Starting up vn problem.

how about providing us with some more info first!

So we know what we are actually talking about.

- What game?

- Where did you install it?

- What version of windows do you use?

and here are some common things you should check as well.

- Never ever install anything in program files or any windows folder, it makes for shits und giggles trying to find out what the problem is.

My tip, make a folder called VN somewhere and install all your VN's there.

- Make sure your locale is set to japanese. (which might be the problem, as i am seing wierd signs on your picture)

IF you already have it set to japanese check anyway. (i know i sometimes change it for installing some software that else gives me a magical japanese installer instead of an english one)

the game is this https://vndb.org/v16446

i installed in its default folder which is C:\Program Files\WILLPLUS\じゅ~にんかんり!~10人の乙女に愛の手を~

and i am using vista.

i always install things in program files and they work fine. it might be causing the problem this time, but im gonna wait for more answers before i re-download it. also my pc's local has been on japanese for like two years now, non stop.

I don't recognise those errors, although make sure you close utorrent before trying to install downloaded vn's. Otherwise files are locked as read only, which is a problem for some engines (mostly kirikiri though). If you think you've done this, don't worry - you don't need to redownload, just navigate to the save directory and mark it writable in properties.

Do you know what engine this is? I think something is stopping .exe files from running. Did your Anti-Virus throw up any warnings on installation?

Yeah its odd, its only just released too so that rules out a whole bunch of compatibility problems. If your AV hasn't blocked anything, are you running it as admin? Somethings preventing the exe from opening which is odd given that you got it to install. Are you 100% sure its cracked (unless you bought it?).

the game is this https://vndb.org/v16446

i installed in its default folder which is C:\Program Files\WILLPLUS\じゅ~にんかんり!~10人の乙女に愛の手を~

and i am using vista.

i always install things in program files and they work fine. it might be causing the problem this time, but im gonna wait for more answers before i re-download it. also my pc's local has been on japanese for like two years now, non stop.

there are afew vn's out there where mere japanese locale is not enough.

Try setting your date and time notations to japanese as well as location.

You can find these in the same config as your system locale just different tabs, it should be the first and second tab.

Damm 5 seconds to late...... :wafuu:

Edited by havoc

oh i didnt see your post GetterEmperor, im sorry. your solution wouldve worked to. thanks anyways.

there are afew vn's out there where mere japanese locale is not enough.

Try setting your date and time notations to japanese as well as location.

You can find these in the same config as your system locale just different tabs, it should be the first and second tab.

Damm 5 seconds to late...... :wafuu:

haha. yeah, but thanks anyways.

~~

My cat appreciates everyones help.

u1J6MYM.png