JAST projects fast-paced release schedule for 2015

sanahtlig

According to a comment by the project manager in the new forums:

We're going to be releasing more titles in the coming 6 months than we did the previous 3 years combined. This is in one part due the natural time-lag of project start to finish, but on the second part with changes in staff within the company.

These are the titles released in the past 3 years (2012-2014):

Little Witch Romanesque
  Harajuku Dating Paradise
  Steins;Gate
  Saya's Song
  Moero Downhill Night Blaze
  School Days
  Yumina the Ethereal
  My Girlfriend is the President fandisc

Total: 8 (-1 if Little Witch Romanesque excluded)

This suggests most or all of the titles on their Tumblr page are planned be released in the next 6 months (release dates in parentheses): http://jastusa.tumblr.com/upcoming

Kana Okaeri (released)
  Starless
  Hanachirasu (March)
  Shiny Days
  Raidy 3
  Seinarukana

Total: 6 (+2 if both versions of Little Witch Romanesque are counted)

Other titles we know they're working on (translation started): http://forums.jastusa.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7341

Outlaw Django
  Sumaga
  Trample on Schatten
  Sweet Home

inb4 "We had to push back a couple months to check the quality, it'll come soon in 2016"

Hey at least they released Kana Okaeri, I was waiting for it instead of playing the original, hopefully it paid off.

Hopefully all these releases are actually happening, i'll stay skeptical for now.

Well, they have release dates on some of these projects. It does seem like they want to change how they operate. They let go of the guy who put Hanachirasu up for preorder many years ago and made plenty of other premature announcements, for example. I believe that Starless and Hanachirasu will actually release in the next few months, even if they get delayed again. Sumaga, well, it's hard to believe but the walls they've run into have already been overcome and they really do seem to be right near the finish line on that. Makoto has recently stepped down from his role of TLCing/editing every single release, so that probably means his work on Sumaga is done and he's back translating Django again. Seinarukana is legitimately ready for release. The team has done nothing to it for months, they've dusted their hands and moved on already, and claim  that it's good to go. I guess JAST is just trying to find a good time to release it. Shiny Days is maybe a little more questionable, they claim it will be out by summer but that assumes they won't decide to overhaul the translation. Makoto's not on the job anymore though so they'll probably just ram it through as is. It's actually a contracted Sekai Project translation, so here's hoping that it's at least a little bit better than their previously released translations.

Seinarukana and Sumaga release @ 2015 ... yeah right lol

If this is gonna actually happen i learn japanese for the sake of playing the Top 5 bottom VN´s on VNDB

Are you actually going to hold yourself to this?

People who make these kinds of remarks aren't actually paying attention to what's happening behind the scenes.