Danganronpa [Spoilers]

Thanks to a to-be-legal-soon website I was able to play this game with my legal ppsspp emulator and my 100% legit iso game.

Also, behold, 100% spoiler thread right here

Anyway, I just wanted to leave my impressions of the game here, I couldn't find a thread : proof :

11b6d440605e005a06f3f93060737527.png

Anyway, the game is really fun to play. Well it was once I could paly with my controller, otherwise, the keyboards mechanics on that thing was horrible.

But that's not the point. The chara design was awesome. The story was pretty good. The investigations were good (at least half of them). The trial system was ... meh. 

Which leads me to this final conclusion, the game was good.

Regarding the characters, I can only say bravo. I've been stunt.

They where really original for the most part, and it created something different.

Now for a list of characters I really loved :

Genocider shou

tumblr_inline_msz93ya9EA1qz4rgp.png

Oh my god! That character made me cry to the point were I was rolling on the ground.

The guy who thought of adding such a character to the game deserves an award, really.

Monokuma 

profile_picture_by_monokuma-d5fxvi2.png

He looks so cute an innoncent :3 he always has naughty jokes to tell or out of context things to say. Always at the most crucial moments. And his voice ... man, what a great antagonist he was.

Celes

QB9f7jx.png

Cause she's completely insane, completely unpredictable and is incredibly mysterious. I also like the way she looks, cool goth chick. Damn I gave her a shitload of (expensive) presents, she hated most of them.

There was a little problem with the students overall : they are either completly crazy or completly stupid or completly normal. Maybe this was something I would have liked to see changed.

The story starts by saying the students who enroll in the academy have to excell at everything. Let me doubt these guys excelled at anything ... And even if they actually did, it was never used.

Basiclly most of the story (except the ending) would have been exactly the same had they been normal stupid students. Which is a kind of disappointing.

The art is gorgeous though, loved it.

5(36).png

And a thing I hate in this game, is the open ending. Tell us more about the freaking outside world ! Don't go giving us hints about what maybe is outside and that there is something that caused it. Because in the end it's the kind of grandiose thing that is so huge and impressive that you can only justify it by leaving it to the imagination to the one who played the game since you can take responsibility for creating a plot which is too complicated and too incredible for you can't create a plausible origin !

Well, in the end, 8/10, pretty good, not sure if I would play the second one if the trial system is as boring and that I don't get 102% explanations.

Other thoughts on the game ?

I feaking loved it , one of my first vn , the char's were great and i loved how they personified  vague and abstract terms such as "hope" and  "despair".My favorite characters where probably naegi and Junko(of course i loved all characters almost equaly)

People may think naegi is kind of bland and all but i enjoy characters like that, who get more developed in-game.

I dont know why i like junko... i just do.Weird scince i usualy dont care much about the villians .

Also if wanna know more about what hapens outside I also recomend sdr2 and "another episode" thou "another episode" is not translated and has characters from the sdr2. Both are on the vita, but sdr2 is translated.

Danganronpa might just be one of the best game I've played on PSP.

High school murder investigation and badass courtroom? hell yes, this was the game for me.

it has amazing cast of extremely diversed character and the well padded game flow and sequence for each chapter.

My favorite character is none other than erotic and utterly insane junko enoshima. there is no question. this girl is crazy and i like her.

Her personality also changed from time to time, showing off how bat shit insane of a person she actually is.

DR is amazing, SDR2 is even more amazing. DR is my favorite franchise after Zero Escape.

They are not without their flaws (just check out DR1's beta version called DISTRUST, it is gritty and grim and imho could have been so much more)

Also I played for the first time with a controller as well but the game plays almost perfectly on Vita.

Also about the talents point, do you even remember the first trial? Besides that, quite a good point.

Disagree about the trials, I find them to be my favorite gameplay mechanic in any VN.

Thanks to a to-be-legal-soon website I was able to play this game with my legal ppsspp emulator and my 100% legit iso game.

Also, behold, 100% spoiler thread right here

Anyway, I just wanted to leave my impressions of the game here, I couldn't find a thread : proof :

I don't know that there was a general discussions thread but I know there were plenty of Dangan Ronpa titled threads around the board. Most fans call it Dangan Ronpa not DanganRonpa. The first is what it was called in the original translation the second is what the official translation labeled it as when they went to put it in catalogs.

As for the game itself, it's one of my favorites. I'd have to disagree with you about the trials because I thought every one of them was fun and I enjoyed the game play mechanics in the trial portion of the game.

The story also worked around those characters a lot more than you gave credit to. You say most of them were crazy or stupid or normal but that really wasn't the case. Each person was NOT the best at everything (as you said above) they each excelled at just one topic and their character was based around it. It would have been really easy to give Celeste gifts if you had picked up on it. Not a single one of them acts 'normal' because they take everything to the extreme.

On top of that it is there SHSL talents that give them away. Nobody but Leon Kuwata could have thrown that ball. Nobody but SHSL popstar could have convinced Kuwata that they could make his dreams of becoming a famous musician true. Chihiro's character relies on living a virtual life, Ishimaru and Mondo were perfect foils for each other while both of them exlempified their skills and is Ishimaru was anybody else he wouldn't have totally broken down when Mondo was gone. Celeste and Hifumi foil wouldn't be as impactful if you didn't see them on a different level and the only real reason you do see them as that is because Celeste is a high class gambler and she makes enough money to sit up on a pedestal. Otherwise they're both lovers of fantasy.

A normal group of high schoolers couldn't realistically pull off most of those murders in either game. The biggest example would actually be the last murder in Super Dangan Ronpa 2. I won't give it away but the entire murder hinges on their SHSL talent and couldn't have possibly been replicated by anyone else. Not anyone in the game not any person on earth. Literally only this one fictional character could pull off this murder.

As for the game itself, it's one of my favorites. I'd have to disagree with you about the trials because I thought every one of them was fun and I enjoyed the game play mechanics in the trial portion of the game. 

Some contradictions were not intuitive at all, some shoots were literally frame perfect especially near to the end, the comics you had to make had images that where completely counter-intuitive, and basiclly, it was impossible for me to go through one trial without at least dying once because of stupid stuff. What I like is the story, not the gameplay, being held back by the gamepley was frustrating.

Now some scenes during the trial were pretty funny, but the gameplay itself was a pain in the butt.

The story also worked around those characters a lot more than you gave credit to. You say most of them were crazy or stupid or normal but that really wasn't the case. Each person was NOT the best at everything (as you said above) they each excelled at just one topic and their character was based around it. It would have been really easy to give Celeste gifts if you had picked up on it. Not a single one of them acts 'normal' because they take everything to the extreme.

Then either it's a traduction mistake or you are wrong, it is stated in the game I played : "they excel at everything'. Since the game goes your way, i suppose there is a translation mistake.

On top of that it is there SHSL talents that give them away. Nobody but Leon Kuwata could have thrown that ball. Nobody but SHSL popstar could have convinced Kuwata that they could make his dreams of becoming a famous musician true. Chihiro's character relies on living a virtual life, Ishimaru and Mondo were perfect foils for each other while both of them exlempified their skills and is Ishimaru was anybody else he wouldn't have totally broken down when Mondo was gone. Celeste and Hifumi foil wouldn't be as impactful if you didn't see them on a different level and the only real reason you do see them as that is because Celeste is a high class gambler and she makes enough money to sit up on a pedestal. Otherwise they're both lovers of fantasy.

Other than the Leon ball throw, and the hacker trap I'll have to disagree. Their specialities gave them personnalities, what did the shaman do ? what did the bookworm do ? what did the otaku do ? What did the swimmer do ? Yes their speciality affected the characters, but they used the personnalities most of the time in the story imo, not the qualities.

A normal group of high schoolers couldn't realistically pull off most of those murders in either game. The biggest example would actually be the last murder in Super Dangan Ronpa 2. I won't give it away but the entire murder hinges on their SHSL talent and couldn't have possibly been replicated by anyone else. Not anyone in the game not any person on earth. Literally only this one fictional character could pull off this murder.

Then either it's a traduction mistake or you are wrong, it is stated in the game I played : "they excel at everything'. Since the game goes your way, i suppose there is a translation mistake.

Please note, I think this may have been Naegi or Junko who said, and I bet the context changed its meaning.

"The SHSL kids, they excel at everything". Something to this effect could just as easily mean that all of them excel at something. I think it's something like this, if that quote is truly in the game.

I enjoyed the game immensely, Genocide Jack, Celeste, Junko, and her sister (forgetting her name) were definitely my favorite characters. Unfortunately, because of my curiosity and because I thought I would never purchase a Vita, I spoiled myself on the trilogy for the most part beforehand. Now that I have a Vita, my first two purchases were DanganRonpa 1 & 2. :)

It really sucks though that all the characters in the first game that died are dead for good though. :/ I am glad it's not like that for the sequel. I get really attached to characters. XP

Please note, I think this may have been Naegi or Junko who said, and I bet the context changed its meaning.

"The SHSL kids, they excel at everything". Something to this effect could just as easily mean that all of them excel at something. I think it's something like this, if that quote is truly in the game.

I believe that quote means like: "X excels at 1, Y excels at 2, Z excels at 3, so they collectively excel at everything". 

I believe that quote means like: "X excels at 1, Y excels at 2, Z excels at 3, so they collectively excel at everything". 

Indeed. I especially excel at expressing myself and explaining things.

Did you know I once aspired to be a teacher? 

I enjoyed the game immensely, Genocide Jack, Celeste, Junko, and her sister (forgetting her name) were definitely my favorite characters. Unfortunately, because of my curiosity and because I thought I would never purchase a Vita, I spoiled myself on the trilogy for the most part beforehand. Now that I have a Vita, my first two purchases were DanganRonpa 1 & 2. :)

It really sucks though that all the characters in the first game that died are dead for good though. :/ I am glad it's not like that for the sequel. I get really attached to characters. XP

Dangan Ronpa 2

Well, you say that but I honestly don't believe they'll ever revive them or awake from the comas. I really got attached to them as well, though...

Dangan Ronpa 2

Well, you say that but I honestly don't believe they'll ever revive them or awake from the comas. I really got attached to them as well, though...

Noooooooo don't destroy my dreams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBR2G-iI3-I