Rewrite terra ending

periah250

Hi periah250,

First off, how was Rewrite overall for you? Did you enjoy it? :D

Regarding your inquiry of Terra Ending,

From Moon it was revealed that Moon-Kagari found the one true path that Kotarou can take to save the universe from Salvation, and that's what starts the Terra route. It's also why you are forced to take certain choices throughout the route; everything is predestined!

Now for the ending ending, basically

omg I actually forgot what happened LOL I'll get back to you.

I honestly don't understand what was difficult about the Terra ending...  if you read the Moon>Terra paths there should be no difficulty with comprehending it. 

About the only things people seem to miss is that the Earth's desire in the first place was for sentient life to use her up in the process of surviving, so 'good memories' were those that would lead to exodus of humans from the Earth. However, as it stood, Kagari still would have had to initiate Salvation, so Kotarou's role was to kill her after she obtained the 'good memories' and to become the first vehicle by which humanity might escape Earth (by becoming a tree like Sakuya and being transformed into a monster by Akane and the others).

Edit:  Another possible interpretation was that Kotarou's actions in killing Kagari were symbolic of the need to kill the Earth for the sake of human survival... but to be honest, I prefer my interpretation.

I honestly don't understand what was difficult about the Terra ending...  if you read the Moon>Terra paths there should be no difficulty with comprehending it. 

About the only things people seem to miss is that the Earth's desire in the first place was for sentient life to use her up in the process of surviving, so 'good memories' were those that would lead to exodus of humans from the Earth. However, as it stood, Kagari still would have had to initiate Salvation, so Kotarou's role was to kill her after she obtained the 'good memories' and to become the first vehicle by which humanity might escape Earth (by becoming a tree like Sakuya and being transformed into a monster by Akane and the others).

Edit:  Another possible interpretation was that Kotarou's actions in killing Kagari were symbolic of the need to kill the Earth for the sake of human survival... but to be honest, I prefer my interpretation.

There is one thing I would like to change about this interpretation.

From what I gather, Kotarou was able to accomplish his goal and show Kagari the good memories. However he was only able to finish his task after salvation began.

Kagari: That was a wonderful memory.

Kagari: Better than any I've seen

Kotarou: It was?

Kotarou: I did it in time?

Kagari: No

Kagari: Unfortunately...

Kagari: If only I'd seen this world a little bit sooner...I can't stop thinking that now.

Anyway I would also like to add some other stuff.

The good memories are as clephas stated.

"The ideal memory for Kagari... wouldn't that be the will and power to carve out a new future? Something humanity gave up on. Something people lost sight of when they started caring for the planet. Even if it means devouring our mother earth."

The technology of summoning familiars is just that and was popularised by kotarou through his network of children? Something about it being able to last a lot longer into the future then Guardians philosophy of doing anything for the present. To me the rewriting of kotarou and kagari into a single tree can have many interpretations so take your pick I guess :P

This is all from reading from the patched version so I'm not sure if anything was mistranslated or stuff.

A bit not related to the topic itself but...

(...) the Earth's desire in the first place was for sentient life to use her up in the process of surviving, so 'good memories' were those that would lead to exodus of humans from the Earth. (...).

Yes, finaly someone that sheares my opinion what those good memories supposed to be. After reading some discusions I was really doubting my understanging of the plot :P

I think I remember something along the lines of "bubble" or "shield" being mentioned in passing at the end. While I don't remember the exact quote, humanity's basically been reduced to a post-apocalypse fortress type of society. A sort of half-salvation took place. That combined with familiars' life-draining work to keep the population low enough that environmentalism is no longer needed. 

Kotarou has become a familiar with interstellar travel capabilities. His only goal when he is reborn is to gather enough life-energy to make the journey to the next habitable planet. Thus humanity can move onto the next stage of evolution, and Earth's wish is granted. "Go forth and multiply." 

I have a strong feeling that 'Rewrite' was super-influenced by the Bible. You've got Genesis, Exodus, a divine will,  a Messiah, a Devil... anyone recognise more?

Kagari and Kotarou even die for our sins, only for Kotarou to rise again and lead us to Paradise.

Actually, this is one of the pre-existing (modern) Gaia concepts, a humanocentric one... and thus not as popular to the average pagan.  Basically, the idea is that Earth is the nest that granted humanity life and sentience, and now that we are sentient, we have the duty to leave the nest, even if it means expending all other resources the planet possesses. 

It never really gained that much popularity as a theological idea... but it did exist.  If anything, this entire concept denies the idea of a devil, providing only a hero (the flawed martyr) and a variation on the earth goddess-mother archetype. 

lol... that tendency to read Biblical influence into everything is a bad habit of us Westerners. 

Actually, this is one of the pre-existing (modern) Gaia concepts, a humanocentric one... and thus not as popular to the average pagan.  Basically, the idea is that Earth is the nest that granted humanity life and sentience, and now that we are sentient, we have the duty to leave the nest, even if it means expending all other resources the planet possesses. 

It never really gained that much popularity as a theological idea... but it did exist.  If anything, this entire concept denies the idea of a devil, providing only a hero (the flawed martyr) and a variation on the earth goddess-mother archetype. 

lol... that tendency to read Biblical influence into everything is a bad habit of us Westerners. 

I would argue Sakura Kashima is at least a rather Satan-esque character.

The thing about seeing the Bible in everything is just that it's such an all-encompasing story that you could find it in anything. A lot of the Jesus story alone can be found in several civilisations' mythologies, to the an almost suspicious extent.

"Have you heard the good news of our lord and saviour, Jesus/Mithras/Horus/Krishna/Kotarou?" xP