How do I make VNs work on Macs?

Kimanor

I have a friend who really wants to get into visual novels, but he owns only macs. We tried downloading Rewrite, but the sprites, animations, and text would flicker, and the text would get warped. This was done using fuwanovel of course, and also he tried to run it using bootcamp and parallels.

So I come to this, is there any way to make visual novels work on Macs? Are there any that will for sure work on Macs?

I've used to read vn's on my mac a couple times when I was on trips. I can't see why vm's wouldn't work. Both fusion and parallels are viable for this task. Also, an even easier option is to simply install Windows with bootcamp and switch to windows whenever you want to read (you can share the same data space, so there is no need to allocate that much drive space).

I've used to read vn's on my mac a couple times when I was on trips. I can't see why vm's wouldn't work. Both fusion and parallels are viable for this task. Also, an even easier option is to simply install Windows with bootcamp and switch to windows whenever you want to read (you can share the same data space, so there is no need to allocate that much drive space).

Very strange. I think when I see the graphic error again, I will try to record the screen and post it here.

Parallels works wonderfully well for me. The problem might come from Rewrite itself. I think I have the game somewhere I'll try to see if it plays correctly.

Thanks, that would help. I know Rewrite has had issues for me before on Windows 8, where it would work for weeks and then never work again.