Love Live! School Idol Festival Thread

Nosebleed

Haven't tried an Expert song on the EN version in a while, busy getting 40 clears on Snow Halation and Baby Maybe Koi no Button since they are the only <15LP Hards I don't have A clears on.

Congrats~! Now you just have to FC it :P

Who says it's easy!? That song is definitely the one I get the most combo breaks on.

My phone just lags in general which makes notes literally teleport and make me miss. Then I'll get battery low or alarm notifications that block my screen and don't lt me hit notes. Lastly, whenever I get an email my sound dims heavily (I have it set so I auto-subscribe to all threads I post in and get a notification whenever there's a reply, so many emails)

Got a friend in game he/she is rank 87 even his/her bio says Soldier Game is very easy T.T And some people FC it in a day or two :D 

My phone just lags in general which makes notes literally teleport and make me miss. Then I'll get battery low or alarm notifications that block my screen and don't lt me hit notes. Lastly, whenever I get an email my sound dims heavily (I have it set so I auto-subscribe to all threads I post in and get a notification whenever there's a reply, so many emails)

Seems to me you've got more problems than me haha. My notifications generally come from messages only as I didn't sync my phone and my mail. If only there was a feature to block all notifications when in game installed on my phone, that would be so handy. On a side note, about 2~3 days left before we know for sure if we're getting a Honoka/Kotori event. I'm secretly hoping for another Kotori event. Macaroons! chocolato oishii! The event song is just so catchy  :lol:

40 clears on Snow Halation, did an 8 draw (had 145 extra FP) aaannnnndddd

Nico

The only not fc soldier game yer is me =w=?

My best run is like 6 goods and I've played the song 20 times.

Got a friend in game he/she is rank 87 even his/her bio says Soldier Game is very easy T.T And some people FC it in a day or two :D

Some people are good at reading cluster of slower moving notes. I just can't do that. Back when I played Guitar Hero, I always used the mod "hyperspeed" which increases the board's speed which lets you see the space between notes easier. If Soldier Game was going at an Expert speed, I could probably FC it a lot easier.

That cluster of notes in soldier game is repetitive and regular, that's why it's "easy" as long as you get the rythm down.

I can FC soldier game now most of the time.

After the double in the cluster, my thumb doing the constant beat instinctively goes to then next line because generally drum patterns go single single+base, single, single+snare, so when I hit the double, my mind automatically thinks "next pattern". So I blame the game for not following normal music patterns :P

And I'm split. I want the Honoka event so we can just keep moving on in updates, but I also want the repeats because I didn't get the Kotori card and I didn't idolize Umi.

Haven't tried an Expert song on the EN version in a while, busy getting 40 clears on Snow Halation and Baby Maybe Koi no Button since they are the only <15LP Hards I don't have A clears on.

Congrats~! Now you just have to FC it :P

Who says it's easy!? That song is definitely the one I get the most combo breaks on.

LLSIF app is just weird when it comes to power consumption. I used to have notes not registering my finger prints until I played with it plugged into an outlet. 

Seems to me you've got more problems than me haha. My notifications generally come from messages only as I didn't sync my phone and my mail. If only there was a feature to block all notifications when in game installed on my phone, that would be so handy. On a side note, about 2~3 days left before we know for sure if we're getting a Honoka/Kotori event. I'm secretly hoping for another Kotori event. Macaroons! chocolato oishii! The event song is just so catchy  :lol:

If it's possible to turn notifications off the app should have an option for it. 

LLSIF app is just weird when it comes to power consumption. I used to have notes not registering my finger prints until I played with it plugged into an outlet. 

This! I've had notes not registering my finger several times before but I have no idea what the cause is.

I don't get that issue ever. It's just notifications take over my screen. I FC'd No Brand sitting on my bus driving down the freeway at 70MPH (~112KM/H). I walk around my house playing the game too. Just about 15min ago, I was playing Snow Halation with one hand while pouring myself some coffee (I ended the song with 8 stamina, wasn't a good idea to multi-task like that)

This! I've had notes not registering my finger several times before but I have no idea what the cause is.

I think it could be your screen protector being dusty/cloudy or something. Had this same problem a few days ago with notes not registering. Changed my screen protector and the problem was solved. 

I don't get that issue ever. It's just notifications take over my screen. I FC'd No Brand sitting on my bus driving down the freeway at 70MPH (~112KM/H). I walk around my house playing the game too. Just about 15min ago, I was playing Snow Halation with one hand while pouring myself some coffee (I ended the song with 8 stamina, wasn't a good idea to multi-task like that)

Lol I get the point. 

I think it could be your screen protector being dusty/cloudy or something. Had this same problem a few days ago with notes not registering. Changed my screen protector and the problem was solved. 

Could be. Mines is definitely the power though since I don't have a screen protector. Plugging it in solves it 100% of the time on my Samsung tablet.

I don't have any screen protector though :(

And the problem hasn't happened in a while. It's completely random.

It's not about LL:SIF; the game is just fine, when it comes to hardware usage, and requirements are preety low for an app which makes use of hardware acceleration for texture scaling/rotation. If you feel the game works sluggish and not responsive enough, your systems might be the cause; either you have way too many power consuming apps running in the background, or your system might be too bloated and requires a cleaning. In most cases low ammounts of available RAM on the fly cause applications to either slow down or lag considerably; google's services running in the background are another culrpit, especially the auto updater. Every time you turn on the wifi or connect to the net, auto updater checks for application updates and starts to update them if anything is available; unless you turned that off and have a really powerful hardware, updater causes considerable lags within already working applications.

My dualcore Qualcomm MSM8225 is more than enough to handle almost every single game well with my screen resolution, but google's updating services often cause lags if LL:SIF is already running. I typically give the phone a minute before I start playing, so it can do the updating peacefully.

On the other hand, I'm really interested what are the borderline requirements for the game to run decent enough to play it with ease; I have my old LG GT540; might as well root it for an 2.3 update and check how well LL:SIF performs on that old 600mhz cpu.

Is there any issues with switching between devices? Or is it really easy? My mom has a tablet I might be able to use, and it seems our tablet users here outperform the mobile phone users.

And YESSSS Google Updating my apps kills my game. it literally takes like 30 seconds just to navigate a couple screens. I have an app that kills all things uselessly using my RAM, and have it ignore SIF just to give a performance boost.

I can vouch for the auto updater.

I turned off auto updating because it made SIF crash more than once and another time it was the cause of my finger not registering. 

Maybe it was the cause of previous problems too but since i didn't check those times so I don't know.

My tablet has 1GB RAM and runs SIF with no issues or lag so auto updating really does mess up the apps.

And maybe that's why I haven't had the issue anymore recently..?

Is there any issues with switching between devices? Or is it really easy? My mom has a tablet I might be able to use, and it seems our tablet users here outperform the mobile phone users.

And YESSSS Google Updating my apps kills my game. it literally takes like 30 seconds just to navigate a couple screens. I have an app that kills all things uselessly using my RAM, and have it ignore SIF just to give a performance boost.

I would say it is pretty troublesome to switch between devices as each time you switch a new code will be generated and the old one will be deactivated. So basically you would have to use a new code every time you switch devices. It's worth a shot though in my opinion granted you'll be playing better due to larger screen resolution.

I would say it is pretty troublesome to switch between devices as each time you switch a new code will be generated and the old one will be deactivated. So basically you would have to use a new code every time you switch devices. It's worth a shot though in my opinion granted you'll be playing better due to larger screen resolution.

I don't think generating a new code would be an issue since I'll be sitting right there with my phone (my primary access to browsing the internet) and the tablet which is always in the living room where my mom plays her games. I read on the wiki that transfering from Android to iOS and vice-verse doesn't work if you have loveca though, which is a problem because I have 61...

That wording is so unclear, "When transferring data from your original device, please do not purchase items"

Purchase from where? The original device? The new one? Don't purchase after transferring? Etc, that just confuses me. I don't purchase gems, but gems are purchaseable which makes me hesitant. 61 love gems being lost is a huge deal.

I'm pretty sure the game won't let you transfer between platforms if you have access love gems. I read about it somewhere where this dude failed to transfer his accounts between platforms and was wondering what was the cause. Turns out he had 4 love gems on his account and had to use it all up before transferring.

You can always e-mail support and ask about it.

Or post it on /r/schoolidolfestival and see if someone knows

I was already posting it there before you mentioned it.

I'm pretty sure the game won't let you transfer between platforms if you have access love gems. I read about it somewhere where this dude failed to transfer his accounts between platforms and was wondering what was the cause. Turns out he had 4 love gems on his account and had to use it all up before transferring.

How long ago was that? I mean, it could have been patched for all we know, if it wasn't recent. If it still applies, I'll never play on that tablet then because I'm against doing 5-gem draws, and that's literally the only way to get 0 loveca since doing a 10 draw gives you a free love gem

Random thing, apparently buying love gems on iOS is more expensive than Android. http://www.reddit.com/r/SchoolIdolFestival/comments/2b1b34/love_gem_prices/

Then e-mail support and ask if they fixed it. Can't get more trustworthy info than that.

Edit: Holy crap love gems on iOS are expensive if what he said is true.

Here's a screenshot of the prices on Android (from my tablet).

It could also be a region thing.

In the US the difference is 1 dollar (0,72€) between platforms so not that significant.

But a 10€ (16 USD) difference for Europe users between platforms is massive and utterly ridiculous.

XvHygju.jpg

I was already posting it there before you mentioned it.

How long ago was that? I mean, it could have been patched for all we know, if it wasn't recent. If it still applies, I'll never play on that tablet then because I'm against doing 5-gem draws, and that's literally the only way to get 0 loveca since doing a 10 draw gives you a free love gem

Random thing, apparently buying love gems on iOS is more expensive than Android. http://www.reddit.com/r/SchoolIdolFestival/comments/2b1b34/love_gem_prices/

But before i saw in neogaf, they say that's 20% discount if using itunes card to topup? (i may wrong )

p/s:i done with 65 plays of soldier game, but.... no even A combo XD

But before i saw in neogaf, they say that's 20% discount if using itunes card to topup? (i may wrong )

p/s:i done with 65 plays of soldier game, but.... no even A combo XD

If you get an A combo and not FC it, that's a sad day since the hardest part of the song is before the A-rank combo mark. Also, that discount may be why the love gems are more expensive on iOS.

Sent an email btw. Gotta turn off Fuwa emails so I don't miss the email from klab in the influx I get from here. Don't use my email for much else, so the spam I get isn't an issue (looks at the 4500 unread emails)

Just thought of something. How awesome of a feeling it must be for the real life u's members to know that their music is literally being listened to world wide in a world wide released game based on them? Some anime gets lucky to get licensed outside of Japan but Love Live got it's own English translated game. I remember the Madoka Magica VAs saying they were stunned when they heard Rebellion was being aired outside of Japan. Must be an incredible feeling considering how competitive the industry is there.