Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

Ceris, I read that giant wall of text and it's beautiful. I can see your love for Rin just by reading it and also the effort you put into writing it and even relating it to your own life.

Since it's Rin's birthday and I was also moved by your piece, it made me want to write a little reflection (more like something I wanted to say for awhile now) as well. Rin, (well none of the girls except the second year students) didn't stand out to me because what's screen time? After season 1 was over, Rin was second last in my ranking. After playing SIF and watching season 2, my ranking began to change, including Rin. It wasn't until recently that she went from 8th place to 5th. I started to like Rin because I began to see herself in me as I sat down and began rearranging my ranking for the third (and hopefully the final) time. There's also the fact that Rida Iiho (Rin's seiyuu) is my third fav out of the girls for the seiyuu's.

Months ago my friend asked out of all the girls, who did you relate to the most. I had an answer immediately, it was Rin but back then I couldn't figure out a concrete answer to give him, all I had going was the tomboy personality but I knew the answer was Rin. But a few weeks ago, I sat down and thought about it carefully and now I have one. Just like Rin, I wanted to change. I grew up mostly hanging out with boys and I don't have many girl friends, probably only one. I don't consider myself a tomboy but my mind is similar to a guy's. I'm shy and socially awkward, I barely have any friends. I can't even keep a proper conversation going without thinking in my head "he/she probably thinks I'm weird". After watching episode 5 and listening to Love Wing Bell and watching Rin being able to change, it made me wish I could change as well. Like Rin I want to be cute. I dress like a hobo (sweater + jeans or shorts if it's the summer time) on a regular and I don't wear dresses/skirts unless it's a for wedding (which was like once or twice) or the few times in high school (school uniform). But deep inside I don't want to all the time, I want to wear a skirt or a dress in public, I want to dress how "normal girls" dress but I can't because I'm afraid, especially afraid that people would make fun of me. Everything that Rin went through, I'm afraid that it would happen to me too and it would make me more depressed. I have no confidence and low-self esteem but I wish and one day I hope I'm able to take the step that she did and change into the person I want to be.

...I guess this is why I see Rin in me out of all the girls. I'm really sorry for making it a little too personal.

Nah it's ok. And if anyone starts complaining about you going off topic, keep in mind that you are discussing why you like one of the characters (not that I think that anyone here would complain about this)....

My advice is this: don't be indecisive. If you truly want to do something, then do it. You can't always please everyone, it's sad but it's true. Sorry that i cant say more, but i can't really relate to any thoughts and opinion regarding season 2, because until now due to crap Internet I still can't watch season 2 from episode 4 to the last one. Anyways, although hoping and wishing are good because they show that you desire to change for the better, in the end they would be useless unless you YOURSELF decides to implement the change.

My team stats:

Pure: 37590

Smile: 38151 (with UR Honoka as leader)

Cool: 40110 (with UR Rin as leader)

I now find myself desperate now for Normal cards to feed to my SRs that I've decided that just today I'm gonna do Easy difficulty songs so I'll have 30+ Normal cards

YlG3VLQ.pngoRWRPjl.pngTHuy46T.png

I play also frequently when there is nothing going on. But without spending gems of course. But at first I'm also not that active when a Event is going on like you guys. I use that time to Level up my members effectively and stuff like that or rech the Cleared goals on the songs.

Now I finally FC'ed Takaramonos it took me 15 tries. These damn "holding notes" at the end. But, like you can see, my Perfect Lock team is really useful. But whatever, generally I like that song.

yZQgPWG.png

Whoa I didn't know Cool was your strongest team xD nice teams!

But you need more pure cards huh :P

And damn, 6/9 members are Honoka for Smile... she's your #1 isn't she :wub:

~~

And yeah, I've been wondering about that too: which song mode (Easy, Norm, Hard, EX) would give optimal N cards to be used for training.

Naturally you can fit in like 5 Easy songs for every 1 EX song, so you'd get 15 Normals instead of 3 etc etc but man, I'm too lazy to grind that much ><

Well for my Smile Team, I wanna replace my R Honoka's with 2 SR Smile Eli's and a SR Smile Nico since their skills are Perfect Locks. As for my Pure Team, I'm most definitely gonna level up the new SR Pure Honoka and Nico I got from my last 4 10 + 1 draws up since they increase my score during a Live Show, I do have other SR Pure cards like Rin, an Idolized Hanayo and a Kotori but their skills restore stamina and that's the lowest of my priorities so I don't really bother with leveling them up (I might max level my Idolised Hanayo but after max leveling my other SR Pure cards).

Yeah my Cool Team is the strongest, originally my Smile Team was strongest by a large margin but I realized during the Score Match Round 1 event I've been neglecting my other teams so I decided to level up my SR Pure cards (I didn't have any good SR Pure cards to level up at the time). Also I didn't bother to level up my UR Smile Honoka since back then when I got it I thought it'll take forever to max level since I was really hesitant on using Rare cards and that my Smile Team was already stronger than my other teams. So when I got the UR Pure Rin I was like "Ok fuck it, I'm gonna feed my UR Rin all the non-idolized rares I have (which I don't need since I've max bonded all my idolized Rares) and all my Normals!". It didn't take long to max level it, but I've burnt through all my fodder cards. Now I'm just playing Easy songs to get cards.

Already have enough SRs that you can bench some for healing stamina instead of being score/perfect lock huh :P

Wait did you feed all fodder cards to your UR Cool Rin? I'm so tempted to also go "eff it, I wanna max this card so I'm dumping everything into it" but I'm still being a stingy little prick and feeding them to the proper color for the 20% bonus xD

(IT TOOK GODDAM FOREVER GETTING MY HONOKA TO 100. seriously just wanted to go "eff it" and use all the Smile/Cool N's for her!@#)

~~~

Speaking of EXP, did some testing.

After every song, you can get up to 3 N cards (let's not include the very, very, rare chance of getting a R)

I'm including the 20% bonus if you train via same color.

Level 1 N for completing song (120 exp)

Level 1 N for at getting at least C combo (120 exp)

Level 1~13 N for getting C~S Score on Easy~EX (exp varies)

• S score on Easy gives a level 4 N (156 exp)
  • S score on Normal gives a level ???
  • S score on Hard gives a level 9 N (324 exp)
  • S score on EX gives a level ???; A score gives level 11N (444 exp)

Wouldn't they NOT give him his account back then? Those questions are to verify that he is who he is, not to reset his scores on the songs xD

@maki~chan as a representative of Kotori, I am obligated to go for two of her SRs in the upcoming event :D

@Ceris I'm still new to the game with unmax leveled cards and whatnot so I still try to optimize LP usage.

Though I can already say that I'm slacking on my JP acc hardcore and will only play if I feel like it. 

Since I tend to sleep at night, I could read the post of Ceris only now ;) . But it wasn't a bother to me and I enjoyed to read it. I really like that dedication that you spend for that post and LL! in general. Keep on going that way in you life. Passion is all and don't do things half heartedly (it doesn't matter what, if it's legal :P). I also think we are somehow similar in our way of thinking, maybe thats another reason why I liked that. 

That all is the reason i'm now addicted to the whole LL! stuff, so feel guilty for that :P ... I started with SIF because of that thread here an your dedication you showed here...

I can't really rank the members, I can just say Honoka is #1 and all thze others on a shared second place. I love them all for their individuality. I'm just too open minded :P

Can't wait until I get better :D

Speaking of Mermaid Festa vol. 2, that reminds me of what iamnoob asked a few days ago:

iamnoob, you must be a god at EX songs if you found the EX version to be easier than Hard xD

I got wrecked. Hard was significantly easier for me.

Hard

7bp3C65.png

l9e7fKv.png

EX (first try)

LAuog78.png

@Eclipsed ... Thats right. but it also always depends on the situation. If there is an event or I watch an episode which is about a special member, I like that one the most at that time (excluding Honoka, who is always on top :P) ... SO if you would ask me to rank it seriously, it would always change with the time. Even at the time I'm writing this the rankings on #2-#8 changing permanently.

So right now AT THIS MOMENT:  Honoka > Rin > Umi > Kotori > Eli > Maki > Nozomi > Hanayo > Nico

Yeah, you guys were probably just indifferent towards cloudy so you're not shocked as much/at all. I've been interacting with her for a month now so yeah to have the truth revealed to me like that got me good xD.

Idk how effective it would be, but it's worth a shot! You can count me in!

~~~@Ezee Honoka > Rin = Hanayo = Maki = Kotori = Umi = Nico = Nozomi = Eli huh? xD

Idk if my own ranking changed (not going to refer to it; just gonna go ahead and rank now)

Maki > Nico > Honoka > Rin = Hanayo = Kotori = Umi = Eli = Nozomi. But if you really want a clear ranking, I guess

Maki > Nico > Honoka > Umi > Eli > Kotori > Hanayo > Rin > Nozomi

Hmm? If indifferent doesn't mean having a neutral attitude towards something then crap, my bad xD. I meant it as in you guys knew there was bound to be females so you were naturally neutral towards everybody's gender and thus wouldn't get shocked.

@iamnoob I have no idea when to tell when there's a guaranteed SR in JP version :x

Oh. So that's what you meant. I guess we both have different definitions of the word "indifferent"...

Since I can't watch second season of the anime due to Internet constraints, the following ranking of characters that I like is probably going to be changing again= nico=hanayo>nozomi>rin=Eli>maki>honoka>umi>kotori.

I am looking forward to being able to watch season 2 soon.

Btw I have a dilemma right now guys. Should I use my 50 gems right now for a chance of getting hanayo, or should I wait for the special recruitment draws (which might not even be available this year). I just don't want to end up getting no UR again, and who knows maybe my chances with the latter draw would be better than with normal ones.....

I'll wait until I hear more than 5 opinions before I decide.

Oh yeah, when I woke up I actually dreamed of getting a UR. I also remember having dreamed before of getting 2 URs in one 10+1 draw. Haha, I guess I'm just really desperate for URs now lol.

Edited by phoenixfyre2552

So there are other females here TvT

Everybody sounds like I don't like the idea of Nosebleed and Ceris being males :D No waaay! I love them both they are amazing people and their gender does not matter at all

So thank you again Nosebleed for opening this thread everyone loves it and can talk to other sif players! And Ceris for always helping all of us giving us what you know and being patient with us all the time (feel like we are bunch of children and you are the big brother)

I didn't play sif for 35 hours now will play when we sit :'D

I watched both seasons and played the game for four months here my list :D

Maki > Nico > Honoka > Rin > Nozomi > Umi > Kotori > Eli > Hanayo

based on their characters