Webcomic Topic

Stray Cat

I'm looking through these and I am just like... 'magine a Fuwa webcomic. 

The only one I have ever read is "It's a hard life", which is a comic covering someone's Nuzlocke challenge in Pokemon, although with high dramatization. Kinda filled with a lot of really really dark humor. Nothing can be said for the art at first though... 'cause well... heh. Definitely gets better eventually though.

MegaTokyo is definitely interesting, though I assume most people here know about it already given the culture overlap - the artist is clearly hugely into visual novels. I stumbled across it a couple months ago, I think because it was linked to or mentioned by a Kanon wiki. I binge-read 15 of them once a week or so, so I guess at that rate I'll be caught up in ... somewhere around three years. Hmm.

The artist clearly gets into slumps and goes long periods without posting (or at least he used to, but I get the impression it's still an ongoing thing), which is a bit of a downside...

But on the positive side, he's working (with a small team) on making the whole project into a ridiculously over-ambitious Visual Novel. The kickstarter for it was massively funded a year and a half ago, so it might be out within the next few years. Maybe.

Oh! And he does twitch live streams of him drawing, which can be pretty interesting if you're interested in that side of things.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I searched for an appropriate place to talk about webcomics, and the thread about books didn't seem like a proper place (since it's "books"), so... hope you won't mind me perusing this thread.

Discovered this cool little re-imagined version of Powerpuff Girls, a darker and grittier version:
http://rossowinch.deviantart.com/art/PPG-Chapter-1-Cover-Art-500162816

I've always been fascinated with stories that gave a light-hearted story a darker spin, so this was quite a fun read for me, a bit more than Snafu's PPG webcomic even. It's a bit edgy and tryhard, I guess, but I like the different take on it, though not so much the character design for the three little girls.