Of men and maji...koi

bogdankl

So i just finished majikoi s and i have a few things i wanted to say about it

First off let me start by thanking the almighty lords that translated this game ^^ you're all very sugoi :kosame:

WARNING the entire following discussion contains a massive amout of spoiler for majikoi and majikoi s

Ok so, i won't comment on the humor, personally it was hit and miss for me but hey, to each their own, and also as a personal opinion both games had too many unnecessary routes, i don't think it's a good idea just to make a cg and 2 hours of dialog just to have a route for a side character, i think it's a disservice to the character and that effort could have gone into improving one of the main route.

I really enjoyed some of the routes in the first the route for Crit was great, Wanko's was good, the agave was fking amazing in my opinion, really good one, Myako's route... had some interesting stuff going for it, and Kojima sensei's route was kinda neat (too fking short, they could have involved beardy sensei in and made it longer and it could have been great). The first game was ok,a give it a 75tomodachi/100.

Now onto the second game and oh boy...

First off let me say i fking love the animated cg's, this was a really good addition to the vn since it's fighting focused and in my experience fights are better seen the read (see shakado vs possessed lu sensei and you will know what i mean). My first huge issue with the sequel is the amount a fking routes that disappoint. Tsubame route, fking great with multiple endings for flavor, good <but somewhat predictable> characters and events. Mon sempais route was also fairly good. Every route dedicated to an old heroine was pretty much a colossal disappointment, just a bunch of aditional h scenes with no purpose(i skipped myakos route cuz i really could not even be bothered), but hey that's pretty much to be expected, those characters had route dedicated in the previous game, i should have expected that.

But I am really disappointed in Kokoro's route and Margit's route. They could have easily been side routes in the first game. I was really hoping for a long margit route where you find out more about her past, learn why is it that she cares about chriss so much have funny moments with her and tease the shit outta her but the developers were like "they don't need that, just give the a couple of hentai scenes and a few lines of dialogue and that will keep the fans happy", and Kokoro's route felt like that too, but that was at least pretty funny ^^.

But by far the biggest pet peve of mine and the main reason I opened this thread is to complain about the childhood route.

Why the fk does that exist? In the first game when I found out about Koyuki's past I was kinda touched, it was a good part of the game and nicely fleshed out the character. And what do they  do with it "oh you felt bad about her well here just go back in time and change anything that you don't like about the game" FFS NO, the whole part with the clones would have so much more interesting if they didn't change the past, if they made Yamato and Koyuki get together in spite of their past. It feels like the game is treating us like little kids that can't take it, it's being like "oh you don't like the flavor of that candy, let me go to the store and buy you another one" and that's not how you're supposed to do it.

In the end i reate majikoi s as a matzukaze/10. It's mostly weird and uncomfortable but sometimes funny and heartwarming

Maybe I was expecting too much, maybe I am the bakka here, after all this is a game where clones appear and everyone is like "meh it happens". Am i the only one who feels that this was a really dumb thing to do? Do i just have a metaphorical stick up my ass?

I mean I know that I am always complaining about how vn's are depressing and all but that is also a big part of what i love about them and mostly part of my tsundere act 

To one thing i know is that i will probably never force myself to read another vn to completion, better to enjoy them than to 100% them :lol:

I also liked Koyuki's route, and while it may have been a good idea for both Yamato & her to reconcile after the events (which is what i was wanting when I first read about it) it also works for me as an alternate history. Like hey, what if Yamato wasn't a prick child and just accepted the marshmallow bribe, this would happen.

I'm also glad that the clones got the A-stories as I wanted to know more about them than just the little bits we got. Just have to wait until they're translated.

so did i enjoy Koyuki's route, what i did not enjoy was the childhood part and Koyukie after, plus i really liked Koyuki as a character in majikoi,with her depressing attitude and weird drawings, but the Koyukie you get in her route in majikoi s is not really the same person, also that route is more akin to the agave one in the original except there they focused on the action and left Yamato without a real love interest, here they focused on the action and the shoved in 1 hour of forced romance because reason of fan service

also one little pet peeve of mine, it's really jarring whenever you talk to her in s cuz they have new "postures" <i guess that's the best word> and they look really weird when followed up by the ones in the original

example : http://postimg.org/image/jducbbgzt/vs  http://postimg.org/image/k236u9fpl/

But that she isn't really the same person anymore is kind of the point.

As for after story, I think you can say the same for just about every after in S.

I would have loved to see a post-Agave Koyuki route, though, assuming it was written convincingly.

yes but they build Koyuki up for 2 vn's and then they gave us the "sort of Koyuki but kind of not route" I get it's supposed to be a different character and that is what ticks me off because this is not the Koyukie I love, this is the girl that looks like Koyukie, also fk alternate universes and time traveling, these are elements which lead to the downfall of so many stories

Man, I don't care that your English is kinda broken, just stop using "fk" and "fking" all over the place...

sorry about my English I'm kind of too lazy to perfect it so I'm satisfied if I just get my message across, and about the second part you're right and I'll fking stop now ^^

Chris being my favorite in the first game personality wise led me to a big disappointment in her route, because while it was really nice to see her and Yamato living together and the relationship evolve the story with her dad kind of killed it for me on the stupid scale, still my favorite character though. Other then that I enjoyed to first game a lot, Wanko's route the most probably because of the shattered dream, it was really touching. When Majikoi S! was finally translated I jumped on the hype train, and played it instantly, sadly to a lot of disappointment in the beginning. My first instinct was to read Wanko and Chris' route because they were my favorite in the previous game and oh boy was I disappointed as hell, as you said it was just a bunch of h-scenes and close to no story involved, sad, but should have expected it, so I moved on to Tsubame's route. This route I enjoyed more then any other route in Majikoi S, I loved the character and the story surronding her. After enjoying this so much I was skeptical of the other routes because I knew I wouldn't enjoy them as much, and I didn't. But overall I do think Majikoi and Majikoi S! are some of the best visual novels available in English and would happily recommend them to anyone. Overall I give it an 8/10 on personal opinion.

Am I the only one that can not stand Chris? I literally skipped over 60% of her route and her after story. The only part I did like is whenever she would believe whatever lie Yamato would tell her about Japan wholeheartedly and when everyone ate her snack inarizushi.

Also, Tsubame's route is similar to a combo of Majikoi & Majikoi S for the 5 main girls, in being it tells the lead up story, then the after story, maybe that's why y'all liked her better? I did too, although her peddling the natto got tiresome after a while. BUT! her slipping it in Yoshitsune's lunch when she wasn't paying attention and Benkei pointing it out to her was hilarious. Same goes for the Test of Courage with Momoyo's route. Agree with the rest in that there was a bit too many H-scenes, but nbd.

Tachibana Takae was my favorite route. I watched it at least 20 times (a shame there is no ending).

With Tachibana (short) route, I could feel the same way I felt in the Agave route with yuki, (sadness, this depressing feeling, the mistakes of the life etc).

I heard that her route in A5 is a sad/dramatic route. I can't wait for that. Any new regarding A5?

By the way, is the anime the prequel of the route where you are an acquaintance of Takae? Reading the route felt like I missed something...

Am I the only one that can not stand Chris? I literally skipped over 60% of her route and her after story.

Heretic! But nah I love the character but god damn did her routes stupidity make me want to shoot myself in the head 700 times, actually why I count her as one of the worst characters. I still stand for Wanko as best route followed by Tsubame.

Tachibana Takae was my favorite route. I watched it at least 20 times (a shame there is no ending).

With Tachibana (short) route, I could feel the same way I felt in the Agave route with yuki, (sadness, this depressing feeling, the mistakes of the life etc).

I heard that her route in A5 is a sad/dramatic route. I can't wait for that. Any new regarding A5?

By the way, is the anime the prequel of the route where you are an acquaintance of Takae? Reading the route felt like I missed something...

The anime is a prequel. it actually notes that too (briefly) & Wanko saying "Oh, those are my clothes!" was hilarious lol

Also, I really can't believe you asked for news regarding A5 lol

The anime is a prequel. it actually notes that too (briefly) & Wanko saying "Oh, those are my clothes!" was hilarious lol

I don't know when the VN and the anime came out. Tachibana is so much different that I can't help but think the anime is just a spin off. (well the anime was a bad joke so I can't take this shit seriusly)

Also, I really can't believe you asked for news regarding A5 lol

Why?