Gameplay based VN

Railingue

Hi Fuwanovelers, 

I know i might not be the only one coming for this but I've just came to get my visual novels of the year x)

I'm looking for strong gameplay based Visual Novels or VN with lots of choices. I'm kind of a noob in the world of VN and I get bored quite quickly with just reading...

I don't care long games but long reading isn't really my style :|

I've already done the Galaxy Angel Series / Corpse party /Danganronpa / Kamidori (trying the 100% gallery will surely kill me) / Blazblue (not sure it even counts)

I've already tried Kara no shoujo but I actually don't really like the atmosphere even if the story seems great (Getting two early random bad end in a row doesn't help either) :[

And I'm currently playing Long Live the Queen that is really fun in it's own style.

I've been looking for other games like Kamidori but it seems that it's the only game from eushully that has been translated in english yet

For characteristics, I don't care about sexual content / yaoi / yuri as long as you don't have too much of it, and i can't read any japanese :')

I might also start Gadget Trial that seems like something relax but otherwise i don't really know :|

I'll take also short VN for the train, as i travel a lot :')

I've already read quite some of them (Planetarian / Nekopara / Narcissu / Sepia Tears / The rising angel series and others I don't even recall... )

Thank you for your help :D

I really like Rpg/gameplay based VNS aswell, btw NekoHen is translating another game from Eushully which is Ikusa Megami Zero they are already finishing at the moment they are on the last chapter i think, they have the patch for the translation in their website so you can play if you don't want to wait for the full translation.

If you like gameplay i can recommend you some Vn/rpgs but they are not on the same level as Kamidori, you have Tears to Tiara, Utawarerumono, Hyperdimension, Minna Daisuki Kozukuri Banchou, Rance series (sengoku rance must be played), Brave soul not so good but i enjoyed. You have some nukiges like Boob Wars and Boob wars 2, Btw play Monster Girl Quest !

I haven't really played Eden for certain reasons all ages. But for what i have heard about the gameplay is a pain in the ass you will probably get annoyed after completing the first route, but that's just what i have heard about.

Let me just erase all said here because i was referring to the wrong game my bad xD, Eden is not even an rpg xD.

Seems like Sakamoto already mentioned most of them. I really recommend the Rance series since It's pretty fun and has a very interesting lore. Utawarerumono and Monster Girl Quest are also must plays. Ikusa Megami Zero is probably what your looking for and like Sakamoto said it's getting translated so you can give that a go.

I really like Rpg/gameplay based VNS aswell, btw NekoHen is translating another game from Eushully which is Ikusa Megami Zero they are already finishing at the moment they are on the last chapter i think, they have the patch for the translation in their website so you can play if you don't want to wait for the full translation.

If you like gameplay i can recommend you some Vn/rpgs but they are not on the same level as Kamidori, you have Tears to Tiara, Utawarerumono, Hyperdimension, Minna Daisuki Kozukuri Banchou, Rance series (sengoku rance must be played), Brave soul not so good but i enjoyed. You have some nukiges like Boob Wars and Boob wars 2, Btw play Monster Girl Quest !

I've seen Ikusa Megami in Eushully's list and it's the one i was really looking forward to, I'm really happy to see a full translation coming, i'll follow this closely

Thanks for the info !

And thanks for the list Their seems to be some nice stuff

It's seem that Monster Girl Quest and Sengoku Rance are parts of the must try

I might try Monster girl first as it seems more like the stuff I was looking for...

Btw if you are going for Sengoku Rance i REALLY don't recommend you play without a playthrough seriously! 

Need a playthrough because of difficulty in the gameplay phases or impossible to get out of a bad end without the correct choices ?

I don't really like playing with playthought I think it spoils the story quite a bit. On second or third play you won't be spoiled much but on first time... :[

I've also heard about Yumina quite a lot so I think I'll keep that in my priorities :')

I'll give a shot to Eden too, It's just stuff to pass time during train. I'll see that crappy gameplay and might be looking for something else if it's really that bad XD

You need a walkthrough because Sengoku Rance is a game where you conquer districts of japan, and depending on which district you conquer different events will be triggered, but mostly because if you don't do certain choices you will not have the true ending. You should at least try Eden, thats just what i heard about.

And Monster Girls Quest has an awesome story line seriously is the only nukige that has such a story, you will really have a good time reading it. I haven't finished Yumina yet so i can't really say something about it but i think its worth playing.

Agree, Sengoku Rance is really good (well all Rance's game are). But that's also too that you can miss quite easily the good/true endings, but the new game + allow to play more " freely ", well you'll see if you play it. There another Eushully game that is translated, Minna Daisuki Kozukuri Banchou, and like all Eushully games, with a specific gameplay. But he's quite short and a pure nukige and the story is ... meh. (but just for Eushully's art :illya: )

Hearing this much about Sengoku Rance I must give it a try then ! And I kinda understand the problem i'll face without a playthrough, so I see why it would be better with it x)

But I'll still start with Monster Quest I guess, more the type I was looking for...

Minna Daisuki Kozukuri Banchou : I think I'll give it a shot one day just because well "Eushully" x) I was really looking for some stuff from them because aside from kamidori I haven't found anything

Kami no rhapsody will be part of my priorities too founding 3 Eushully games with 2 ongoing translations was way beyond my expectations XD

And most of the games given seems really nice,  Eien no Aselia looks really interesting too

I'll keep everything I guess, because I haven't found anything that seems really bad... 

Thank for all the advises !

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like Sakamoto already mentioned most of them. I really recommend the Rance series since It's pretty fun and has a very interesting lore. Utawarerumono and Monster Girl Quest are also must plays. Ikusa Megami Zero is probably what your looking for and like Sakamoto said it's getting translated so you can give that a go.

I have trouble getting into the rance series due to how much of a douchebag of a main character Rance is, I just hate the guy. I mean who wants to take over a country for no other reason than to get to fuck the princess? I mean its the dumbest fucking plot i've ever seen, and his douchebag attitude also pisses me off to no end. That said, the bit I did play had some good comedy rape scenes. I didn't get far though. This pretty much sums up the entire plot of every rance game: 4353.jpg

I have trouble getting into the rance series due to how much of a douchebag of a main character Rance is, I just hate the guy. I mean who wants to take over a country for no other reason than to get to fuck the princess? I mean its the dumbest fucking plot i've ever seen, and his douchebag attitude also pisses me off to no end. That said, the bit I did play had some good comedy rape scenes. I didn't get far though. This pretty much sums up the entire plot of every rance game:

4353.jpg

Rance is an asshole yes, but he grows on you or at least he did for me. And yes, Rance originally came to fuck the princess, but that isn't what the plot of Sengoku is. Like Rooke said some people play it for the gameplay and others for the lore. I really like the lore and the gameplay so I can put up with Rance. 

I have trouble getting into the rance series due to how much of a douchebag of a main character Rance is, I just hate the guy. I mean who wants to take over a country for no other reason than to get to fuck the princess? I mean its the dumbest fucking plot i've ever seen, and his douchebag attitude also pisses me off to no end. That said, the bit I did play had some good comedy rape scenes. I didn't get far though. This pretty much sums up the entire plot of every rance game: 4353.jpg

Well I can't stand rape, but Rance does it differently, and

if you play all the ends he'll show you another side of him.