Visual Novel sale numbers

Well I suck in that case. But yes I agree that it is a raising sim in that regard.

About the chocolate:

If I recall the only way I could've figuried it out was training my dogs and possibility falconry or something else. I played it ages ago so I hardly recall everything. I always tried to be the bes in everything.

chocolate tests

there is a test for production/trade, and a test for something like intrigue to see if it was suspicious. If you didn't have any of those but you were friendly with your dog then the dog would stop you. If you ate the chocolate there was a poison test. I also think that divination test on the flower vase right before it might save you from the chocolate? I'm not sure about that one though

Now, you make it seem like the game tells you which flags are connected to each other, which it doesn't.

So for example, in order to go to that other girl's party in the first place, you've got to have a certain set of skills. Then bandits attack you and you can defeat them by having enough Archery, a skill COMPLETELY unrelated to everything you've trained so far; if the bandits manage to attack you anyway, you've got to handle the pain using Meditation, probably the least used skill in the entire game and, again, has nothing to do with everything else.

If the flags were always avoided using similar skills then you'd have the "Princess Types" you talked about and then you could be Puella Magi Elodie Magica or Elodie von Bismarck or Elodiecahontas and still succeed, but no-- you'll always have to train a skill you weren't expecting.

Not really as long as you know how to play your type. For example let's talk about the party. There are hints that going could be potentially dangerous. I know divination and internal affairs (?) will tell you specifically that it isn't safe to go. Other than that there are mentions that it might not be safe for Elodie to go out. 

Also that's not how the archery check works.There are multiple ways to stop them.

A) If you go the magical girl route the person who sent the bandits will have already been exterminated or is currently on your side

B) if you focus on athletics the check is actually Archery + Reflexes. So you really just need a mixture of both 

C) If you manage to get hit you don't need to have any meditation I beat it without any. First off all you need Battle Medicine. After that you need either Composure or Meditation

D) Let's say you aren't playing a magic girl, or an athletic girl, or a cute little nurse girl. If you passed the intrigue test in week 18 you can actually just hire more bodyguards.

E) there were two checks before you decided to go to the party if you passed either of these you would have been told not to go.

So to list all of the skills that would have saved you:

• Sense Magic
  • Sense Magic + Refuse Magic 
  • Intrigue
  • Divination (warns you not to go)
  • Intrigue 2 (warns you not to go)
  • Archery + Reflexes
  • Battlefield Medicine + Composure
  • Battle Medicine + Mediation

There are 8 different ways to save yourself, pretty much.

you'll always have to train a skill you weren't expecting.

Not really, you didn't have to go to the party at once, it was only if you decided to go to the party you needed to be proficient in one of the above skills.

Of course you don't always live and it isn't always easy. Not on the first time when you don't understand that taking every class once or twice isn't going to be very helpful. But the thing is, a raising sim isn't defined by whether or not it is possible to totally screw up raising a person and get them killed. You're still raising a princess in a harsh world. You can still do it in a number of ways. And for the most part there is foreshadow to all of the events. Literally the only ones without good foreshadowing are the ones where that bitch is trying to kill you, since you don't trigger them yourself, and even then I mean it's still pretty up in the air whether or not the foreshadowing is good because they give you multiple chances to avoid the scenario.

Added in Palas' figures, also:

Loren the Amazon Princess – 45,443 ± 9,080

Magical Diary – 71,005 ± 11,349

The Yawhg – 55,384 ± 10,023

They're good, yes. The problem is they aren't worth what they cost (then again nothing in the whole world is worth $30 bucks), but the production values are high. Dandelion's protagonist is particularly cute and nice. 

They are pretty expensive. Definitely good though. I'm a little disappointed to see they haven't sold very well :(

Originally meant to respond to this thread sooner than this. But this information shocked me more than Sakura Spirit's high sales:

Hatoful Boyfriend - 83,312 ± 12,293

People actually paid for that Pigeon VN!!! At least Sakura Spirit has lewdness and sex appeal, but other than a joke that gets old after 10 minutes, I don't see why people would be compelled to pay Hatoful Boyfriend. 

Originally meant to respond to this thread sooner than this. But this information shocked me more than Sakura Spirit's high sales:

People actually paid for that Pigeon VN!!! At least Sakura Spirit has lewdness and sex appeal, but other than a joke that gets old after 10 minutes, I don't see why people would be compelled to pay Hatoful Boyfriend. 

This isn't Katawa Shoujo, it's not like the game's quirky approach falls off 10 minutes in. Yes they're pigeons but it's not really a joke. There are a lot of otomes like that about girls who date animal boys or cupcake boys or any number of themed things that happen to be boys.

This isn't Katawa Shoujo, it's not like the game's quirky approach falls off 10 minutes in. Yes they're pigeons but it's not really a joke. There are a lot of otomes like that about girls who date animal boys or cupcake boys or any number of themed things that happen to be boys.

Shots fired?

Shots fired?

I don't know. I'm not saying Katawa Shoujo is bad, but it feels like the overall consensus is that halfway through Katawa Shoujo it's like it doesn't mater that they're disabled anymore and the novelty of it wears off. I feel like the way Hatoful Boyfriend plays itself off it doesn't feel like you're no longer in a Pigeon Dating Sim halfway through.

I don't know. I'm not saying Katawa Shoujo is bad, but it feels like the overall consensus is that halfway through Katawa Shoujo it's like it doesn't mater that they're disabled anymore and the novelty of it wears off. I feel like the way Hatoful Boyfriend plays itself off it doesn't feel like you're no longer in a Pigeon Dating Sim halfway through.

Lets be legit here for a second. Are you guys just really committed to this troll, or is Hatoful actually a decent game? Nah, from the Youtube footage I saw there's no way it could be. You almost had me. 

Lets be legit here for a second. Are you guys just really committed to this troll, or is Hatoful actually a decent game? Nah, from the Youtube footage I saw there's no way it could be. You almost had me. 

Hatoful is actually excellent story-wise, especially when you enter the true route. Though the other routes are somewhat wacky (not necessarily bad btw, but weird).