Good Warring State / Sengoku Games?

crunchytaco

Well, there's Sengoku Gensokyo game, fan Touhou-game inspired with Sengoku Rance. While it is obvious it's fan-made game; it is really good one. And has quite nice music.

The only thing that was irritiating me, it was not consistent style of game sprites. It pains how different those are.

Huh. So you actually played Nobunaga's Ambition after hearing it from Oda Nobuna no Yabou...

We're the same then.

I was pulled into the Sengoku era fandom because of Oda Nobuna and Sengoku Rance. I don't regret it one bit. I spent a lot of time reading in Wikipedia though...

If you want a Sengoku-era game, go do Total War: Shogun. Though I never really got into it, since I have a lot of things to do. It's a tactical type of game, using formations and commands to focus on an enemy and eliminate their forces using the different options available for you. It's a good strategy game.

Of course, if you like conquest games, Daibanchou is a good choice. The character clears are absurd though. You can also try the other Nobunaga's Ambition games if you want to.

Damn. I remember playing that and getting betrayed by Katsuie on our first battle. Fucking general.

If you like conquest games in general, there are a number of games out there for you. An example would be HoI, or Heart of Iron. I forgot the others, so I can't really recommend.

Goodluck~

If you want a Sengoku-era game, go do Total War: Shogun. Though I never really got into it, since I have a lot of things to do. It's a tactical type of game, using formations and commands to focus on an enemy and eliminate their forces using the different options available for you. It's a good strategy game.

I second this. The Total War: Shogun 2 is well made and really good. Way to many hours spent on this game.

Otherwise I would try looking for movies. I am out of ideas of games.

Well, there's Sengoku Gensokyo game, fan Touhou-game inspired with Sengoku Rance. While it is obvious it's fan-made game; it is really good one. And has quite nice music.

The only thing that was irritiating me, it was not consistent style of game sprites. It pains how different those are.

I've never played a Touhou game. This looks interesting, but the art does kind of look like generic anime.

Looks like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHcSEyLawGQ

Thank you. Reminds me of dynasty warriors.

Huh. So you actually played Nobunaga's Ambition after hearing it from Oda Nobuna no Yabou...

We're the same then.

I was pulled into the Sengoku era fandom because of Oda Nobuna and Sengoku Rance. I don't regret it one bit. I spent a lot of time reading in Wikipedia though...

Of course, if you like conquest games, Daibanchou is a good choice. The character clears are absurd though. You can also try the other Nobunaga's Ambition games if you want to.

Damn. I remember playing that and getting betrayed by Katsuie on our first battle. Fucking general.

If you like conquest games in general, there are a number of games out there for you. An example would be HoI, or Heart of Iron. I forgot the others, so I can't really recommend.

Goodluck~

I'm still reading Nobuna, which in turn makes me want to replay Sengoku Rance every time. It's a little horrible my impression of Sengoku Japan is from an eroge like Rance. I much prefer the female Usuegi Kenshin theory which I would have no idea existed without Rance too. 

I also like how Nobuna no Yabou makes mention of Zhuge Liang from Romance of the Three Kingdoms when talking about Hanbei. Before reading Nobuna no Yabou, I saw a Hong Kong Tv Series that had almost the EXACT same concept except you replace Sengoku Japan with warring state China. Although time traveling isn't anything new, I'm pretty sure they ripped off Nobuna no Yabou (in a good way.) The two protagonists fill the same roles as retainers, and both of them predict the future using their game knowledge lol. It's a little cheesy, but still light years better than any live action produced in Japan. I recommend looking up the series on google if you want to see a parody of the Three Kingdoms or just get into it.

But yeah, I've tried some out the games you recommended. Daibanchou's a little too unpolished for me after just playing Sengoku Rance, but who knows. I might get back into it. 

I second this. The Total War: Shogun 2 is well made and really good. Way to many hours spent on this game.

Otherwise I would try looking for movies. I am out of ideas of games.

There's a pretty famous movie of about Takeda Shingen vs Usuegi Kenshin. I'm thinking about watching it. Reality vs. cute anime drawings makes the transition a little slow for us. 

I sunk so many hours into the Nobunaga's Ambition and ROTK games. I think Ive still got about 5 of them total.

Ill third the Shogun 2 suggestion. If you get the Fall of the Samurai DLC its like getting a whole new game as well.

The only other one I can think of off the top of my head is Kessen 3 for the PS2. Kessen 1 ostensibly deals with The Battle of Sekigahara, but really goes of the rails in terms of historical accuracy. Kessen 3 sticks closer to the source material until about two-thirds of the way through the game, and is overall a much better game. Ill post again if I can find a youtube clip or something.

I'm still reading Nobuna, which in turn makes me want to replay Sengoku Rance every time. It's a little horrible my impression of Sengoku Japan is from an eroge like Rance. I much prefer the female Uesugi Kenshin theory which I would have no idea existed without Rance too. 

I think it's amazing that Rance was able to incorporate that theory into the game.

I don't see any reason not to though.

After all, most of the women in the Rance series is strong.

What can an addition of one warrior with a level 70 cap possibly do to break the game?

Have the Goddess of War skill.

I also like how Nobuna no Yabou makes mention of Zhuge Liang from Romance of the Three Kingdoms when talking about Hanbei. Before reading Nobuna no Yabou, I saw a Hong Kong Tv Series that had almost the EXACT same concept except you replace Sengoku Japan with warring state China. 

Ain't the Three Kingdoms basically Koihime Musou in eroge form? Or was it Romance of the Three Kingdoms? I really like media with a touch of history in them, especially wartime history. It kind of gives us an idea of how things came to be.

But yeah, I've tried some out the games you recommended. Daibanchou's a little too unpolished for me after just playing Sengoku Rance, but who knows. I might get back into it. 

Daibanchou is older than Sengoku Rance. It is also given that it has a different gameplay than that of Sengoku Rance, since Alicesoft loves changing gameplays. You really shouldn't compare the two. Although it's more appealing to a person if the units he plays are armies, rather than commanders.

Commanders are good too.