Saying hi to you

ff80c38

Welp, I'm not good at introductions but maybe it'll be fun.

Despite being a new member I'm frequenting these forums for quite some time now. I mainly registered now to thank a Translator here (and because it seems that the Fuwa community isn't that fixated on piracy anymore. IIRC you couldn't say anything against piracy without being hanged back then... Oh well, this should be an introduction, no analysis.). While I'm here, I hope to have fun and get along with you.

Okay, something about me:
I'm from Germany and am reading VNs for about 1½ years now. It all started - typical - with me stumbling upon KS and trying to find something similar to it. I don't think my further VN journey is that enthralling, so I skip that part.

I'm a huge Ace Attorney, Zero Escape and Steins;Gate fan, though my favourite genres are romance and drama.

Besides VNs I like to play RPGs, (Point & Plick) Adventures and anything with a good story or soundtrack. Oh yeah, VGM is another blossoming passion of mine =).

I think that's it. Anything I forgot?

Edit - Anime: I don't watch that much. Once in a while it's natty for relaxing but I miss the immersion and characterisation I have in VNs. So I prefer romance/ecchi/comedy Anime with a shallow plot.

Edited by ff80c38

Well hello.

As i dont know that you have read yet i will just copy paste something i typed recently;

Fate/stay night is a must play. It is nothing like the anime thing that carries its name. Hopefully it wil finally have the unlimited blade works route adapted next season.

And we just have a new patch that has translated the realta nua version of the game. (wich is an all ages game so it does away with the H stuff and replaces it by something else)

http://vndb.org/v11

Tsukihime Another must play, and no this one does not have a anime adaption.

http://vndb.org/v7 (it is ancient, got no voice and no music. But it is so good)

Muv Luv series, now Muv Luv extra is not that good and Unlimited is merely good but alternative is definitly a must read and to understand it completely you need to have read these two first.

(I so hope muv luv alternative get's an anime adaption at some point)

http://vndb.org/v93 (extra/unlimited) yes they are packed into one game

http://vndb.org/v92 (alternative)

g senjou maou Is also a must read.

http://vndb.org/v211

Other than that there is Grisaia no Kajitsu wich is also a must read.

http://vndb.org/v5154

See the vnd links for more info on the vn's.

And check out the ranking it is a decent indication of what as worth your while assuming enough fotes have been cast.

Of course that does not take personal preference into accoun't

Hope you enjoy them :)

Edit: you forgot your anime preferences :P

Wait I just checked your vndb list and....... no type moon game on there ......... :angry:

Death penalty.

Unless you go read one now.

i mean seriously you have read so many vn's already and fate/stay night is not on there.

Then you are doing something wrong with finding your vn's :ph34r:

It's always nice to have another P&C adventure fan around! What's your favorite adventure game? :)

That's a tough question... I would say DotT or Deponia, I can't really decide. Monkey Island was fun and good, but the puzzles were sometimes a tad random and the story was too shallow. Oh man, I remember trying to get the 4th piece of the treasure map in ME2, I was stuck for weeks -.-.

Wait I just checked your vndb list and....... no type moon game on there ......... :angry:

Death penalty.

Unless you go read one now.

i mean seriously you have read so many vn's already and fate/stay night is not on there.

Then you are doing something wrong with finding your vn's :ph34r:

Hey, please don't kill me! Is this the way how newbies are greeted (except you are playing EVE: Online)? It's not that I don't want to read fate/stay night, but the amazon.co.jp DL version seems to be down and otherwise it's hard to get a copy anywhere :\.

Welcome to Fuwa, A.K.A. Promised Loli Land! Have a loli:

AudNRem.png

You seem to be experienced with VNs, but where's Umineko no Naku Koro ni on your list!? Give it a read! ^_^

Join ULA if you want to follow the Loli path and reach enlightenment.

Hope you have fun and I'll see you around.

That's a tough question... I would say DotT or Deponia, I can't really decide. Monkey Island was fun and good, but the puzzles were sometimes a tad random and the story was too shallow. Oh man, I remember trying to get the 4th piece of the treasure map in ME2, I was stuck for weeks -.-.

Hey, please don't kill me! Is this the way how newbies are greeted (except you are playing EVE: Online)? It's not that I don't want to read fate/stay night, but the amazon.co.jp DL version seems to be down and otherwise it's hard to get a copy anywhere :\.

Don't worry i merly teasing you.

But interseting to find someone who want's to buy it legally and them download the patch.

The game is pretty easy to find if you look for it.

Patches can be found here.

http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/4745-Fate-Stay-Night-Realta-Nua-PC-version-Mirror-Moon-TL-insertion-project

This patch restores the H-scens wich where replaced by other scenes in the realta nua version. As well as add a few other things

http://realtapatch.tumblr.com/

This patch just translates all of realta nua.

Now i can understand if you don't like downloading iligaly and prefer to buy your games origional.

I prefer to buy my games as well. But i live on the Netherlands and i don't have a credit card so that is kind of hard.

I use ideal for most of my payments.

But there is no reason to not download a game if it is a pain in the ass to find.

And simply buy it later when it becomes easier to find. Altough i doubt fate/stay night will ever get a official localization. As much as i would like for it.

Wich is also why i am happy some vn's will come to steam.

Edit: I don't play eve online.

But i do play war thunder and world of tanks. And have bought star Citizen to look foward to.

Don't worry i merly teasing you.

But interseting to find someone who want's to buy it legally and them download the patch.

The game is pretty easy to find if you look for it.

-snip-

Now i can understand if you don't like downloading iligaly and prefer to buy your games origional.

I prefer to buy my games as well. But i live on the Netherlands and i don't have a credit card so that is kind of hard.

I use ideal for most of my payments.

But there is no reason to not download a game if it is a pain in the ass to find.

And simply buy it later when it becomes easier to find. Altough i doubt fate/stay night will ever get a official localization. As much as i would like for it.

Wich is also why i am happy some vn's will come to steam.

Glad to hear I'm just teased and I guess I could have an a bit exotic mindset for fuwa.

Well, before finding a copy, I should be sure which version I want to get. There are like dozen releases and I want to avoid import 18+ titles because of customs.

As there isn't any reason to not download hard obtainable titles, there also is no justification for doing it. Blablabla, piracy rant, blablabla ;).

Heck, a credit card is also no blessing door opener as many sites block foreign cards. (And I use a crappy prepaid credit card for that. But PayPal is way better than CC). But buying it later if it gets easier available... Hmm, maybe I could make some exceptions to my policy.

-DL links-

Edit: I don't play eve online.

But i do play war thunder and world of tanks. And have bought star Citizen to look foward to.

I'll just omit elegantly those links for now.

I don't play EVE: Online but I heard it's not that easy for newbies. And totally crazy. I also don't play MMOs, could never find the appeal of it.

@rest: Thank you for welcoming me - is it rite to greet newbies with random pictures?

Glad to hear I'm just teased and I guess I could have an a bit exotic mindset for fuwa.

Well, before finding a copy, I should be sure which version I want to get. There are like dozen releases and I want to avoid import 18+ titles because of customs.

As there isn't any reason to not download hard obtainable titles, there also is no justification for doing it. Blablabla, piracy rant, blablabla ;).

Heck, a credit card is also no blessing door opener as many sites block foreign cards. (And I use a crappy prepaid credit card for that. But PayPal is way better than CC). But buying it later if it gets easier available... Hmm, maybe I could make some exceptions to my policy.

@rest: Thank you for welcoming me - is it rite to greet newbies with random pictures?

Okay i will try to answer them one by one.

1. the version you want to get is the pc version of the realta nua release. This one has got no H scenes and and contains an upgraded story.

After that you want to download either of the two english patches i linked to in my previous post. Install them and you are good to go.

2. personally i have on multiple occasions bought games i origionally downloaded illigally. Fallout being a good example. I downloaded it for my xbox360 and liked it so much i ended up buying it for the pc.

Since then i have bought all bethesda games legally for the launch price.

Another soon to be example is planeterian. I have long since played it but when it comes to steam i will definitly buy it.

And don't worry about pirating games being right or wrong. It is neither after all. It all depens on how a person uses it.

3. as for the rite for newbies getting picutures. I am  not sure i am quallified to answer that since i have only been here for about a month now. But everyone new here gets pictures.

And if you are looking for a good anime serie.

Edit - Anime: I don't watch that much. Once in a while it's natty for relaxing but I miss the immersion and characterisation I have in VNs. So I prefer romance/ecchi/comedy Anime with a shallow plot.

Try aria the animation. But be prepared to swallow the words about immersion.

The universe in aria would be the universe i would go on vacation to if that was possible.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/477/Aria_the_Animation

As for something else, there is crest of the stars.

Wich does some fantastic world building and chacterisation.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/290/Seikai_no_Monshou

As you most likly have noticed my now i love suggesting stuff. :P

1. the version you want to get is the pc version of the realta nua release. This one has got no H scenes and and contains an upgraded story.

After that you want to download either of the two english patches i linked to in my previous post. Install them and you are good to go.

2. personally i have on multiple occasions bought games i origionally downloaded illigally. Fallout being a good example. I downloaded it for my xbox360 and liked it so much i ended up buying it for the pc.

Since then i have bought all bethesda games legally for the launch price.

Another soon to be example is planeterian. I have long since played it but when it comes to steam i will definitly buy it.

And don't worry about pirating games being right or wrong. It is neither after all. It all depens on how a person uses it.

Thanks for clarification, that's what I somewhat figured out on my own. Do you have any idea where I can get the 3 releases of realta nua? If not, maybe I put it on my purchase-backlog as I did with GnK...

Well, if I do own the game I see no problem in downloading the game or translation patches for it somewhere. You should just make sure that you're not traced :P.

Try aria the animation. But be prepared to swallow the words about immersion.

The universe in aria would be the universe i would go on vacation to if that was possible.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/477/Aria_the_Animation

As for something else, there is crest of the stars.

Wich does some fantastic world building and chacterisation.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/290/Seikai_no_Monshou

As you most likly have noticed my now i love suggesting stuff. :P

That sounds interesting, have to check it out when I have the chance. And it's fine that you like suggesting stuff, that's quite helpful :).

Yo Wilkommen auf Fuwanovel, ich bin hier auch einer der neuen Mitglieder.

Hoffentlich hast du hier eine schöne Zeit

Ähm, Willkommen zurück und danke. Ich wünsch' dir auch eine gute Zeit hier =). Mal schauen ob es hier wirklich so spaßig ist, da ich normalerweise kein Forenmensch bin.

Thanks for clarification, that's what I somewhat figured out on my own. Do you have any idea where I can get the 3 releases of realta nua? If not, maybe I put it on my purchase-backlog as I did with GnK...

Well, if I do own the game I see no problem in downloading the game or translation patches for it somewhere. You should just make sure that you're not traced :P.

That sounds interesting, have to check it out when I have the chance. And it's fine that you like suggesting stuff, that's quite helpful :).

Ähm, Willkommen zurück und danke. Ich wünsch' dir auch eine gute Zeit hier =). Mal schauen ob es hier wirklich so spaßig ist, da ich normalerweise kein Forenmensch bin.

Unfortunatly i don't know where you can get them for the pc. It does seem findable for the psp but that does not help much now does it?

And chances are big that it will never be released outside of japan. (really sucks tough)

So it is possible downloading it is the only option. :ph34r:  (but fate/stay night is worth it in my opinion)

And traced here in the Netherlands, Are you mad? ;)

Unfortunatly i don't know where you can get them for the pc. It does seem findable for the psp but that does not help much now does it?

And chances are big that it will never be released outside of japan. (really sucks tough)

So it is possible downloading it is the only option. :ph34r:  (but fate/stay night is worth it in my opinion)

And traced here in the Netherlands, Are you mad? ;)

Alright, getting the Vita version and downloading the PC version seems legit in my eyes. At least I would own a version of the VN and support typemoon in a way.

But is it really that worth? How long do you need to read through it?

On another note, I can't believe I actually watched that World of Tanks video...

Alright, getting the Vita version and downloading the PC version seems legit in my eyes. At least I would own a version of the VN and support typemoon in a way.

But is it really that worth? How long do you need to read through it?

On another note, I can't believe I actually watched that World of Tanks video...

That is a tough one, it depends on reading speed. But i guess between 30 to 50 hours per route and there are three.

Eddit: (personally if it ever becomes avaiable legaaly in english i would buyu it without a second thuogh)

But it has been a while since i read it. And i have read it about 4 times now so i could be off.

Another option is downloading it first, playing a bit and then diciding wenether it is worth to buy it.

Also if you ever intend to read tsukihime, don't even bother trying to find it legally. that is a task in futility.

The last release was in 2003 and a remake is being made. (altough it can take years for that to be released, and then it still needs to be translated)

It is about as long as fate stay night but is much smaller in size. (about 233mb)

As for giving you an opinion on type moon stuff. I will leave that to someone else. see the spoiler.

Garden of sinners is written by type moon and made in to an anime by ufotable. It gives a decent depiction of type moons style.

also just as a warning to be on the safe side. In case you think watching the thing that carries the same name as tsukihime.

Hope this helps a bit.

- a bunch of information -

Hope this helps a bit.

Already four times? Damn son, either fate/stay night is truly amazing or I have to take your praising with a huge grain of salt. Nevertheless, I feel the hype train comming...

Is there a recommended route order? Anything that comes to mind that someone should know who theoretically would want to start fate/stay night soon?

And yes, it helps in a way.