later...

浪人 ろうにん like Kenshin.

Uhhh. The one rule in Shiritori is that whoever uses a word that ends with a ん will lose because there are no Japanese words that start with ,  and it cannot be continued by using にん.

But since it has already been continued I might as well just play along continuing from いきな:

んご (Ringo) - Apple

Uhhh. The one rule in Shiritori is that whoever uses a word that ends with a ん will lose because

there are no Japanese words that start with ん,  and it cannot be continued by using にん.

But since it has already been continued I might as well just play along continuing from いきな:

んご (Ringo) - Apple

The rules for this one are different for educational purposes and such. It is explained in first post.

ごちそうさまでした - Thanks for the food.