5pb./Mages New Project

kyrt

So anyone have any guesses as to what this new text adventure might be? 

5pb. composer Chiyomaru Shikura commented on his Twitter account about the visual,saying, "The monumental and greatest work in text adventure game history... I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about, right?"

b57dr3pcyaeg5mb.jpg-large.jpg

The rumor is that this might somehow be a remake of YU-NO. It does seem likely that this is going to be a visual novel and not an anime project but we won't know til a bit later. If it is a remake of YU-NO how would people feel? Will update this post once more info is known.

Confirmed to be remake of YU-NO.

I just want to make clear that so far there's no indication that whatever this is will actually be xbox one exclusive, please don't get enraged at 5pb because of my joke, wait for the facts.

You can't blame people, that joke was too realistic. :D

Still hoping for Chaos;Child to be timed exclusive.

The rumor is that this might somehow be a remake of YU-NO. It does seem likely that this is going to be a visual novel and not an anime project but we won't know til a bit later. If it is a remake of YU-NO how would people feel? Will update this post once more info is known.

very very happy i guess? i`m a fan of Yu-no, its one of those vn that i rarely save since i keep readin and readin till i`m very tired.

I dont mind the old school art since it have their own charm, and i`m intrested seein/readin Yu-no with newer arts.

I'm not sure the two are related. 5pb has a lot of stuff they may never bring to the states. Well, if the console version of S;G is successful, that may prompt R;N, C;H, and C;C releases (although they may just skip R;N if they think the cel shading is too dated or its too late to release a 360/ps3 game), they'd definitely look at those before they consider YU-NO. They first have to establish that home console VNs (with no gameplay) are viable in the States.

edit: And although what I said about the xbone was just a joke, this IS 5pb we're talking about here, so don't expect a PC version, expect it to be PS4/xbone/PSV at the most.

Tbh, i think that the PC market is the more viable for visual novels.

Most of those interested in VNs have PCs, most of them want to read their VNs in their room, and i'm pretty sure no one want to display H-scenes in front of their parents.

Also, steam's commission is the lowest comparred to Xbox and Playstation.

Next, the gaming base on steam is suffisently huge to entertain a viable market.

And finaly, Steam is worldwide, meaning they can treat the entire world market like one market.

Just a quick head's up was confirmed to be YU-NO remake. No mention of platform or the like. I'll get excited if it is a PC remake.

Hm...IMO Yuno is one of those vn that okay with/out H-scenes, so i really dont mind if they released it in Vita. However Pc version itself have many plus side rather than downside.

and please...no Xbox or Playstation.

Tbh, i think that the PC market is the more viable for visual novels.

Most of those interested in VNs have PCs, most of them want to read their VNs in their room, and i'm pretty sure no one want to display H-scenes in front of their parents.

Also, steam's commission is the lowest comparred to Xbox and Playstation.

Next, the gaming base on steam is suffisently huge to entertain a viable market.

And finaly, Steam is worldwide, meaning they can treat the entire world market like one market.

Well, Chaos Head and Steins Gates' console versions most probably outsold the PC versions in Japan, otherwise why would 5pb go consoles only for that series? Your anecdotal experience probably doesn't translate to the Japanese VN market.