E3 2015

Stray Cat

I'm hoping for a PS4 Slim reveal. I've been looking to buy a PS4 lately. As far as the show goes, I'm mostly looking forward to the PC conference and new games in general. Fallout 4 footage would be great, but who knows what Bethesda have planned. Traditionally, they do show a fairly lengthy and highly scripted gameplay demonstration whenever they have a new Elder Scrolls or Fallout on the way.

Looking forward to FFXV, KH3, Tales of Berseria, Persona 5 and so on as well, but TGS is more likely to have anything substantial on those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Jjz-V8jE4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmo6rFJDFsA&feature=youtu.be

Was gonna go to sleep, but the gods of hype were having none of it. Kind of sad Roy isn't the one from FE: Awakenings DLC, but oh well. As long as he isn't a Marth clone this time around..god..if we have three Marth clones in this game.. Ryu looks cool though, nothing really surprising or anything with his moves from what I can tell.

FFXV and Persona 5 will be welcome releases. We've only been waiting about a decade for them :(

And knowing Atlus, now unironically paired with Sega, it'll be another five years before Persona 5 sees the light of day in Europe. The punchline will probably be that it's region locked.

Longer Doom trailer

Aaaand the sequel I'm sure nobody saw coming.

Emily Kaldwin, the little girl from the first game, is the protagonist this time around, so that should be a little interesting.  Dat grapple ability, doe.

And the rest of the E3 stuff that isn't on YouTube: http://cheezburger.com/525829/video-games-bethesda-e3-recap

Fallout 4's release date is 11-10-15, apparently.  And Sandra Reed was wrong, you can play as a woman.

edit: ^^^^^^ We've known that Sandra Reed leak was bullshit for a while now. Everything that coincided with what has actually happened was previously leaked by Kotaku, and they have since completely denied that Sandra Reed was their source (they would have kept quiet on that for sure and said nothing if she was). There isn't even any evidence that anyone by that name has ever worked at Bethesda. Sandra Reed is a fictional person. Somebody took the Kotaku leak, added a bunch of bullshit to it, and posted it to reddit.

Well, Day -1 is over. Tomorrow is Day 0 and E3 starts for real on Tuesday. Today only had that Nintendo championship thing and the Bethesda press conference. Highlight of the day for me by far was Mario Maker. Nothing Bethesda showed really impressed me all that much. Fallout 4 looks like more Fallout 3 with a few extra bells and whistles attached. I already discussed why I'm not excited for that. Although if the quests seem fun enough and the world big, varied, and interesting enough, I may jump in the first time it gets a discount. So far, it looks like the world is the same old generic brown wasteland. Doom  looked kind of mediocre. I liked what they were going for. The player was circle strafing, double jumping, etc. They went for an old-school shooter feel, but it feels kind of half-assed. It's not quite fast enough, there aren't enough enemies on screen at any time, some of the weapons look like they lack the oomph they had in classic Doom (what was up with that weak-ass plasma gun?). I dunno, man. I think it might turn out to be a bummer. Dishonored 2 could be cool, but all they had was a CG trailer, so there is nothing to judge. 

Mario Maker though? Holy crap, that looks awesome. If you missed it, the final segment of the nintendo world championship was held in Mario Maker, showing what it's truly capable of to the public for the first time. Years ago, I was a fan of SMW rom hacks. I kind of fell off that wagon at some point, but this has really got me itching for some more custom Mario levels. The depth of creativity allowed seems pretty immense. There are a ton of toys level creators can play with that they don't get with SMW romhacks. The only thing missing for me is confirmation on whether or not you can create campaigns, or if you're always going to be limited to sharing single levels at a time. I don't have a Wii U, but this game is actually the biggest argument for me getting one. I'm a such a Mario fanboy. 

edit 2: Here is a link to the Mario Maker segment of that nintendo stream, it's really dang cool: http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo/v/6181714?t=3h35m35s

Oh and I guess it's been renamed to Super Mario Maker, that's cool. There was some concern when it was first announced that Mario Maker would be way too limited. The levels they demonstrated were all very small, and they all used the same physics engine from New Super Mario Brothers, the tileset used was purely cosmetic. It seems over the last year they have massively expanded on the game. The levels can be huge, they can use the physics and controls from SMB1, 3, World, or NSMB, and there are so many cool looking hazards and power ups. It has really shaped up.

MOTHER 1 TRANSLATION FOR THE WII U?

Man, Nintendo hasn't even had their show yet and they already won E3

As glorious news as this is, I have to say Bethesda won this this year.  I haven't felt that much hype since my first time playing Persona 3.  Like, holy fucking shit that was amazing.  I hadn't even heard of the guy prior to today and Todd converted me to a major Bethesda fan in the span of about ~20 minutes.  Even beyond that, they didn't use the word 'cinematic' even once.  NOT EVEN ONCE, SHITHEADS!

>: D

Note:  The shitheads comment is directed to the blind old men in the old AAA district, as opposed to anyone disagreeing with Bethesda winning E3 this year.  Though they totally just did.  Baka.

Apparently the XB1 will now be backwards compatible, with people being given free digital copies of games that they physically and digitally own for the 360.  It's supposed to be released "this holiday" with 100 games available, but they're reportedly gonna add "hundreds more" later.

I guess Microsoft let Rare out of their dungeon, because they teased a new game.

Dark Souls 3 was teased, and is supposed to be the last Souls game.  It has a release window of early 2016.

Aaaand some other stuff I bet nobody cares about, including Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 and Fable Legends.

I guess Microsoft let Rare out of their dungeon, because they teased a new game.

Fuck'n pirates matie, there be not too many of those in the booty. 

I feel like there's been some years since there where this many exciting games to look forward to.