The Last of Us

Tatsujin

I played the PS3 version and freaking loved it. I heard how amazing the PS4's version is so I waited it out until the price dropped to 30 USD and purchased it. Dat 60 FPS, far-off land I could see and eye-popping graphics made the experience much better. Of course I got the other goodies as well plus the DLC 'Left Behind'. I beat the game in two days and surprisingly I was much better than I was on the PS3. Probably because of the fast reaction and constant 60 FPS.

I won't say much, those who played it know how awesome this game is. My only problem is the terrible friendly AI that doesn't know how to hide and how to help out (with the exception of Ellie and Tommy, they're bad ass).

I loved TLOU's storylines (both the main as well as the DLC), but I was never a fan of the multiplayer.  I did buy the PS4 copy just so I could have a fantastic game I could always fall back on if I ever get bored of the system, and I had a similar experience.

The only real problem with the game, aside from the questionable multiplayer, is the lack of realism when AI run directly in front of enemies and don't get caught.

"Oh, excuse me while I just walk up to you while you're looking for me to kill me...will you chase me if I moon you?"  Twenty or so seconds of consideration later, I swear I could picture them just having a conversation.

But overall, it's a 10/10 game.  No question.

Yeah, Resident Evil lost all hope after RE2 in 1998. RE3 was alright. I liked RE Voranica (or whatever it is called) and I never got into RE4 but I heard it is really good. But I dislike how things went afterwards ... RE totally died for me. Dead Space 1 and 2 were great horror games, 3 was shit and didn't even bother with finishing it.

The Last of Us redefined survival and horror game together. I wish it was longer and it had more side-stories. I don't like the AI as much, both on the enemy and friendly side. They're not as smart. But it's excusable since the game is pretty darn good.

I loved TLOU's storylines (both the main as well as the DLC), but I was never a fan of the multiplayer.  I did buy the PS4 copy just so I could have a fantastic game I could always fall back on if I ever get bored of the system, and I had a similar experience.

The only real problem with the game, aside from the questionable multiplayer, is the lack of realism when AI run directly in front of enemies and don't get caught.

Yeah, Resident Evil lost all hope after RE2 in 1998. RE3 was alright. I liked RE Voranica (or whatever it is called) and I never got into RE4 but I heard it is really good. But I dislike how things went afterwards ... RE totally died for me. Dead Space 1 and 2 were great horror games, 3 was shit and didn't even bother with finishing it.

The Last of Us redefined survival and horror game together. I wish it was longer and it had more side-stories. I don't like the AI as much, both on the enemy and friendly side. They're not as smart. But it's excusable since the game is pretty darn good.

Markiplier's playthrough of TLoU

43:09 friggen' hilarious

this guy is .... so bad at this game lol, like really bad. Not crafting to make room for stuff, using gun at point-blank range (I rarely use guns on clickers and runners), doesn't attack, doesn't attract them with noises in a place and using the flame bottle to burn them all at once, doesn't do proper sneaking, didn't use full shiv to open a room to goodies ... man!!! what else is this ...

Well, first timers are always like this. I remember taking about like an hour or two trying to get past the room with 3 runners walking around and two clickers standing still, that's the first encounter in the entire game. Didn't know how to deal with them then learned the hard way and started choking them, melee, stabbing and shooting the clickers from long distances. Ah the good old days. Though with the PS4, my second run that is, I went through those things pretty fast. I used shivs specifically for clickers.

the game is not really hard but even for an action game the combat it's really good and this is a survival game (dont know if you can call it survival horror) very few games have accomplished what this game did, good plot+awesome combat(with a well implemented stealth system!!!)+a partner that doesnt behave like an idiot and it is actually helpful+good graphics.

melee combat and gun combat is pretty awesome - it's still the single game that 'does it right' for those categories. I just love this game for those two features.

I'm disappointed in The Order gameplay, like when the main character got shot he just stood there and took the bullets like a boss without any real reaction to the bullets. Plus the same melee boring attacks ... so that game is not worth the 60 USD, probably 25 or 30USD or just wait until the game becomes free on PS Plus.

I hope another amazing game like The Last of Us comes out with more critical details to how a real person would actually react to attacks and how they would use things around them to kill their enemies.

When an enemy shots at Joel and misses, like it's almost near-hit, Joel reacts and kind of ducks and the camera wavers around and the controller vibrates. I mean that's really intense ... and when Joel gets shot, the physics of the bullet, where it hit him and all forces his body to move in that direction so taking cover is just essential (in most cases).

Anyways, with what they've learned from Last of Us, perhaps Naughty Dog will adapt all of those realistic features in Uncharted: A Thief's End.

I know that a lot of the mechanics came from Uncharted game, but Last of Us's real-time combat feels more realistic and they have more features than any Uncharted game at the moment (besides aerobatic jumping).