Yu-No Reddit discussion

Lexyvil

I'm not much of a Reddit fan, but I was lucky enough to find out that there's going to be a discussion of the visual novel YU-NO (maybe of the new remastered version?) on here: http://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/

The banner on the top says that it'll be on the 6th of June.

YU-NO is my favourite VN of all time, so I just thought I'd mention.

There's a lot wrong with YU-NO, the 'epilogue' especially, yet despite its flaws I love it. Almost a VN/point+click hybrid.The ADMS (?) system was so far ahead of its time; it puts newer flowcharts (like VLR's) to shame once you've got enough of the crystals.

Thanks for the heads up!

The first thing you can do: 10/10 :scottsune:

f7w7cUd.jpg

2S66bIg.jpg

now seriously, the art style is really good my only complain is the save system but this is a game from 96 so...

I just don't like how older VN's have huge borders around everything. Can it even be put in fullscreen?

Someone told me to read it, didn't know how I felt about how old the art is, and how old the game looks in general. I might try it though.

The game as an extremely good balance between humour and seriousness. It's a must read if you enjoy the concept of Parallel Universes and Time Travel. I obtained the Zip file before the torrents were taken down, so I can PM it if you're looking for the translated and voiced version.

About the characters, I suppose they can be more clichéd at times during the epilogue. It's not that bad when you consider it as a reward for getting that far. But after an amazing playthrough of the main game (before the epilogue), it's the fact that the player 

might think he's at the very end of the game when there's still many more hours of content to the story after realizing what the epilogue consists of (I nerded out during the transition when I realized that there was a medieval-type of fantasy world/concept during that section) and the plot about multiple worlds (that one very long conversation with Eriko) when the "Vrinda's Tree" (Fictional name) and its layout was being explained. That was probably one of the the best parts of the game in my opinion. That section kind of made me wonder of our own world and the origin of our universe. Those kinds of ideas and references that we can somehow relate to in real life are probably why I love this kind of science fiction; this kind of philosophy makes us ask questions and it could be why the game changed my life. It made me orient myself even more towards the study of history and science >w<

Finding out that there was such a thing as a whole different world was probably why I had a jaw-drop moment during that section, especially after playing 90+ or so hours of the main game. I realized how awesome this game was when I already began to miss using my trusty Reflector Device when I couldn't use it anymore ;~;.

I really loved how that device and its mechanic played a part to the story itself: such as when you know that it's taken from you, you can no longer time travel and you're forever stuck in the (parallel) world you're in. That's something they should have added in the game as a bad ending :lol: