Asaka66's top 5 favorite anime (that recently ended)

Asaka66

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best you've watched that ended now

• Oreshura
    • Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
    • Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
    • Zetsuen no Tempest
    • Zettai Karen Children
    • Psycho Pass
  2. 2. Second Best

• Oreshura
    • Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
    • Zetsuen no Tempest
    • Zettai Karen Children
    • Psycho Pass
  3. 3. Third Place

• Oreshura
    • Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
    • Zetsuen no Tempest
    • Zettai Karen Children
    • Psycho Pass

This poll is closed to new votes

OK before anyone can complain- this poll is so I can see what you think of the listed above- It doesn't include all animes, only those I am interested in

Consider it like a popularity poll.

If you want to ask about every anime- you can make a new topic of your own.

I'll be happy of you post a comment here explaining your choice for 1st 2nd 3rd place.

I haven't finished 3 shows in this list ^^" ZnS and MMY were both very good though.

Ryoji supposedly will post a huge review of the season in the upcoming days iirc, if anyone wants to make reviews or simply tell what they thought about this season, doing so in this upcoming topic would probably be the most appropriate.

I haven't watched PSYCHO PASS, Zetsuen no Tempest and Zettai Karen Children, so I can't vote those.

However, I didn't like the ending of Oreshura, and I was really disappointed with Haganai. I want more endings like Sakurasou.

Hmm out of these 5.....

to be honest I was disappointed with all except Zettai Karen Children: Unlimited and Psycho Pass. And even those were lacking. Im sure we'll get some kind of future season of Zettai Karen Children: Unlimited so we'll see where they go from here.

As far as the last 3 ill keep this brief becasue im going to be doing a FULL REVIEW of all of this seasons shows (that i actually watched some i dropped)

Oreshura: started out great, ending was just bad

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha: Didnt really end, disappointing.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: Great show, CRAP end.

Look forward to my End Season Review of all the great shows this season. (there was a bunch)

EDIT: Edited Topic Title

Oreshura: started out great, ending was just bad

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha: Didnt really end, disappointing.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: Great show, CRAP end.

^ This. This is exactly how it went. I haven't watched the other shows on the poll, but I really can't add anything to what Ryoji said.

Nowadays is it just hard doing a decent ending to an anime? I've seen plenty good or great anime endings, but that is not the case most of the times. Actually, I guess I was being nostalgic or something, even recent shows have decent endings, but they're rare. I'd say mainly due to most of them not being an faithful adaptation from the VN, LN or manga they came from, of because they are adapted themselves in order to be prolonged to the maximum, until they're no longer profitable. In my opinion, skilfully ending a series the coolest way possible, as in leaving a masterpiece behind should be the most satisfying feat an author could get, but maybe I'm just being naive and the money is what really counts (I hope it's not the case).

• 3 weeks later...

^ This. This is exactly how it went. I haven't watched the other shows on the poll, but I really can't add anything to what Ryoji said.

Nowadays is it just hard doing a decent ending to an anime? I've seen plenty good or great anime endings, but that is not the case most of the times. Actually, I guess I was being nostalgic or something, even recent shows have decent endings, but they're rare. I'd say mainly due to most of them not being an faithful adaptation from the VN, LN or manga they came from, of because they are adapted themselves in order to be prolonged to the maximum, until they're no longer profitable. In my opinion, skilfully ending a series the coolest way possible, as in leaving a masterpiece behind should be the most satisfying feat an author could get, but maybe I'm just being naive and the money is what really counts (I hope it's not the case).

I think it would be ok if we knew that we were getting a sequel at some point. But in so many of the ones you mentioned, there is a decent chance we won't see a continuation and in the case of Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, the big plot point (other than history/economics) was that in the first episode, there was a sense of love between the two, yet not once did they kiss or even really act as if they were in any sort of relationship.

I am now getting my hands on the other ones in the list, I am worried about Oreshura and Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, because like you have mentioned, they seem like great shows, but I know at the end I'm gonna be left feeling a bit empty at the end. Guess I'll give them a go anyhow :(

As it stands, I'd almost give Zetsuen first place cause I love the OP.

Its kind of losing some points cause the main character looks a little like the guilty crown guy, just hoping he isnt as whiny as him. Only 5 eps in