*Spoilers* G String No Maou: Only Chapter 2, but so distraught as to what to do :((

torbin12

So, just got to the part where they finally let us know that Azai is Maou........I guess there were always the hintings, the inkling little tips that pointed in that direction...sigh....to find out that you're the bad guy, or at least one of them....I kind of liked the story, I kind of liked Azai up till now, sure, he was a little bit of a douche, but you could tell deep down, he was still a pretty good guy, despite the work he was doing, that deep down part of him gave me hope, made me like him, made me believe he was worth holding on to and out for...but now...to find out that he is also Maou.....sigh....I detest, absolutely abhor, playing the bad guy....and there's not a single thing about Maou that I've learned up till now that I like...now, I don't know how to proceed, just drop it now that the taste has been turned sour in my mouth? Hold out, hoping that the Psychologist will be able to help him break his bond with his inner demon, that maybe the girls can save him from himself, knowing that every route I take may lead me deeper into the darkness, and hatred that is Maou, that is Azai...sigh....I'm lost, the darkness of this inner demon has confused my path, made me question if this was the proper route at all....am I the fool for thinking this way? Am I taking these matters which may seem trivial to all others far too seriously? Have I made a tiny molehill into an insurmountable Mountain, dwarfing even Rheasilvia Mons.....Am I taking this too far? I need guidance, but in this dark, inner-most part of Azai's soul, could even the light of the sun guide me.....sigh....to be the bad guy....or to walk away....

so, you have reached chapter 2, huh. I hear that many people couldn't progress after this point (due to many reasons) but for me personally, I am the type to see things through. Now, you may not be the same, but I strongly suggest that you continue. G-Senjou no maou is one of those VN you just have to finish entirely to truly be appreciated

I never finished the full game but according to an interview i did with pondr this, he says:

6) What is the one reason why G-Senjou no Maou deserves to be played by everyone?

In my opinion, it isn’t the typical “art/setting/plot/characters/music/directing” kind of situation. I think the most important reason to play G-Senjou no Maou is due to the incredible game its spiritual prequel was: Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo.

If you loved Sharin (like the rest of the world did, it’s my personal favorite… though I feel I should mention I didn’t play it until after I was invested in G-Senjou), then you need to play G-Senjou no Maou. They complement each other perfectly: Sharin is a summer story, G-Sen is a winter story. Sharin’s protagonist is someone with an upbeat, straightforward attitude, G-Sen’s is brooding and upset. Much of Sharin is centered around the sins of the protagonist, G-Sen is centered around the sins against its protagonist. In Sharin, the lead characted works to heal the hearts of the heroines, in G-Sen, the heroines work to heal the heart of the lead character. Sharin’s hero is a hero, and villain is a villain, G-Sen’s heroes are villains and villains are heroes. It’s the exact opposite, and yet so similar in many respects. It’s for this reason that I feel you can’t play just one or the other… they have to come as a pair. Now that Sharin’s translation is done, it’s all the more important we get G-Sen done.

It’s been a pleasure answering your questions.

-Chris

https://visualnovelaer.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/g-senjou-no-maou-pondrthis/

Okay. Please listen to everything I'm going to tell you:

1) Don't stop.

2) Don't underestimate the writers.

3) If you do underestimate the writers, your mind and head will be blown off your body during the rush to the climax of the game.

.... Phew! That said, let me assure you that I and most people out there felt the same way. Don't give up. You will be amazed and surprised by this game over and over again. I almost gave up and I'm forever glad I didn't. I had a crushing hatred toward the MC and the game for the role it put me in. Needless to say, my mind and head were blown off my body by the amazing things that come out in the climax.

That said, if you're TRULY BEYOND SAVING, PM me and we'll talk spoilers.

Edit: Because spoilers come out so quickly in this post, I renamed the topic slightly ("*Spoilers*").

Edited by Tay

Well, as of yet, there was nothing I needed spoilers for, I wasn't considering rushing to the end, I was considering simply giving it up, as I dislike playing bad guys, that was the sole reason for thinking of giving it up, I just..dont like to be a bad guy (which sometimes gets me in trouble during routes lol, 'trying to please everyone leaves no one happy' and all that) but, as there are so many immediate responses along the lines of 'NOOOOO, dont do it, keep going' I will indeed attempt to persevere, and go through with being the bad guy.

: ) Your response tells me -- clear as day -- that your mind will be blown by the ending. Just keep going, and when you reach the point I am talking about, and you have a huge smile on your face, please come back here and post your reaction : ). I'd love to nerd-out with you about G-Senjou.

• 3 months later...

: ) Your response tells me -- clear as day -- that your mind will be blown by the ending. Just keep going, and when you reach the point I am talking about, and you have a huge smile on your face, please come back here and post your reaction : ). I'd love to nerd-out with you about G-Senjou.

Tay you know how troubled i was about finishing this game. That being said, I stayed until the end. It was definitely worth it. DONT QUIT AND KEEP READING NO MATTER WHAT.

I wasn't blown away, but i enjoyed it immensely.

I second what Ryoji said. G-Senjou is awesome, and everything becomes clear by the time you get to the final chapter... Though that should be obvious.

Just keep in mind that the side routes are more like what-if scenarios, and they even have certain elements and twists that directly contradict what we learn in the true route (this is especially true for Kanon's route).

Tay you know how troubled i was about finishing this game. That being said, I stayed until the end. It was definitely worth it. DONT QUIT AND KEEP READING NO MATTER WHAT.

I wasn't blown away, but i enjoyed it immensely.

Oh, goodness. Thank heaven. Sweated this one out for a long time. Glad you liked it : )