English folk

Lefon

So after hanging around here a bit and FSG i realised there werent many english people sat around drinking tea. so im calling all english people to this thread reveal your selves and make your self known. those that do reveal them selves i shall have top hats and tea waiting.

code-geass-cosplay-charles-di-britannia-

Raised in England. Not every Englishman enjoys tea, but we all agree that iced tea is heresy.

By the way, I should note that the Britannians of Code Geass are successors of the Thirteen Colonies. They are not in control of England or any part of Britain. Therefore, they are not purely English. If anything, they are yanks.

Raised in England. Not every Englishman enjoys tea, but we all agree that iced tea is heresy.

By the way, I should note that the Britannians of Code Geass are successors of the Thirteen Colonies. They are not in control of England or any part of Britain. Therefore, they are not purely English. If anything, they are yanks.

I actually had no idea, i assumed since the state was called Britannia it was orginally british and the english were evil people in the anime.

really im not into tea its just a funny sterotype

I actually had no idea, i assumed since the state was called Britannia it was orginally british and the english were evil people in the anime.

really im not into tea its just a funny sterotype

Na. The English aren't truly natives of Britannia. They were the result of Anglo-Saxon invasions. The English were natives of Jütland, a peninsula shared between Germany and Denmark.

anglo-saxons2.jpg

Also note how Britannia does not control Britannia.

New_CG_Map.JPG

Well, I was born in Britain, and lived there for almost 10 years. Though if you know me at all, I'd shudder at the prospect of anyone calling me a Westerner, let alone a Brit. But nevertheless, tea is indeed good! 

And since we're throwing random Britain-related-facts, I'll add that the Sudanese were one of the few to defeat the British empire in its full strength. Imagine an army equipped with spears and swords defeating a modern army equipped with muskets and cannon. The English even made a movie about it, and despite it being over half a decade old, I'd say its pretty cool.

Here's a seen from the movie: 

Imagine an army equipped with spears and swords defeating a modern army equipped with muskets and cannon.

I could imagine that. Theoretically, melee infantry could win if their numbers were overwhelming or if the riflemen were caught unprepared. Plus, the riflemen were trained to fight other riflemen- not spear-wielding war bands.

I'm... not British!

But Babiker just gave me an idea why some people on here could speak English in a clean accent. My memory maybe off, but his accent sounds almost California like the last time I saw a youtube video he made.

I wonder if anyone on these forums think we sound like surfers.

I was a child in Britain, and even then I would travel across the country, from a city next to London to the highlands of Scotland, so my accent would change where ever I went. Its been almost a decade since then, and my only source of english is through Movies/songs/novels, that are mostly American... So yeah, Iost the accent ^_^||

I was a child in Britain, and even then I would travel across the country, from a city next to London to the highlands of Scotland, so my accent would change where ever I went. Its been almost a decade since then, and my only source of english is through Movies/songs/novels, that are mostly American... So yeah, Iost the accent ^_^||

They don't dub Anime in Britsh English for you over there? Cup of ocha and all that.

Now that I think about it, I'm going to search for some British anime.

There's Licensed by Royalty but it takes place in an alternate England. I've read the dub was good while the rest of it was not noteworthy. 

They don't dub Anime in Britsh English for you over there? Cup of ocha and all that.
That's costly. Having separate Yank and Brit English dubs would be very pricey. There's licensing, VA salaries, etc.
They should start having the British dub anime.