First time reading Fate Stay

Dark Ariel7

Yes this and ofcourse last battle with Shirou with slow church theme playing - MADNESS.

BTW he was never bad (if ever he was misslead by Gilgamesh in Zero) he was a aberation born to be bad,  but still desperetly tried to be good anyway. It is great and moving story unlike anything I have ever seen

*plays music and reads* T.T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L1DEvzsftw

"He was born defective. His birth was some kind of mistake. He concluded that if his existence was a mistake, it was best to disappear. And he went to bid goodbye to the woman before he died. He made her his wife as an experiment, so it's his natural duty to go tell her of his end. The woman loved Kotomine. Kotomine tried to love the woman. That's all there is to this story."

Okay, derailment has been stopped.  I was wonder, by the way, what was everyone's favorite ends to F/sn's routes?  I don't mean the bad ends, only the actual conclusions to the routes themselves.  I've only completed Fate's automatic True end and UBW and HF's good ends, so I'm a little curious.

Favourite ends, not routes? If the Last Episode counts, then this by far. Otherwise it would be Saber's or Rins true end.

Saber's end was predictable, but the inevitability of the outcome was also so great. At least if you care about Saber's ideals and her fate.

Rin's true end: Tohsaka, nuff said. The good end felt kinda tacked on, doesn't make any sense and defeats the purpose of the Saber/Rin true end for me.

In HF I liked some bad/dead ends better than the actual endings.

The bad end from Black Saber's perspective was interesting - I think that was the only bad end in F/SN with actual information in it. I also wanted to kill Sakura at every opportunity, so they didn't felt wrong - except that Shirou never managed to do it :\.

I wondered why the music from those two videos sounds so weird, even though I have read F/SN, but they are from the PS2 version and not the remixed Vita version (which I actually prefer). So that's why.

Favourite ends, not routes? If the Last Episode counts, then this by far. Otherwise it would be Saber's or Rins true end.

Saber's end was predictable, but the inevitability of the outcome was also so great. At least if you care about Saber's ideals and her fate.

Rin's true end: Tohsaka, nuff said. The good end felt kinda tacked on, doesn't make any sense and defeats the purpose of the Saber/Rin true end for me.

In HF I liked some bad/dead ends better than the actual endings.

The bad end from Black Saber's perspective was interesting - I think that was the only bad end in F/SN with actual information in it. I also wanted to kill Sakura at every opportunity, so they didn't felt wrong - except that Shirou never managed to do it :\.

I wondered why the music from those two videos sounds so weird, even though I have read F/SN, but they are from the PS2 version and not the remixed Vita version (which I actually prefer). So that's why.

Actually the OST video I posted is from the original 2004 PC version, it's just looped to last 24 minutes or so.

Actually the OST video I posted is from the original 2004 PC version, it's just looped to last 24 minutes or so.

Just a little soundtrack rant, go away you're not interested:

I thought Nintendo Maniac 64 used the PS2 version of the F/SN OST in his videos and the releases of the fanpatches... Actually, the PS2 OST is just a remastered version of the 2004 PC version. It sounds the same, just less blurry and dull. It really is an improvement to the 2004 PC version, as far as my investigations led me to believe. I also think it's unlikely that he used the 2004 PC version in the videos because there is no complete OST available for the 2004 PC version. Only the PS2 (and only the limited edition) and the Vita versions have a complete OST release. It is finickiness, but for example New Dawn 2 wasn't featured on the 2004 PC OST release and I doubt that version on YouTube is a stingy ~ 96 kbps ogg game rip.

But please take that as just a piece of information, I don't want to make anyone look like a fool.

Just a little soundtrack rant, go away you're not interested:

I thought Nintendo Maniac 64 used the PS2 version of the F/SN OST in his videos and the releases of the fanpatches... Actually, the PS2 OST is just a remastered version of the 2004 PC version. It sounds the same, just less blurry and dull. It really is an improvement to the 2004 PC version, as far as my investigations led me to believe. I also think it's unlikely that he used the 2004 PC version in the videos because there is no complete OST available for the 2004 PC version. Only the PS2 (and only the limited edition) and the Vita versions have a complete OST release. It is finickiness, but for example New Dawn 2 wasn't featured on the 2004 PC OST release and I doubt that version on YouTube is a stingy ~ 96 kbps ogg game rip.

But please take that as just a piece of information, I don't want to make anyone look like a fool.

But if I'm not mistaken even before Realta Nua there were OST releases, I maybe wrong so I wont push on the matter too much, but don't worry I didn't take your comment in a bad way ;).

But if I'm not mistaken even before Realta Nua there were OST releases, I maybe wrong so I wont push on the matter too much, but don't worry I didn't take your comment in a bad way ;).

You're not mistaken, but there was only this one OST release for the PC version besides the obligatory few vocal song CDs (proof). And this version is sadly not a full OST because it's cheap on amazon...

To get somehow back on topic (which is also off-topic): I was more surprised than agitated by the backstory of Kirei - or more the fact that the VN presents you a short one. I can't say I sympathized for him.

To get somehow back on topic (which is also off-topic): I was more surprised than agitated by the backstory of Kirei - or more the fact that the VN presents you a short one. I can't say I sympathized for him.

I don't think it was meant for you to sympathize with Kirei. Rather, it was just to expand on how long he's been like that. And yeah, it was surprising. Who knew he'd have a wife.

I wasn't exactly agitated, I just liked how Nasu built his character and wrote of a side of him I wasn't expecting to come through in the actual story. I found him much more likable than Fate route's Shirou tbh. Also, as long as we are discussing F/SN it can't really be considered off-topic.

HF mostly, surprisingly the back story Kirei gets in Fate/ Zero does not add to his character in any way, its mostly just fluff. 

It seems I've been given more than enough reason to finish all the routes of F/sn.

With time I shall indulge.

Heavens feel is just not doing it for me. I have zero interest in Sakura. I just can bring myself to care when Saber and Rin are so much better and there the whole route. I just find myself wishing that I could talk to Saber or Rin more whenever I see them. But what do I get? Sakura. I am only finishing it for the completion.

Also how much do I need to read Hollow?

How much of the content for FSN. Do I need all the endings or the Re Nua content for it to make sense? What route is it a continuation from? I saw caster alive in there and her master in like the ten minutes that I played.

Basically everything, because as far as I'm concerned, it will reference everything from F/SN. And besides, Avenger is there. He's literally a core story element in Heaven's Feel.

Heavens feel is just not doing it for me. I have zero interest in Sakura. I just can bring myself to care when Saber and Rin are so much better and there the whole route. I just find myself wishing that I could talk to Saber or Rin more whenever I see them. But what do I get? Sakura. I am only finishing it for the completion.

Hang in there. I didn't like Sakura much and couldn't care less about her but I thought HF went from 'why-am-I-reading-this? (besides-reading-more-F/SN-because-F/SN-is-great!)' to 'now-that's-exciting!' around day 14. The finale is great and the Last Episode is more than worth it to trudge through HF, especially if you liked Saber's route.

Also how much do I need to read Hollow?