Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Stray Cat

Since it's going to be released in Japan in a couple of days I figured it's time to start this thread.   What characters are you most excited for?   News? Discussion? etc. 

Looks like the demo released has some new character information including Dark Pit, Falco, and Ness. http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/11/dark-pit-ness-falco-ganondorf-confirmed-super-smash-bros/

I have always been a fan of Falco as a SSB character.

I think Nintendo is going downhill though, their former glory has been tainted as time goes on. I bought a WiiU because I have always loved Nintendo, and I honestly haven't touched it in months. SSB isn't very high on my priority list. I'm much more interested in the new Zelda releases, but maybe someday I'll get around to it.

Do they have a gcn-ish controller for it? Ssbm is one of my all time fav games, but the wiimote is like Satan's idea for a controller. I don't own a WiiU, but the existence of this game with a new controller, or old adaptation of one, would get me halfway to buying one. Wii fit trainer looks amazingly fun!

People buy story based games all the time expecting only to play them a run or two, but I've played Melee for hundreds and hundreds of hours. A hundred at least for Brawl as well, despite it being a much worse game. It's worth way more than what most games sell at imo, if the legacy is to be believed. It also looks better than Brawl. Tripping op

I'm amazed by how many people are interested in it for 3ds. I didn't even consider that an option. Though I've contemplated buying one for Fire Emblem: Awakening, which I hear is the best of an already amazing series. Though it'll be hard to outshine Lady Lyndis... erm I'm off topic... Nintendo has made a huge deal about promoting this game (so much coverage!)

I'm amazed by how many people are interested in it for 3ds. I didn't even consider that an option. Though I've contemplated buying one for Fire Emblem: Awakening, which I hear is the best of an already amazing series. Though it'll be hard to outshine Lady Lyndis... erm I'm off topic... Nintendo has made a huge deal about promoting this game (so much coverage!)

I think it goes to show how many people don't have a Wii U.   Aside from that, the portable aspect is convenient for quick online matches. 

Also looks like we get the Demo too on September 19th. http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/12/super-smash-bros-3ds-demo-reaches-north-america-september-19th/

I'm not sure I'd by a 3DS for Smash, but as someone who already has the console it's a no-brainer. Same if I had a Wii U. And the reason more people have 3DS' than Wii U's is the insane amount of good games on the system. For what seemed like a fairly gimmicky console at first, it has an amazing line up. I don't even use the 3D, I just like the console for all its good games. I'd say it has at least 5 separate games that by themselves would be considered "console sellers" to different people, probably more.

I'm not sure I'd by a 3DS for Smash, but as someone who already has the console it's a no-brainer. Same if I had a Wii U. And the reason more people have 3DS' than Wii U's is the insane amount of good games on the system. For what seemed like a fairly gimmicky console at first, it has an amazing line up. I don't even use the 3D, I just like the console for all its good games. I'd say it has at least 5 separate games that by themselves would be considered "console sellers" to different people, probably more.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have the money (nor desire) to shell out $75 for this game, and I really hate the demo play limitation now. It's quite fun.

However, Nintendo's systems are too archaic (Demo limitation at this day and age) and its EU prices are simply unacceptable. Will probably wait for a sale on Playasia or something, if I ever decide to buy this game.

I don't have the money (nor desire) to shell out $75 for this game, and I really hate the demo play limitation now. It's quite fun.

However, Nintendo's systems are too archaic (Demo limitation at this day and age) and its EU prices are simply unacceptable. Will probably wait for a sale on Playasia or something, if I ever decide to buy this game.