E3 2015

Stray Cat

So, I took a nap after Microsoft's E3 Conference (Okay, I will admit it's better than I was expecting) but slept through EA's run.  Are their and Ubisoft's conferences worth looking at ASAP or are they more or less just the same stuff as usual?  I also heard there was a PC specific one somewhere, though I'm not seeing it on the youtube schedule.  What of Nintendo's video thingy as well?

MS 
Halo 5 - Demo looked COD and boring, new MP mode is MOBA like. But still getting it since this is why I got the damn thing for in 2013 (Why did they announce it so early). 
RARE - Collection is a fucking steal. Pirate game looked cool but probably won't ever play it. 
New Controller - Looks badass as fuck, $149.99 USD though lol. I'll probably end up picking it up for Halo and my PC games.  
Gears 4 - Boring demo, looked real early. Will get day one though. 
Gears Collection - Did nothing for me, but I'll end up getting day one. 
EA 
Battlefront looks like Bf, I like Bf. 
Ubi
Meh 
Sony
I'll watch but I don't care for anything they do. 
Nintendo
Same as Sony /

Okay, so my impressions on the day so far.

For MS, Rare's pirate game looks cool, I want to see what the gameplay on that is actually like, though. Everything else was unremarkable. $150 controller? lmao

For EA, Mirror's Edge 2 looks great. They said no guns! I like Battlefield, but I've played enough of that, I think, so Battlefront looks meh. Everything else was again unremarkable. A 10+ minute interview with an old soccer star that had nothing to do with video games was a bit odd. It felt kind of lousy how they were constantly reminding people about Battlefront during other game demos. "Heh, bored by this guy's indie game? Don't worry, Battlefront is just 30 minutes away!"

For Ubisoft, I like the setting of AC Syndicate, but I'm still waiting on them showing us the actual game. Also suuuuper skeptical on anything AC related. I'm a big Trackmania fan and the new one looks fun. I'm a BIG Anno fan and I am super psyched for Anno 2205. I've been saying for years that they should take that franchise to outer space and they finally listened! For Honor looks like it could be pretty fun! It's like a 4v4 Bushido Blade with lots of AIs thrown in? I am so down for that. The new Ghost Recon looks like it has a lot of potential. New South Park game looks funny. It's not made by Obsidian but they didn't do much writing on that, anyways. Matt and Trey seem to be doing a good job with the new one. I liked the unscripted banter with that duo on the stage. Aisha Tyler is still the best E3 presenter. 

So yeah, as much as I hate uplay and a lot of Ubisoft's business and development tactics, they had several pretty good looking games this year. Let's see what Sony has to offer.

Horizon, huh? I really, really like the aesthetic in that. Hunting robot dinosaurs seems fun.

Well, that was a cool CG trailer. Hitman Absolution was kind of mediocre, though. Will they be able to top Blood Money, I wonder? Blood Money was a fantastic game that they seem to not want to try to replicate.

edit: Can we livepost like this here or will I get hit by the banhammer for doubleposting so much?

Firewatch might be neat? It's being designed by the designers and writers of Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 1. I still can't really tell what you do in most of it but I don't mind what I've seen of it so far. 

Destiny is boooooring as hell.