Looking for some good VNs

That depends on if Nekigei is supposed to say Nukige (more or less games associated with sex primarily.)  Unsure what Nekigei means outside of that.

Sengoku Rance meets three out of four, lacking in mystery, though it's more gameplay heavy than most VNs.  Cross-Channel has mystery to the moon and back and the protagonist is quite likeable as well.  Those are the two that come to mind when those attributes are listed.

Aside from that, throw Little Busters! in there - it doesn't really match up to any of the ones listed, but it's a strong game and works well placed in contrast with Rance and C+C.  Throw it in for variety's sake.

That depends on if Nekigei is supposed to say Nukige (more or less games associated with sex primarily.)  Unsure what Nekigei means outside of that.

Sengoku Rance meets three out of four, lacking in mystery, though it's more gameplay heavy than most VNs.  Cross-Channel has mystery to the moon and back and the protagonist is quite likeable as well.  Those are the two that come to mind when those attributes are listed.

Aside from that, throw Little Busters! in there - it doesn't really match up to any of the ones listed, but it's a strong game and works well placed in contrast with Rance and C+C.  Throw it in for variety's sake.

i'm sure he/she meant nakige :)

Well, ummmmm..........you know.Insane.

No, I don't. Kotarou fights and has powers, Kotarou changes a lot in each route, Kotarou is apparently tormented by supernatural stuff and researches about it. Kotarou also deeply analyzes the world around him (which i like it very much). Is he insane in your opinion?

Ah, in the case of Nakige Little Busters! is probably an amazing fit as stated there before.  Umineko fits the mystery one beautifully in addition to being quite strong from the nakige perspective - some characters also fit the insane protagonist aspect, though it's debatable if the protagonist himself actually fits that.  Certainly worth looking into.  Anything by KEY is a good contender for a strong nakige.

I would highly recommend these four~

YU-NO (I recommend you try this classic one first, I find this one, in my opinion, to be the best. This one is a full on adventure that involves multiverses and the protagonist is literally a walking libido)

999, (9 hours, 9 persons, 9 door, for the Nintendo DS. This one is a must play before you die! And its sequel too),

Steins;Gate (Another must play before you die!)

Ever17 (A must play before you die! Again!)

Those are four games that include sci-fi elements with abundant amount of mystery~