Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

Talking about the anime, I think one of the greatest moments for me was when they were creating a song together. I swear, the moment they all went outside because of the snow while trying to create a new song, I literally screamed: OH MY GOD, SNOW HALATION!

If someone told me an idol anime could be this good, I doubt I'd believe it. 

Talking about the anime, I think one of the greatest moments for me was when they were creating a song together. I swear, the moment they all went outside because of the snow while trying to create a new song, I literally screamed: OH MY GOD, SNOW HALATION!

^Yup.

This anime really delivered. 

^Yup.

This anime really delivered. 

I don't cry that often when reading novels/mangas or watching animes, but it's usually because of something sad. Love Live was one of the few works that ever made me cry tears of joy, I was so happy when they managed to get there in time for the qualifiers. I guess we all simply love the muses.

@Eclipsed I woke up and saw you got a new UR lol this time Rin ramen UR

You better come here and do a draw for me! :D

I hated Honoka so muuch I didn't see a reason of her being the leader (this happens before the anime even started with um previous songs) for me Nico was much better :D I loved her so so so much :D I loved how Kotori and Maki looked and Maki's voice

But then the anime started and my like for Kotori and my hate for Honoka disappeared. I loved Maki as much as Nico (okay still Nico was my favourite especially when I saw ep5 that was touching she worked hard but couldn't find true people. She loves idols but she wanted to be one the most)

Maki I love her character her tsundere side :D But even right now I love Nico a loot maybe more than her maybe the same

Honoka ahh after watching the anime my opinions about her changed. I came to love her I love it she shows everyone her lazy silly side but she enjoys literally enjoys being in u's and working hard for all u's members and she gives lots of thoughts about the group and other people too (like Tsubasa & Arisa)

Maki- the most beautiful

Nico- the cutest

Honoka- beautiful&cute

After these three I love all the members same except Hanayo I guess

First we didn't see much things about her in both seasons. And the main reason why I like her least is her talking... she has an annoying voice (when she sings that is a different story I love her singing voice it balances with everyone's) well I am someone who cannot stand seeing not self confident people I wanna stop them talking and talk for them seriously if she had a more confident character, I could really love her

Even when her cards talk, I am annoyed by it :D (sorry Hanayo fans :D)

Stuff always happens when I sleep, and it was only 4 hours :(

First off, unrelated to discussion

8hzWdLC.png

10 day event means they aren't releasing the initial UR Nozomi yet. Guess we're waiting longer.

Funny thing is Honoka was my favourite until I played SIF in June and thought "How come Hanayo is getting points all of a sudden, oh screw it" and is now my favourite~ My top 3 are Hanayo > Honoka > Umi. At some point Maki was in my top 3 but then she just fell near the bottom...=/

Part of it comes from the fact that season 1 was, basically what my friend and I dubbed "Honoka, Kotori, Umi and friends" but I'm glad season 2 gave everyone else more screen time.

On a side note, I'm glad I can talk about Love Live! with you guys :). I usually only talk about it with another friend since we seem to be the only ones in our circle who is really into it.

Funny how  the game can do that. Originally I just thought "Hanayo's pretty cute" but after playing the game and listening to her solo songs (yes, I consider that adding to her character), she's my favorite up with Rin (Of course, Rin has a huge lead). There's just a bunch of traits I find extremely adorable about our Kayo-chin.

I would say she was the only drastic change in my favorite rankings since the beginning besides Rin just shooting up to the top.

And this thread has almost become my passion since how much I'm obsessed with Love Live. I'm a frequent poster over at the /r/schoolidolfestival (I check multiple times a day, it's my 2nd most visited site on my phone after Fuwa). I am super happy to have a dedicated place to talk about Love Live. I have two friends who like the anime, one whom gets annooyed when I bring it up now, and the other, well, not sure about him, but I do know he seems genuinely interested if I bring up facts and stuff, since he loves the series (gave it a 10/10) and Nico is his  favorite anime character.

That's some deep stuff there Ceris. *Thumbs up*

I don't think you should be ashamed about neglecting Rin....(actually, what?! You went through the WHOLE season 1 without knowing her name?!!!??!!!??!@?#!  :P)

I, uh, unfortunately don't have any 'meaningful' reasons for my own list of favs but here goes:

1. Maki

2. Nico

This was without anyone's influence btw. I just somehow gravitated to them. Then when I realized that these two lovelies were indeed Nosebleed's avatar+signature I was like OHHHH MY GOSHHHH  :lol:

3. Honoka

4. Umi

5. Eli

6. Nozomi

7. Rin

8. Hanayo

9. Kotori

Listing out everybody like this always does the ones at the bottom of the list little justice. Even though Kotori's at the bottom, she's probably just 1 point behind Hanayo, who's 1 point behind Rin, and so on in my book aka I love 'em all.

I don't think I've posted my order in a while.

Rin

Hanayo

Honoka

Maki

Nico

Umi

Kotori

Eli

Nozomi

As I said above, my list hasn't changed much since I started besides Rin and Hanayo being at the top. I've always liked Honoka (besides that dark moment recently), and Maki because I love tsunderes, but her dere side is just too strong, making her used to be my 2nd rank before Rin showed up, making her 3rd for the longest time. I... can't say anything about Nico because Nosebleed's post will completely wreck anything I say. Seriously, that post is amazing, his posts always makes mine look terrible.

Next is Umi, who is pretty close to Kotori in ranking, Umi just comes a little ahead because I like some of her major traits, while Kotori's more of a combination of little things. Lastly Eli and Nozomi. I have always been annoyed how she handled u's in S1, then her seeming personality swap after joining, and don't care for the way they try to make the "beauty" be that cutesy girl. Just not my type of character. Lastly Nozomi... I went through a period where I hated her, legit. Over time, I've come to appreciate her a ton more, but she's still my least favorite.

That last line doesn't apply to me, I love idol anime. I like making my favorites list 15 titles long for anime, and I have Idolmaster and AKB0048 in my top list too (I didn't like Wake Up, Girls and Locodol was just a little above average)

The amount of hype I had for an entire week was unbelievable, knowing Snow Halation was coming. That performance was amazing. When they won the preliminaries, and Tsubasa asks Honoka how they won, I always say "Because they performed Snow Halation, duh"

Speaking of Snow Halation, I got revenge on it. Because my old shit phone, I couldn't FC it, but got it 2nd try in the score match, 1st time my game's timing was off and I needed to calibrate

EbDfRM5.png

Even when her cards talk, I am annoyed by it :D (sorry Hanayo fans :D)

A lot of people have that one member they don't like (and often enough, it's usually Hanayo :(). Every time Nozomi appears, I quickly change screen to get my leader back. I always apologize to Nozomi fans, I just can't seem to like her.'

I need to stop making these longs posts...

Oh, I made a Rin vs Honoka comparison (maybe that's what started the whole negative Honoka in my mind, Rin had to be better...) a while ago, here. I have this, Nosebleed's, and now my Honoka post saved away somewhere so I can link them whenever :P

Oooooo, I never noticed how awesome this artist was! I knew they had a single Rin image twice over with a slight edit then I clicked their profile after they released a RinPana version, and found out they just combined a Rin with a Hanayo, and they have a NicoMaki one as well

They only have a few images, but definitely worth checking out.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=10539782

Basically, they have the original, a set with the original and one with the character winking/eyes closed (eyes closed Nico and Hanayo are amazing), and a gif of the character blinking then doing the special, lastly, a combination for NicoMaki and RinPana.

Oh mein gott... I'm getting tyranossaurus rekt in the JP Hanayo score match event, my teams are way too weak. I FCed Snow Halation and got last place with a difference of around 20k points to someone whose combo was around 110 (FC is 206). And that After School Navigators is also ruining my chances, I played it over 40 times but for some reason I can't FC it, I always miss in a different moment, I always end up losing my rhythm at some point. T-T

Someone on my friend list is a Rice fan

NJ9zipK.png

I would have gone for tier 2, but I have 51 gems atm and want to do a 10+1. Though, I might wait until a member comes out that I actually want. What does everyone here think I should do? I've only twice ever (out of like 10 10+1s) gotten a new member that's supposed to have that 40% higher appearance rate, so it's almost as if it's not even worth waiting, though the chance is still there, but I already missed Hanayo and Rin URs this cycle :(

My order is: Hanayo > Honoka > Umi > Kotori > Rin > Nozomi > Maki > Eri > Nico. I don't have as a deep meaning as you guys when choosing a character but yeah XD.

I think episode 1 and 9 were my favourites in the second season.

Maki's score match begins at 4 am where I am. Hope I don't end up 4th place every time because no UR's but I think it's decent enough D: