Harry Potter

Tay

Are there any hardcore Potter fans here? If so, I'd like to nerd-out about Wizard Rock and Muggle Quiddich (Yes, I do participate in both of those things.) (Proudly.) with you.

I love Harry Potter. I was one of the guys posting editorials and predictions about the 7th book. I was the 2nd person in Utah to get the book on launch night, and I practically didn't set it down until I'd read the whole thing (finished that morning). My wife and I went to the 7th movie (pt 2) dressed up with shirts that read, "Make Love Not Horcruxes." My spiritual/faith journal (a complex web of evernote notes) contains more quotations and references to Dumbledore than many biblical figures. I regularly rock out to Wizard Rock. I follow and am a member of the IQA. I believe that love is the most powerful force in the universe. I also believe that true regret and overwhelming desire to change for the better is enough to undo horcruxes, and their real-life equivalents.

I have not written HP fanfiction. (Healthily, I did draw a line in the sand for that one)

Anybody else out there?

All I will say for the immediate moment is: ever considered why I called myself HARRY Kinomoto?? wink.gif

Have a video for good keeps tongue.gif

Oh man, Demon Lord.... So much love! Great to see you!

I am a HP fan, though I have no clue what Wizard Rock is :C Used to get em as soon as they came out in India and finish em in a couple of days <3 'Tis what got me into reading in the first place.

Also, I cried during the last movie the entire way through. I HAVE NO REGRETS ADMITTING THAT, THE SERIES IS PRACTICALLY MY CHILDHOOD ;O;

I just wish that EA wouldn't have...half-assed(the most polite thing I can say) all the later Harry Potter games starting from I believe 4? 1 to 3 were all EXCELLENT! Why couldn't the quality keep up?! ;_;

Wow, I didn't know there was Muggle Quiddich. I am a Harry Potter fan, but not at that level. I enjoyed the movies and after the 6th movie I read the whole saga, couldn't wait to see how it ended xD

Anyway, I loved every book, especially the third, and from the fifth to the seventh.

Hahaha, i just wayched a video of Muggle Quiddich and I couldn't stop laughing xD

Don't take me wrong, I'm not laughing at them, it's just so funny watching them running with brooms between their legs lol

• 3 weeks later...

I am a huuuuuge fan too :D I haven't done much RL stuff to do with HP though.

I love the series so much, and it's such a huge part of my early life.. I feel like I really know the characters, and that's a really special feeling :)

I listen to the audiobooks all the time.. my favourite is book 6. Which is your favourite book/movie?

(Also, I crossed the line and wrote Harry Potter fanfic.. and collect doujinshi ^^;; )

Well, meru, you've one again proven that you're too cool. Just too cool.

Both my favorite book and movie is #7 (pt 2 for films). For me, the 6th was a close second: I felt like we finally saw behind the curtain into the mind of Tom Riddle. One of my favorite things to ponder about is how the 6th and 7th parallel each other: exploring the titanic figures we've come to see as superhuman, and revealing their pasts and humanity.

The parallel also makes for a great comparison of Voldemort and Dumbledore as ideals.

Any chance a link with the fanfic will ever appear? : )

Well, I'm not sure cool is the word most people would use, but thanks XD

I love the exploration of Dumbledore's past. It kind of mirrors growing up in general, and how you realise that your idols aren't always as perfect as they seem.. but that doesn't make their great deeds any less great.

I totally agree with you on the Voldemort/Dumbledore comparison.

I've heard people criticise Rowling for being too simplistic, but I think there's so many interesting themes in there if you look.

And I think it's safer for everyone if the fanfic stays hidden! I was maybe 14 when I wrote it and.. yeah.. XD

Apart from really liking the harry potter books, they have a special significance for me as they were the first (big-ish) books I read in English. Basically I'd read the first two and really didnt want to wait for the T/L of the third to Swedish. I started out, by my parents' stipulations, at the first book again and read through it all. After that, I started reading as much as I could in english... which is probably part of why I use so many big words at times :P

Apart from really liking the harry potter books, they have a special significance for me as they were the first (big-ish) books I read in English. Basically I'd read the first two and really didnt want to wait for the T/L of the third to Swedish. I started out, by my parents' stipulations, at the first book again and read through it all. After that, I started reading as much as I could in english... which is probably part of why I use so many big words at times :P/>

(Hi everyone!)

I'm doing the same, but opposite! I'm reading them in Russian, and you're right: it's a great way to build and keep up a language.