Robot Anime Discussion

Down

Following a bit of derailing in the Valvrave thread, I decided to split into a thread where we can randomly discuss our love for robot anime and fight for which one is the best.

-----

What do you mean "bad reputation" I thought most people agreed that Guilty Crown was pretty good. At least I've never seen much bashing.

If it has machines inside that fight each other, it's a mecha show. But in general yeah it is, some people don't see it as mecha.

I see it as THE GRAND EPIC OF ALL EPICS! ........... I like it a lot. And I like Kill la Kill just as much (damn it continue the story!). I has all BDs for Kill la Kill .. .and that last BD volume's art box made me speechless .... I'll just take two quick pictures of the awesomeness:

fwfe5yIH.png

62qDtvd5.png

Yeah it's really hard to choose between Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill. I like them both a lot.

I see you want to invite the haters to challenge you today :P.

I was obsessed with Evangelion when it came out. I'm glad I moved on from HIdeki's mental asylum though.

If Muv Luv Alternative ever gets a proper anime adaption, I will swear with blood to never look at another Mecha.

Gotta defend your territory =p

Evangelion is a trap. The more you watch it, the more you become the otaku it adresses to. And the more you like it.

...of course MLA getting a proper anime adaptation (Bones pls) would be anime of the century. Can't see that happening any time soon sadly.

And uh, yeah, I think the conversation derailed. Good thing a mod can't derail threads, merely reorient them in another direction :ph34r:

Seriously though, sorry Dark Ariel, I guess we can get back to Valvrave now...

You know man, I never freaking understood Evangelion ... that shit seriously doesn't make sense in a lot of corners. Is it from a manga or something?

I also second Macross Frontier. That's one of the 'best' Mecha battles, ever. I hope they ditch the noticeable CG movements and all. I like it very much. Ah I know I mentioned this before, Gargantia has some really nice mecha battles too (the ending made my jaw drop!).

You know man, I never freaking understood Evangelion ... that shit seriously doesn't make sense in a lot of corners. Is it from a manga or something?

I also second Macross Frontier. That's one of the 'best' Mecha battles, ever. I hope they ditch the noticeable CG movements and all. I like it very much. Ah I know I mentioned this before, Gargantia has some really nice mecha battles too (the ending made my jaw drop!).

macross zero also has some amazing battle sequences and personally I liked the style of cg they used, it really gave the look of machinery for the fighters. 

Splitted stuff to stay consistent with the topic.

No, it's anime original.

Usually when you watch Evangelion the first time you kinda understand the overall plot, but tons (like TONS) of questions are left. It's not really inconsistency or stuff not making sense, just questions for which you don't have an outright answer because the series is really extremely dense.

That gives it a really huge rewatch value, too. But you can still get a lot of entertainment and some depth out of your first watch so it's not a hindrance.

In terms of Mecha fights, I guess TTGL wins, in terms of story, Code Geass wins. While in terms of "wtf am I watching" mechas, Gotta say Evangelion win hands down. Not to mention Evangelion 4.0 is coming out hopefully next year after all the "WTF" they gave on 3.0......

Oh almost forgot but if Urobuchi went on madokapsychofatezero twists with Aldnoah.Zero...... well I guess we'll have to see....

In terms of Mecha fights, I guess TTGL wins, in terms of story, Code Geass wins. While in terms of "wtf am I watching" mechas, Gotta say Evangelion win hands down. Not to mention Evangelion 4.0 is coming out hopefully next year after all the "WTF" they gave on 3.0......

Oh almost forgot but if Urobuchi went on madokapsychofatezero twists with Aldnoah.Zero...... well I guess we'll have to see....

If you are talking about scale them you are right, but I would not say that they were the best battles.