E3 2015

Stray Cat

Cleaned up.

I don't even know what Shenmue is. 

Shenmue was revolutionary at the time, but it kind of doesn't hold up. Maybe the story will be good if they make a continuation of that in an actual good, modern game.

It was a 3D third person adventure game in a really highly detailed city (for the year 2000) you could freely roam in. You basically lived out the day-to-day life of Ryo as you sought out your father's murderer. It was cool and I really liked it at the time. 

Cleaned up.

I don't even know what Shenmue is. 

You should probably go check them out. On another note, I still don't know if Sony will beat Nintendo. This has the hype that like every Nintendo E3 in the past few years have had.

I still say don't get your hopes up for Persona 5. That isn't an E3 game. 

You should probably go check them out. On another note, I still don't know if Sony will beat Nintendo. This has the hype that like every Nintendo E3 in the past few years have had.

Was there ever any sort of re-releases for the first two games? AFAIK it's not easy to play those nowadays, something these guys should probably resolve if they want to get more people interested in Shenmue 3. The first one is 15 freaking years old now. Still, you can play them both on NullDC, a Dreamcast emulator.

Meanwhile, COD, snooore.

At least Star Wars Battlefront looks good. 

It doesn't look so good if you read what's actually in it.  It's essentially a bare-bones remake with the only remarkable thing being the graphics.  Don't touch it if you actually like Battlefront; if you want a Battlefield clone set in the Star Wars universe, then it's for you.

I mean, for fuck's sake, most of the bigger vehicles are gonna be on-rails, there's no classes (all replaced with loadouts), no space battles (some cynical people suspect that they'll be sold as DLC), only 40 players per game with no real singleplayer...I wouldn't touch it with a 20 foot long pole unless you're new to the series, and even then I'd point you towards the second.  At least you can mod that one.  Watch AngryJoe's video covering the reveal trailer and what's actually in the game.

EDIT: I forgot about there being only 8 maps and 4 planets at launch.  That's just pathetic.

It doesn't look so good if you read what's actually in it.  It's essentially a bare-bones remake with the only remarkable thing being the graphics.  Don't touch it if you actually like Battlefront; if you want a Battlefield clone set in the Star Wars universe, then it's for you.

I mean, for fuck's sake, most of the bigger vehicles are gonna be on-rails, there's no classes (all replaced with loadouts), no space battles (some cynical people suspect that they'll be sold as DLC), only 40 players per game with no real singleplayer...I wouldn't touch it with a 20 foot long pole unless you're new to the series, and even then I'd point you towards the second.  At least you can mod that one.  Watch AngryJoe's video covering the reveal trailer and what's actually in the game.

I know nothing about it what-so-ever, and I'll probably never buy it either.  :sachi:

Persona is really not an E3 game - maybe, maybe if it was only now first being announced. But even then probably not.

Final Fantasy 7 remake... people have only been asking for that for a decade or two. Square has been failing so hard lately with the Final Fantasy series, I hope they at least make a playable game here. Well, as long as they don't screw with the Materia and combat systems, they'll probably be ok... but they'll probably screw both of those up.

@@@ TOMORROW @@@

• Nintendo announces F-Zero for WiiU and a Sonic x Mario crossover 2D platformer developed exclusively by Nintendo because fuck Sonic Team
  • Nintendo announces Chrono Trigger HD in order to rival FFVII remake, also Magus in Super Smash Bros.
  • Square not only reannounces FFVII and Chrono Trigger remake but also a new game in the Chrono series

When I buy Square and Nintendo, I'm putting you in charge of strategy.

@@@ TOMORROW @@@

• Nintendo announces F-Zero for WiiU and a Sonic x Mario crossover 2D platformer developed exclusively by Nintendo because fuck Sonic Team
  • Nintendo announces Chrono Trigger HD in order to rival FFVII remake, also Magus in Super Smash Bros.
  • Square not only reannounces FFVII and Chrono Trigger remake but also a new game in the Chrono series

Shooting for the moon, huh? :)

Although the only actual viable thing about this is F-Zero for Wii U. 

"Console exclusive on X."

If anything, PC gamers have won E3. It's actually really sad. The only console that's worth picking up at this point is the Wii U. I was going to buy a PS4, but if Uncharted 4 and Guerilla ADHD fuel is what it has to offer, I'm not interested. It's also too late for The Last Guardian to garner any interest from me. Not to mention that Bloodborne will become obsolete with the release of Dark Souls 3, which is going to be available on every platform.

Microsoft didn't do any better. I was cringing in my seat during the Gears 4 reveal. Did they really consider it highlight of the show? Really? It was running sub-25 FPS, not only had graphics comparable to Gears of War 1 on PC - but gameplay, too. Also, you could probably have died of alchohol poisoning if you played the MS drinking game. "The way you experience games! EXPERIENCE! EXPERIENCE! LEVEL UP! YOU LEARNED 'BULLSHIT!'"

The Fallout 4 information and footage has been the most exciting thing about E3 thus far. A FFVII remake is all well and good, but we won't see it on any platform until 2020 - 2022. Not sure we'll even see FFXV by then. Not to mention Kingdom Hearts.

Shooting for the moon, huh? :)

Although the only actual viable thing about this is F-Zero for Wii U. 

Square-Enix used new version of Frog's theme from Chrono Trigger in their E3 trailer. Whether it's just a Wii U port of the DS version of CT, or music DLC for one of their rhythm games, there will likely be something Chrono related at their conference.

if they dont show something about the new deus ex(I mean actual gameplay and a release date!!!) I'm going to be so pissed at square enix u.u

They are almost certainly going to do both of those things during their press conference tomorrow, right? They have to, it's probably a Q4 release this year. 

They are almost certainly going to do both of those things during their press conference tomorrow, right? They have to, it's probably a Q4 release this year. 

I sure hope so because so far they only showed videos of people using "augmentations" etc but they didnt talk about the game..at all.