What The Previous Year Entailed For Me (Yes I'm a few hours late)

Funyarinpa

2014, in a single phrase, was "Visual Novel" for me. 

Around January, because of a friend in a local forum insisted, I decided to play 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors.

It was easy enough to find the ROM and an emulator, as the game is DS exclusive.

In two-three weeks, the game was done. I'd gone through all endings, and loved most of them. The true ending left upon me a mark I still bear: My love for visual novels.

At this point I'd just gotten a 3DS. Knowing my now-favorite game had a sequel, I knew I had to play Virtue's Last Reward. Coincidentally, around the middle of February, the game went on sale, and Virtue's Last Reward was mine.

I played through that game in several weeks as well. The moment I finished the true ending, I called the very same forum friend. I thanked him over and over.

The moment I'd ended that call, I'd changed.

Eventually I stumbled upon Ever17, and soon, Fuwanovel. 

Then... I'm here. I love you guys. I love this community, I love the jokes, I love spending time here, I love discussing VN's with you:

You've all made my life better.

I thank you all.

If you love being called an idiot for spoiling yourself about games you haven't played yet, so be it. Each to their own.

Did you know you were the first person I actually talked to on Fuwanovel?

It was about how messed up Remember11's ending was.

I didn't know I was the first person you talked to, but I do remember that conversation. Good times.