My thoughts on Remember 11 (*SPOILERS*)

grim_tales1

How do you get the Tuna CG? I got the one where

Hotori kisses Satoru - my theory is that makes her personality jump into Satoru (explaining why he goes batshit crazy destroying stuff and stabbing Enamoto)

As far as I know the reason Satoru goes batshit insane is the other baby's consciousness, though the ending simply fucked my mind and left it writhing on the floor so I might be wrong.

Also I do not have a few CG's from the page 3 of the Album for some reason! I think I lack the tuna CG as well(when I read it first I thought you meant the one in ever17

:P), damn it time to go text-hunting again.

Nyanko

but I don't think that the personality is the real Saturo at all, the bad ending in the third location said otherwise, as revealed by the real Saturo.. also Mayuzumi Lin kept saying that he is not the real Saturo from the start ( and she is right )

you maybe forgetting something here ? I don't know who he is but he has some of the real Saturo's memories but not all, he maybe some unique existence like Blick Winkel @@ or something else .. I don't know.

and thanx for your explanation.

Nyanko

but I don't think that the personality is the real Saturo at all, the bad ending in the third location said otherwise, as revealed by the real Saturo.. also Mayuzumi Lin kept saying that he is not the real Saturo from the start ( and she is right )

you maybe forgetting something here ? I don't know who he is but he has some of the real Saturo's memories but not all, he maybe some unique existence like Blick Winkel @@ or something else .. I don't know.

and thanx for your explanation.

Yes there are a lot of theories about blick winkel, because there was a tip somewhere that Yukidoh and Enomoto (or atleast one of them) works for Leiblich.  And you're right I was only referring to the body switch between Satoru and Enomoto at the beginning because I didn't assume you'd know that, but you did

^_^ and you were actualy referring to the "real maincharacter". My bad. It is true that during the whole story neither Satoru or Enomoto is the one in Enomoto's body. In this story "a being that was born 90 minutes ago" is in his body and some theories refer to that being as blick winkel indeed. I think it means us (the reader) taking control from the point Yukidoh in Satoru's body fell/was pushed from the clock tower, but this is basically what blick winkel stands for: a higher being that looks at the story from another dimension.

I'm not sure anymore what theory I thought was best after finishing, Remember11 doesn't explain why a lot of things happen, so that is what we theorize about. You can find people making up the wildest theories about why we are playing R11, why there is an infinite loop and what everything has to do with the rest of the Infinity series. It's pretty interesting to read other people's theories of the game.

Now you finished R11 and seem to like certain parts a lot I am almost certain you'd like I/O too. ^_^

Nyanko

Exactly, he was "born" after the fall.. so he could a unique being. an evidence to this is how the real Saturo acted when he talked with him in the third location! he said that he is a "low life" and was very rude, maybe because our character was really nothing more than a "personality" meant to serve a certain purpose, nothing more.

I'm sure the story left a lot, but I want to know more details :(
I should read the timeline!

Now you finished R11 and seem to like certain parts a lot I am almost certain you'd like I/O too. ^_^

I'm sure that I'll like it a lot, I like sci-fi in general. also, I enjoy Nakazawa's stories :D

Really liked Remember 11 personally. The major twists were unique even for this sort of thing and the majority of mysteries were pretty definitively solvable by the end. Minimal fanservice and filler too.

However;

I find it hard to believe the others wouldn't give away that you were becoming an incoherent giant spastic-baby for 1/2hr periods, given that you already had the whole personality swap thing out in the open?

The one thing I really don't get is the Sayaka/Keiko part. I assumed that Keiko's MPD consciousnesses were present whilst Satoru (player) was at SPHIA as its pretty explicit that someone with long black hair kills you in one of the bad ends? Unless there are an unexplained fourth set of consciousnesses I just can't get it.

Great game though. One that I wish I hadn't played so I could go start it again.

I finally got all the TIPs! I didnt realise that

some of them are hidden inside other TIPs

- DOH! Off to read them and report back with my thoughts but:

I'm thinking that the main character in the Satoru route is not Satoru but actually Enamoto - so why did Enamoto and Satoru swap their names around? Did they swap bodies too?

WOW

So.. finished the tips...

The young girl with black hair (in the flashback) is Satoru's sister? I don't get it.. is she dead? Or is Hotori really his sister?

If so does that mean the real Satoru is the dude in sunglasses?!?!

I think he must have done this 'project' to save his sister? But why did Satoru swap his name with Enamoto?

What does "riven" mean?

It is...

Never Ever Remember Code Riven

or

Never Remember Riven Ever Code (by numbers- 7 11 12 17 18) Abbreviated: "NRREC"

But what'd "Code Riven" mean?

We need to read Code18 and 12Riven to find out... (I also have to read Never7 sometime)

I'll read 12 Riven as soon as it's translated.

As I finally finished all of R11 my mind has been blown with questions, theory time!

Maybe the real Satoru planted his memories in Enamoto? Or maybe he wanted him to think he was actually Satoru and used to date Lin? If we say you actually play as Enamoto, it makes sense if Lin STILL doesnt think you're Satoru at the end.

Too bad we will never know what it all really means, :/

Yeah :(

Maybe they both dated her - who knows? But I just dont understand why their names were swapped?

Apparently Satoru's sister suffered from DID - I don't think she actually 'died' but maybe grew up to be Inubushi and murdered people, and in Satoru's eyes she 'died'

I'll go and read the Explain R11 page!

• 4 months later...

I finished Remember 11 two days ago.

I'm half-disappointed and half-satisfied.

Overall, the first half of the VN didn't appeal much to me, it wasn't bad - in fact it was fairly well executed - but I couldn't really get emotionally implicated in it. In a sense I was much more interested by the sci-fi mystery part than the "accident" part.

As for the second half, well... It delivers quite a lot, I appreciated all the inner thinking by Satoru, the various explanations and hints dropped, even though sometimes we're a little bit too much spoonfed (and some other times not enough). The main issue I have is the lack of resolution (or at least lack of sufficient hints) on one particular point that I find very important,

the

why of the story, what is this Yukidoh plan, why are they doing quantum shenanigans to transfer the locations in the first place? That's a very important question, because without knowing this, the story kinda loses its value.

We're strongly hinted at the fact that Yukidoh Sayaka is the whole point of this by reading some of the tips, but it should have been addressed more thoroughly.