Japanese screenshots: Translate your favorite quotes

sanahtlig

Take a Japanese language quote (preferably a screenshot from a visual novel or manga) and translate it.  Alternatively, post a screenshot of a Japanese quote you want translated.

Put your translation in spoilers to give others a chance to think about it for themselves.  If possible, include a reference link to the source material (i.e., for a visual novel, a VNDB link).  Optional additions include a Japanese text version, romaji conversion, and the source of the original screenshot.

I'll start.

verita_03_1024x768.jpg

Celica, Ikusa Megami Verita

Source: Eushully's wallpaper section

Japanese: 「分からないな。俺ほど自分の心の動きが分からないものもいないだろう。」

Romaji: "...Wakaranai na.  Ore hodo jibun no kokoro no ugoki ga wakaranai mono mo inai darou."

English: "Someone like me who doesn't understand the workings of their own heart... I doubt such a person even exists."

81XyVcm.jpg

From Narcissu

Kanji and some other kana are not showing up now and I don't know why u.u it's driving me crazy,

(In the sentence before he is saying that he was watching tv again)

Jap: 他にすることもなかった。やれることもなかった。

Romaji: hokani suru koto mo nakatta. yareru koto mo nakatta

English: Besides there was nothing else to do, nothing else that I could do.

Take a Japanese language quote (preferably a screenshot from a visual novel or manga) and translate it.  Alternatively, post a screenshot of a Japanese quote you want translated.

Put your translation in spoilers to give others a chance to think about it for themselves.  If possible, include a reference link to the source material (i.e., for a visual novel, a VNDB link).  Optional additions include a Japanese text version, romaji conversion, and the source of the original screenshot.

I'll start.

verita_03_1024x768.jpg

Celica, Ikusa Megami Verita

Source: Eushully's wallpaper section

Japanese: 「分からないな。俺ほど自分の心の働きが分からないものもいないだろう。」

Romaji: "...Wakaranai na.  Ore hodo jibun no kokoro no hataraki ga wakaranai mono mo inai darou."

English: "Someone like me who doesn't understand the workings of their own heart... I doubt such a person even exists."

I think you mislook the word in the photo 動き as 働き

I think you mislook the word in the photo 動き as 働き

Good catch.  Oddly enough, it doesn't change my translation.

My kanji recognition needs work (language pun, haha :P).  I'm still at the point where I tend to "guess" the readings of kanji based on context.  In this case, the translated meanings were similar enough that I didn't catch the mistake.