Favourite Trope (Focus on Genre Type)

Yukata Lover

Select  a Trope here. As you click one of those tropes. For example, you click the Action Adventure Tropes, It will direct you to where the writer's refer their action sequeces in a story. click and See one of those and reply it on the post with detail why you like it.

PS: No Tropes Related to death pls (Well because I have sorta done that before and it didn't end up well) and the reason I post this topic is also to gain knowledge about the point of view of a Reader.

Update : Add how many you like. I just want to read why you like them for further research. 

I love tragedy tropes. It's hard to pick a favorite, but if I must, I'll pick Despair Event Horizon.

The main reasons for it is because it's such a standard in tragedies and the scenes where this is crossed are so emotional. I love seeing it happen in the climax, and it always packs such a punch. I'll quote one of my favorite authors, Urobuchi:

"I have nothing but contempt for the deceitful thing men call 'happiness', and find myself with no choice but to push my characters, whom I pour my heart and soul out to create, into the abyss of tragedy."

Same as this guy <3

Hm, I always found Red String of Fate something very scary. It's basically "this person is your true love because destiny says so."

And "because destiny says so" is an invoked form of "you can't fight fate".

So, what if you disagree in everything with the person you're linked to? Even if you despise their ideology or you're simply a bad matchup, you'll end up together anyway just because. I wouldn't be able to sleep soundly at night if such a thing existed :P

Got a good point there. I mainly agreed with Shaward on loving romance and love stories and rushed reading the Red String of Fate. Theres too many love tropes to read through so maybe at a later time will I decide then.

I don't like most romance tropes, but if I had to pick one, it would be undoubtely be Cherry Blossoms. Just because they make me think of Yuyuko :)

It was already hard to pick a trope but i picked tragic trope. then picking one again was even harder, hope you don't mind me picking two of them.

Tragic Hero: Humans are led by their ideals throughout their lives, but being betrayed by your own ideal is the purest form of despair i can think of, even more when you know you will be too low to even lick the ground at the end of your story.

Tragic Villain: No one is able to choose the path they walk on, but many are able to choose what to think and pursue those ideals, but being unable to do anything other than numbing your senses in order to keep destroying yourself is in my opinion the nastiest form of despair.

It was already hard to pick a trope but i picked tragic trope. then picking one again was even harder, hope you don't mind me picking two of them.

Tragic Hero: Humans are led by their ideals throughout their lives, but being betrayed by your own ideal is the purest form of despair i can think of, even more when you know you will be too low to even lick the ground at the end of your story.

Tragic Villain: No one is able to choose the path they walk on, but many are able to choose what to think and pursue those ideals, but being unable to do anything other than numbing your senses in order to keep destroying yourself is in my opinion the nastiest form of despair.

Sure I don't mind. pick how many you like.

And also you just gave me an idea.